Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2014, 09:15 AM   #781
cruisingteacher
Mouseketeer

oh wow! I am sorry that you had that kind of treatment from the CMs!

It is extra disappointing when you receive negative treatment from a company you are used to receiving excellent service/treatment from!

Glad you all didn't let it ruin your holiday though, I know people who would!!

Love the underwater pics!!!

Also have 9 cruises under my belt (Carnival, Princess, MSC and Royal Caribbean )

A Canadian who has lived in China and currently lives in Cairo, Egypt.

The Wanderings and Ramblings of my March Solo Trip

Get That Magic Flowing PTR
cruisingteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:00 PM   #782
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

You know, what more can you say about about the rose photos other than... Papadon was clearly a flamenco dancer in another life. Ole.

My God Dani, just one ordeal after another. Glad you finally got the upgrade despite it taking so long to get squared away. Honestly, if this had been an average family on their first Disney vacation, I'd be willing to bet they'd not come back. Just not the way to treat a guest at all.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2014, 12:46 PM   #783
NancyLuvsMickey
Mouseketeer

WOW!!! In total shock about them treating DVC owners as 2nd class citizens... I always thought of DVC being at the top of the food chain and the paying people at the bottom... Thank goodness you had a great CM that told the front desk what to do and how to treat you... She needs a raise and promotion into management!!!
NancyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:48 PM   #784
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Bummer that the room smelled so strongly of smoke! I'm glad that Disney will fine the people who did it; it's just so wrong! The hesitation to upgrade you is ridiculous though! I mean, Disney does all they can to pull people into DVC; in reality, you'd think DVC members would be treated better! My parents who own a timeshare in Kissimmee get better treatment because they are owners rather than guests. That's how it always should be!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #785
CarolynK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
In all this time, the "person" that the front desk said they would send up? Never arrived.
Ohhh, not good!! At this point in your story, MY blood pressure was rising!! Been there....

Quote:
Basically, over the phone, they couldn't get anything figured out and told us that we had to come up front. The Bell Services CM (who was AMAZING, and I didn't take her name down!), said that she was going to get this figured out and took us up front with her.
SO cool that you had her there to help!

Quote:
You want to know what they told us?

"Because you're DVC we can't do that. We have to put you in the exact same room."
Oh, NO! Even if they think it, they shouldn't say it out loud Seriously??

Quote:
...I was curious about Mousekeeping not noticing too. It just surprised me that no one smelled it? It was strange.
I'm pretty sure they smelled it too. Nearly every time we stay, we have to call engineering or housekeeping about issues.

Quote:
We made sure to get good use out of that pool.
I love your pool pictures!! It sounds like it helped your mood improve

Hopefully smooth sailing from now on.

Upcoming: 12/21/14-12/28/14 WDW**12/28/14-1/02/15 Key West**2/27/15-3/3/15 WDW
CarolynK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:12 PM   #786
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

OMG the treatment you got was shocking, good on that CM for making sure you were all OK!!!

As always I love your underwater photos, you can see you all had so much fun! You've probably said before but what camera do you have as I'm going to buy DH one for his Birthday
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:19 PM   #787
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.

Popadon's killing me with the rose in his mouth

That's absolutely ridiculous how they dealt with the room situation. I'm glad the Bell Services CM had your back, but the front desk CMs were totally disrespectful.

The room looks beautiful, though! I love the Lion King sunrise in the shower.

Pool movies look sooooo fun. I love all your water pictures. It's so obvious how much fun you are having!
courtneybelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:44 PM   #788
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Wow that day sucked!

I'm sorry you guys had to go through that.

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
PopArtGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:54 PM   #789
katt789
DIS Veteran

Oh my god that debacle over at AKL sounds just absolutely horrible. I'm so sorry it was so insane and SO glad that that bell services cm was so great, man, without her, ugh. I don't get it…

Boma looks delish as per usual! Love that place!! Went with Susie last month, so much yum!!

Glad the pool was at least fun and awesome! I read about it when i was over at akl last month and really wished I had gone to at least see it, it sounded totally awesome!!!

Awe man, little jedi's coming up?!?! EEeeeekk. There's some darth maul & vaders training up for that TONIGHT! (got some sneak peaks of that last night lol!)

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:48 PM   #790
ElenaJane
DIS Veteran

I found myself getting all worked up just reading about the Kidani debacle! I am not a DVC member but looked into the cost, and holy moly! They should be throwing rose petals at your feet while you walk around the parks!! I am glad your mom got a phone call back after she emailed at least. Whew. Deep breath.
ElenaJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:57 PM   #791
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
So did they not want to move you out of the room or were they just insistent that you move to a standard room? Either way - why the heck would someone smoke in that room and why would they not want to move you immediately? I'm glad you got it worked out but it took a lot of time and frustration.

I prefer Jambo too, after staying at both of them. Jambo is a bit more intimate, although I do like that Kidani has 3 bathrooms.

I'm glad you were able to blow off some steam in the pool that evening.
They were insistent that we had to move to the same level of room that we had booked, which they didn't have available. I found it kind of hard to believe in a resort as big as AKL that they had no standard view 2 bedrooms available, but they said they didn't.

That's exactly the same reason I like Jambo! It just feels....warmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisKH View Post
I would have been FURIOUS!!!!! HOW CAN THEY NOT IMMEDIATELY UPGRADE YOU! the upgrade was necessary and the $100 dollars was definitely nice but I would expect more (maybe i just expect too much of Disney) but seriously, I would have been like I want Boma on the house tonight! Zebra Domes for Life!

Really that's just unacceptable after all that happened but I'm glad it didn't ruin your trip or your opinion of Disney World!
The more I thought about it after the fact, the more irritated I got. Thankfully, we are laid back people, and it doesn't change my opinion of Disney as a whole. But it was still frustrating to say the least. I should have demanded Boma on the house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingteacher View Post
oh wow! I am sorry that you had that kind of treatment from the CMs!

It is extra disappointing when you receive negative treatment from a company you are used to receiving excellent service/treatment from!

Glad you all didn't let it ruin your holiday though, I know people who would!!

Love the underwater pics!!!
It was just frustrating. Like, with the kind of service they provide, they acted like their hands were completely tied, which I KNOW is not the case.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:03 PM   #792
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
You know, what more can you say about about the rose photos other than... Papadon was clearly a flamenco dancer in another life. Ole.

My God Dani, just one ordeal after another. Glad you finally got the upgrade despite it taking so long to get squared away. Honestly, if this had been an average family on their first Disney vacation, I'd be willing to bet they'd not come back. Just not the way to treat a guest at all.
Dude, I'm going to have to tell him that! Because the man has absolutely NO dancing ability. Like none.

It really felt like that. And the thing was, we weren't looking for an upgrade! We just wanted a room to stay in that didn't smell like smoke! They made it so much more difficult than it needed to be.

I agree with your assessment. My love of Disney as a whole will always keep me going back. But that for a first time guest may have been the last straw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLuvsMickey View Post
WOW!!! In total shock about them treating DVC owners as 2nd class citizens... I always thought of DVC being at the top of the food chain and the paying people at the bottom... Thank goodness you had a great CM that told the front desk what to do and how to treat you... She needs a raise and promotion into management!!!
It was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen in my life. Like "really? You don't have an understanding of the investment that has been made?!"

She really was amazing and my Mom made sure to give her a ton of praise when we talked to the CM that called us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Bummer that the room smelled so strongly of smoke! I'm glad that Disney will fine the people who did it; it's just so wrong! The hesitation to upgrade you is ridiculous though! I mean, Disney does all they can to pull people into DVC; in reality, you'd think DVC members would be treated better! My parents who own a timeshare in Kissimmee get better treatment because they are owners rather than guests. That's how it always should be!
It is wrong! People are just unbelievably rude! You shouldn't do that in a place that you don't own! It's ridiculous.

You hit the nail right on the head in regards to DVC. My parents chose to make the investment. They have LOTS of points. And to be treated as if we weren't on the same level as paying guests and that's why it was so hard for them to help us was just ridiculous. You can't tell me it's that difficult to just change the reservation in the system. We don't expect any different treatment than any other guests, so it was so frustrating. Paying guests get upgraded often. As DVC, we actually never get upgraded, and we're down with that. But come on! Smoking in the room? Just no.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 02-05-2014, 09:07 PM   #793
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
Ohhh, not good!! At this point in your story, MY blood pressure was rising!! Been there....
As a whole, our trips are normally so smooth and nice, so this was an anomaly for us. But it did put a slight damper on things.

Quote:
SO cool that you had her there to help!

Oh, NO! Even if they think it, they shouldn't say it out loud Seriously??
Right?! Like, go ahead and think about how difficult it is, but don't SAY IT!

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they smelled it too. Nearly every time we stay, we have to call engineering or housekeeping about issues.

I love your pool pictures!! It sounds like it helped your mood improve

Hopefully smooth sailing from now on.
We've typically not had any problems, so it was just strange. And frustrating.

The pool was perfect. It helped to wash the frustration away and start fresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
OMG the treatment you got was shocking, good on that CM for making sure you were all OK!!!

As always I love your underwater photos, you can see you all had so much fun! You've probably said before but what camera do you have as I'm going to buy DH one for his Birthday
We always have tons of fun!

It's a Nikon, I believe an AW100. They probably have a new model already, you know how they are with that. But basically, whatever waterproof camera Nikon has I recommend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
Popadon's killing me with the rose in his mouth

That's absolutely ridiculous how they dealt with the room situation. I'm glad the Bell Services CM had your back, but the front desk CMs were totally disrespectful.

The room looks beautiful, though! I love the Lion King sunrise in the shower.

Pool movies look sooooo fun. I love all your water pictures. It's so obvious how much fun you are having!
OMG I know! The man is ridiculous.

The front desk CM's just behaved like "what? I can't do anything." Yes you can. You can get your manager from the back and figure it out.

The rooms are beautiful. I love the AKL as a whole, it's one of my favorite resorts.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 02-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #794
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
Wow that day sucked!

I'm sorry you guys had to go through that.
It kind of did. It was just frustrating too, because I was still wet from Kali River Rapids and I just wanted to change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Oh my god that debacle over at AKL sounds just absolutely horrible. I'm so sorry it was so insane and SO glad that that bell services cm was so great, man, without her, ugh. I don't get it…

Boma looks delish as per usual! Love that place!! Went with Susie last month, so much yum!!

Glad the pool was at least fun and awesome! I read about it when i was over at akl last month and really wished I had gone to at least see it, it sounded totally awesome!!!

Awe man, little jedi's coming up?!?! EEeeeekk. There's some darth maul & vaders training up for that TONIGHT! (got some sneak peaks of that last night lol!)
Debacle is exactly the word for it! I was just confused the whole time.

It's so good isn't it! Ugh.

You need to start having pool time girl! I've become a true pool convert! Back in the day, I was always like "ain't nobody got time for the pool!" Now, I just love the time.

Oh yes. Little Jedi's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJane View Post
I found myself getting all worked up just reading about the Kidani debacle! I am not a DVC member but looked into the cost, and holy moly! They should be throwing rose petals at your feet while you walk around the parks!! I am glad your mom got a phone call back after she emailed at least. Whew. Deep breath.
Hahaha, maybe not quite rose petals, but at least acknowledge to an extent that we made an investment.

Woo sah!

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 02-07-2014, 10:18 AM   #795
DVCWDWMEMBER
DIS Veteran

Saying I was frustrated is for sure an understatement..... But after we got the new room and got settled in I was not going to have this dampen our vacation. What was really fantastic is how DVC right away got in touch with me after I emailed them. It made me feel like we were important members, and that they would make sure that Kidani village cast members were retrained so this would not happen to the next DVC member that encountered a problem. Yes we did invest a lot of money and at the time we were experiencing all of this I was very frustrated but in the end it all worked out.
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL:12/14 SSR: 2/15 AK: 8/15 DLH

DVCWDWMEMBER is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: