Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 08:36 AM   #61
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE101067 View Post
When I go to a restaurant, especially a higher end one like Cali, one of the things I look for is a chef who will put together a menu that I wouldn't have thought of. As much as I think of myself as a good "home" cook I love having my mind blown by a combination of ingredients that at first seems crazy but I trust the professional knows what he or she is doing as he takes me on a culinary adventure. As for the tomatoes, this is a seasonal menu and it is TOMATO SEASON. Want a steak? Flick on the webber. Ore Ida makes some decent fries too. Save yourself $50 (and the adventure).
Well said!
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #62
SpectroMagic*o*
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimosabe View Post
Either way, it's definitely a first world type of problem, and I'm just happy to be able to enjoy it. If looking at the new menu without benefit of hindsight, it would look pretty awesome. I suspect it will continue to evolve over time, and the restaurant will be great overall.
Lol, love it...so true

SpectroMagic*o* is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #63
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Teriyaki chicken with macaroni & cheese ....$35. Awesome.
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #64
bedogged
Choose parents that aged well

They do not have a "no sugar added" desert?
bedogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #65
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Call me crazy, but I have a feeling this posted menu isn't complete and when people actually get there they will see differences. A few extra items or changes. Just my thought
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #66
PirateFish989
Searching for the right shoe that will lead me to my Prince Charming

We are planning on going in March our very first night there (my first trip to WDW) and I'm really excited! The menu looks really good to me!
PirateFish989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #67
gokenin
DIS Veteran

There is no pleasing you people is there? All those foodies that lamented that Disney dining is not as original as it was in the distant past are now complaining that the CaliGrill has changed it's menu and dropped some of your old favorites that you always get. The menus should change every 6 months at least there should be nothing that is on a menu year after year if there is then that's a stagnant restaurant. I say enjoy the fresh menu go and try the food you may find you like it better than your old favorites from before the remodel. That my 2 cents anyway
Old 08-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #68
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE101067 View Post
When I go to a restaurant, especially a higher end one like Cali, one of the things I look for is a chef who will put together a menu that I wouldn't have thought of. As much as I think of myself as a good "home" cook I love having my mind blown by a combination of ingredients that at first seems crazy but I trust the professional knows what he or she is doing as he takes me on a culinary adventure. As for the tomatoes, this is a seasonal menu and it is TOMATO SEASON. Want a steak? Flick on the webber. Ore Ida makes some decent fries too. Save yourself $50 (and the adventure).
Thank you. This is exactly what I was going to say. At a high end culinary destination, I want to be challenged. I cook duck all the time at home. When I go out to eat, (and spend $$$), I want Duck In All Its Glory. Not duck the way I cook it at home. California, (especially Northern CA) is home to some of the finest cutting edge restaurants in the country. A high end place at WDW should be striving to emulate those kitchens and not serving a plain steak with a baked potato with all the "fixins". Sounds like too many people want an Applebee's with a nice view. There is plenty of middle-of-the road food at WDW. Nice to see them add a foodie destination. The old CG menu had gotten very tired.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #69
SpectroMagic*o*
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokenin View Post
There is no pleasing you people is there? All those foodies that lamented that Disney dining is not as original as it was in the distant past are now complaining that the CaliGrill has changed it's menu and dropped some of your old favorites that you always get. The menus should change every 6 months at least there should be nothing that is on a menu year after year if there is then that's a stagnant restaurant. I say enjoy the fresh menu go and try the food you may find you like it better than your old favorites from before the remodel. That my 2 cents anyway
"you people" isn't the way to address such a huge diverse group of people. "Foodies" aren't allowed to miss old favorites?? I have a problem when fellow Dis'ers come down on each other for expressing ones opinion.

SpectroMagic*o* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #70
SarahInMN
Really my username should be SarahInOR now

Quote:

SarahInMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #71
dis2cruise
Long Island, NY

The short ribs sound yummy....going in December can't wait

[
[IMG]http://i31
dis2cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:20 AM   #72
MickeyWatch
Mouseketeer

The new menu looks great to me. I saw several selections that I can't wait to try. I will miss the warm chocolate cake but the new dessert selections are very tempting. It will be hard to narrow down my selections in all the categories. Can't wait to visit in October. Got my reservation earlier this week.

First Trip: Disneyland July 1965 with my grandparents
16th B-Day at the Contemporary in 1973
Many trips to WDW since then
DCL Mediterranean Cruise July 7, 2007
Margaret's 8th B-Day trip to the Poly, June 2008
Grand Floridian Nov. 2008, March 2009, November 2009
Disney's Inaugural Northern European Capitals Cruise June 12, 2010
MickeyWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #73
kappyfamily
DIS Veteran

I've been pretty surprised by some of the comments....I've eaten at Cali Grill before and everything I ate was amazing! With the amount of time that was put into this remodel and new menu I have no doubt that it will once again be amazing. Live a little, try something new!
Rock N Roll Portland- Done!: Seattle 1/2 - Done!: Rock N Roll Arizona - Done!: Heartbreaker 1/2 Portland - Done!: Lincoln City 1/2 - Done! Eugene 1/2 - Done! Vancouver USA 1/2- Done! Foot Traffic Flat 1/2 Oregon - Done! Oregon Wine Country 1/2 - Done! The Oregon 1/2 - Done! Portland 1/2 Marathon - Done! Rock N Roll Vegas - Done! Portland Holiday Half - Done!

Going for finishing 45 half marathons by 45!

--Dig Deep

Me , DH , DS19 , DD12
kappyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #74
DonnaDuck
DIS Veteran

Anniversary meal December 12th! Can't wait to try the new menu!

DonnaDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #75
ammag
DIS Veteran

Anniversary meal on nov 10! So excited, am considering doing several apps instead of an entree, but we will see. Kind of disappointed in the desserts was hoping for more I enlivened, but I guess I am spoiled in NYC food wise. It's all good, I have never been. I am canceling my artists point..I know the food there is supposed to be amazing too but this is more of an experience I think?
ammag is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: