Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #16
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

I have 3 kids each with a special friend or friend and blankie.
Part of our morning routine on vacation is to line the friends up on the dresser or tv stand.
One of the kids is in charge of counting 'friends' each morning. They all take it very seriously as no one wants to lose their friend. But DH and I are just as panicky about the topic before we even ask about teeth or hair we always ask - where are your friends?! LOL

[url=http://www.wwydwdw.com/]
LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #17
kim929
DIS Veteran

When we went with my youngest ds who had a special blanket, I packed it in my carry on.
This past trip, we bought a Stitch for him, due to an issue with housekeeping and them applying late check out to another room by accident and them at my door telling me they were going to charge me another day I rushed out of the room and left without Stitch, almost 2 weeks later he hasn't been found.

So, I would either leave it at home or make sure I had it attached to the stroller when at the parks
kim929 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #18
Haygar2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER1981
A coworker's son has a stuffed dog that he once lost (not at disney) and they luckily found it! They went and made a dog tag with their cell number on it in case it ever gets lost. Maybe for your trip you can do something similar? just in case...
What a great idea! I would love to,leave Monkey at home, but he will not sleep without it. It's always the last thing packed when we leave home and the first thing put in the suitcase whenever we leave. We double, triple, and quadruple check before leaving. His 14 year old sister helps, also.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:04 PM   #19
disnut8
DIS Veteran

We had a hotel rule that we NEVER disobeyed. And my parents made sure we followed this rule every day. We were sometimes punished depending on the object.

NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING was left on the bed after we were dressed in the morning. It's not the housekeeper's responsibility to clean through the sheets and find things for you. That's your job. Think about things that could get left behind and I'm not talking about a stuffed animal.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #20
disneyfan2kids
DIS Veteran

Our Blankie was lost at WDW.

My DS (5 at the time) left his "blankie" in our room at WDW. Didn't realize until we got all the way home . Called WDW... told them room # and described blankie. They promised they'd do their best.

2 days later a UPS box arrived on our front step with blankie inside... cleaned, folded, and accompanied by a friendly Mickey letter!

Magic!

disneyfan2kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #21
Shenandoah Minnie
Mouseketeer

When my daughter was little her "baby" went everywhere with us. So I looped a pacifier keeper to the baby and clipped it to her or the stroller! We still have "baby" and my baby is 16!

Off Prop '11, CBR '10, POP '08, AKV/BCV '07, VWL '06, BW '06, ASMu '03, FWC '02, ASMo '00, Off Prop. '96 '94 '89, FWC '88, Disneyland '80, 1st World visit 1974...

Shenandoah Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #22
SuperDan523
Mouseketeer

DW in her younger days lost her Baloo the Bear. She and her parents went to the front desk to report the loss and the front desk agent didn't seem to know who Baloo was. Baloo was never found.

DW still brings the elephant she received for her 9th birthday (Elmer turned 21 years old this year, and he's still a good elephant) as he makes a good neck pillow. Number one rule is NEVER leave your friends in a bed that has been slept in. We always left Elmer either on the unused bed (going with a king bed this time, the Pop beds are small) or on the chair. Five out of the seven nights we returned to the room to find Elmer posed somewhere prominent, either watching Stacey or having a stare-down with a towel animal.
SuperDan523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #23
jimmysmom74
DIS Veteran

My friends daughter lost her baby blanket(went everywhere with it) at WDW. It was in the stroller and when a stroller move happened while at fantasyland. It must have fell out. Her daughter was in tears for the whole night. They thought the trip was ruined, and in the morning they got a knock at the door, it was a CM with the blanket. Her mother had made the blanket and stitched her name on it, and they had left name and resort at the MK lost and found. Somehow it got put in someone else 's stroller and they turned it in. Rest of the trip she clipped it on the stroller, just in case. Disney Magic!!!!
jimmysmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #24
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

My d's favorite animal dropped between her bed and the wall during one hotel stay (not at Disney). We discovered it when we were a few hours away. Called the hotel - the housekeeper had found it! We turned around, drove back to the hotel, and picked it up. We missed a day of our vacation, but it was certainly worth it!

D took it with her to college, and it's now in her first apartment. I have a feeling it might end up being her ring bearer (whenever that day comes)!
Old 08-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #25
leeserw
Mouseketeer

My son left his bunny in our resort bed at WDW years ago. My DH almost missed our flight because he stayed behind looking for Bunny. He couldn't find it. The day after we got home we received a package that had been overnighted by our resort. Bunny had a trip in the washer with the bed linens. Mousekeeping found him. I could not believe they overnighted Bunny back to us. We are still so thankful.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #26
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Basically if you lose it, it will be lost. Just be sure you don't lose it.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #27
Jenmia
Earning My Ears

Yep that's what happened to my daughters Elmo at Disney back in 2007. Left it on the bed and must of gotten wrapped up in the sheets. It was never found. We ordered her another one and when it came we pretended like they found it and sent it to us. She could tell it wasn't her original one. And when we go in 20 Days for our sons 5th Bday we will be putting his Simba away everyday. This one can not be replaced. He's actually a stuffed lion cub from pottery barn kids that he calls Simba.
Jenmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #28
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

After one of my favorite animals took a header into our camper's port a potty, we took stuffed animal security very seriously. Also, Monk Monk smelled like Pine Sol for YEARS!!!!!!

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:01 AM   #29
old lady
DIS Veteran

This happened to my son and the staff gave him a Mickey Mouse toy when I told them about what happened.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:43 AM   #30
CoolDisneyCat
DVC member - BCV

DD lost a beloved bear at the Beach Club several years ago. He was a polar bear and just blended in too well with the sheets.

The people at WDW were so nice. They called several ties with questions and updates. He was never found, I'm afraid.

But one day, a CM called asking for my daughter. Did she want to adopted a lost lil polar bear who was left behind? A few days later, the bear arrived with a cute card from Mickey and the gang!

The rule now.... All stuff animals go on the chair!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: