Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2013, 03:25 AM   #1
LunarDistortion
Earning My Ears

Jingle Cruise= Same ride with holiday puns.

I don't know if i'm missing something, but I was rather disappointed in the holiday Jungle Cruise. They had announced it, while not big, large enough for a few tourists and Disney Fanatics to hear about it. I got excited for it and yesterday got to ride it.

The queue line was a bit different, a Christmas tree, holiday songs playing, and words like mistletoe and jolly painted on tires and tree bark that was nailed to the boat titles. Not too large, but it's a queue line. I got on and the only different thing I noticed was the horrible puns. Am I missing something, if anyone has ridden this yet and noticed something I didn't, please say it. Because right now, it seems like a missed opportunity.

( And if I put this in the wrong section, I couldn't find a better place to put this, since this is in some way news.)
Old 12-02-2013, 08:01 AM   #2
disnerdiest
Earning My Ears

You didn't miss anything. I thought the same thing when we rode it last week. Same ride, some new holiday jokes. At least put a Santa hat on a gorilla or something.
disnerdiest is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
Fantaluminishes
To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

The "Jingle Cruise" was not meant to be a re-theming, or a holiday overlay. It is just some minor plussing for the season. I read Disney's original announcement. What it said is what Disney did. Sounds like you expected more. Oh well. Can't blame Disney for this one. People expect every holiday addition to be a Disneyland-like changeover. Not the case. Sounds like people tend to let their imaginations run wild.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantaluminishes View Post
The "Jingle Cruise" was not meant to be a re-theming, or a holiday overlay. It is just some minor plussing for the season. I read Disney's original announcement. What it said is what Disney did. Sounds like you expected more. Oh well. Can't blame Disney for this one. People expect every holiday addition to be a Disneyland-like changeover. Not the case. Sounds like people tend to let their imaginations run wild.
I agree. We did this a few years ago (only time we were there for the holidays) and enjoyed the holiday themed jokes and was pretty much what was expected and announced. The whole character of the attraction is the silliness.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #5
LunarDistortion
Earning My Ears

Quote:
That doesn't mean they didn't miss an opportunity, this could have been a slightly large re-theming, nothing more than a few decorations. A new breath of air for a very old attraction.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #6
ilovethisplace
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Can't blame Disney for missing the mark? Who exactly should we blame?
ilovethisplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethisplace View Post
Can't blame Disney for missing the mark? Who exactly should we blame?
Yourself for getting your expectations to high I haven't ridden the ride but I've seen multiple videos of ride throughs and I think its just a perfect touch that should be added to more attractions. I think disney was just putting it out there to see what the response would be and most people like it and do want more and I think we will see more in the future.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #8
midaroco
Earning My Ears

I thought it was pretty lame - I mean - Disneyland gets the Haunted Mansion and It's a Small World holiday overlays and we get a few lights strung up in the queue and some puns and it's touted as a holiday re- theme?! I don't think the public is to blame for setting the expectation too high. Disney has set the expectation high based on passed precedence and now I feel they are simply trying to see what "little" they can get away with while making a big deal out of it. Let's be honest - most of the limited time magic promotion has been lame - take for example the holiday ears they recently announced. ?? They were available last year, and you can purchase them on the website. I just think their marketing think tank is seriously lacking as of late.
midaroco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #9
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by midaroco View Post
I thought it was pretty lame - I mean - Disneyland gets the Haunted Mansion and It's a Small World holiday overlays and we get a few lights strung up in the queue and some puns and it's touted as a holiday re- theme?! I don't think the public is to blame for setting the expectation too high. Disney has set the expectation high based on passed precedence and now I feel they are simply trying to see what "little" they can get away with while making a big deal out of it. Let's be honest - most of the limited time magic promotion has been lame - take for example the holiday ears they recently announced. ?? They were available last year, and you can purchase them on the website. I just think their marketing think tank is seriously lacking as of late.
Um it was not a full holiday retheme Disneyland also got the exact same thing on their jungle cruise. This was a test I would expect more next year. Haunted mansion and small world in Disneyland are different setups in Disneyland as well.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:46 AM   #10
midaroco
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
Um it was not a full holiday retheme Disneyland also got the exact same thing on their jungle cruise. This was a test I would expect more next year. Haunted mansion and small world in Disneyland are different setups in Disneyland as well.
Um... I know exactly what it was...and what The Mouse was pushing it as, with the posters, the "limited time magic" poster giveaway to promote the "overlay", as well as how lame it was. Funny you are saying to expect more of the attraction next year, yet you are condemning us for expecting too much?!
Old 12-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #11
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Um... I know exactly what it was...and what The Mouse was pushing it as, with the posters, the "limited time magic" poster giveaway to promote the "overlay", as well as how lame it was. Funny you are saying to expect more of the attraction next year, yet you are condemning us for expecting too much?!
I'm saying that because I think they will do more this was to see how well people liked and most people do like it and want more.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #12
midaroco
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I'm saying that because I think they will do more this was to see how well people liked and most people do like it and want more.
With all due respect, I feel this was to see how little they could do to a ride and call it an overlay with minimal backlash. Disney World regulars have been clamoring for years to get the Haunted Mansion holiday overlay. They are well aware of the desire for it, however their corporate greed keeps them from shutting the ride down for a week to redress it and then another week to remove it. The "additions" to the jungle cruise cost barely anything and allowed them to install it overnight. They will not add anything additional in the future.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #13
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
With all due respect, I feel this was to see how little they could do to a ride and call it an overlay with minimal backlash. Disney World regulars have been clamoring for years to get the Haunted Mansion holiday overlay. They are well aware of the desire for it, however their corporate greed keeps them from shutting the ride down for a week to redress it and then another week to remove it. The "additions" to the jungle cruise cost barely anything and allowed them to install it overnight. They will not add anything additional in the future.
The haunted mansion and Smallworld are special to Disneyland I personally don't see those ever coming to WDW. Disneyland is a locals park they live for those things. WDW is a vacation destination it's a bit different circumstances.

Old 12-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #14
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The haunted mansion and Smallworld are special to Disneyland I personally don't see those ever coming to WDW. Disneyland is a locals park they live for those things. WDW is a vacation destination it's a bit different circumstances.
This - HM closes for several weeks in September and January. Folks don't come to WDW for Holiday overlays. The advantage of doing it in Florida doesn't outweigh losing the ride for 6 weeks each year. In DLR - there are so many regulars, they need more variation in entertainment to keep them coming back.

As far as the Jingle Cruise, I think it was cute and enjoyed the new jokes. We rode it three times and there were new jokes each time. I admit I was expecting more decorations out on the ride itself. (I don't want them dressing up the animals, but what about a wreath on the gorilla hut, or a santa hat on the low man on the totem pole.)

I think the problem is people HERE (on-line Disney community) think that everything that Disney announces should be something spectacular.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #15
Bob Roberts
Mouseketeer

Quote:

No No No No Noooooo. The fact that they advertise this ride like its something special and new is why people are so mad about this.

If corporate Disney had any pride in what they do (which obviously they don't) they would be beyond embarrassed to promote a new and exciting attraction like the Jingle Cruise.

Keep on cutting that pea into slivers (Tiny Tim Style) Disney!!!!!

Bob Roberts (Old School DVC member)
Bob Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: