Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2014, 08:02 PM   #721
lovelygirl1975
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I just had to stop by to say......... SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!!!!!!! I will hopefully be back with a real update tonight. Carry on.
Dancing with you in spirit girl. Enjoy your trip! (So wishing I was going soon too).

ASMu-2007, CSR-2012, CSR-2013, AKL-1/2014, CSR-10/2014
Offsite: 1991, 1993, 1996, 2005
lovelygirl1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:09 PM   #722
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

YAY Single Digit!!

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
PopArtGal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #723
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

sounds like you had a fun "down" day - though I agree that with a group the price of movies gets out of control!

Good job out of you going for a run. I only run when chased so can not relate

and congrats on single digits until your next trip!

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:33 PM   #724
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Planking children!

What an awesome time at the pool! YAY for relaxed days on vacation!

Plus BBQ and a movie? GREAT day!
I know, planking children! Where else can you see that, right? They love it too! I'm not kidding, we would plank, and both of the boys were like "I want to do that!!!"

It was a really great day. I love that we had the opportunity to have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
You guys are dedicated to exercise on vacation! Good for you!

A resort and pool day sounds perfect. I love that you can have a BBQ at the treehouses.

Great pool pics. I'm all for dunking the children- we do what we have to do for a good TR
Well, I wouldn't say dedicated.

We loved the BBQ feature at the Treehouse Villas. When we booked it, my Mom made it very clear that she wanted to use the grill while we were there. And of course, none of us are going to say no to barbecue!

I will do pretty much anything for the sake of a TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I really, really feel like I commented already. Like I even remember the words I wrote. I don't see a reply from me... Perhaps the app crashed? So I am just going to go ahead and apologize if this is a double. Lol!
Love the Littles' planks. When I plank (almost never) I tend to look more like Joaquin.
Man, I respect you guys going for a run on vacation! I would probably get lost too (although in disney I tend to have the best sense of direction!)
Love all the under water pics, so much fun!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Girl, no worries. I've totally done that before!

This is generally how Jeni and I feel about planking.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:35 PM   #725
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouDisney View Post
Great update! My family does the same thing. When we do long trips we take a day to relax or do whatever. It's nice
It's such a great way to break up the trip, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I know!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybelle View Post
ALMOST TRIP TIME!!! So excited for you! I wish I were going to Disney...it's very cold here and I could use some Floridian warmth.

This relaxation day sounds pretty great, especially with the barbecue. Good for you for exercising

That slide looks so fun!!

UNDERWATER PHOTOBOMB!!

Love the minions so much! They're hilarious.
Ugh, I need the warmth too. It's been like -20 here for a few days. I can't take it anymore.

The underwater photobomb was incredible. I loved it.

The minions are the best!

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 01-08-2014, 08:40 PM   #726
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Congrats on your trip being so close!!!!! Woo Hoo!

How did I miss your last update? Those underwater pictures are hysterical. Glad you had your underwater camera. Sounds like a great day to just kick back and relax.

I can't believe you went running in the blazing heat? Now THATS cray cray!

You - you guys totally set yourself up for minion chat!
Yay! I'm so excited. The next few work days are going to be excruciating!

No worries, I've totally missed updates before! The underwater camera came in so handy. And believe me, it's not done yet.

I know! We have issues.

We did totally set ourselves up for minion chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelygirl1975 View Post
Dancing with you in spirit girl. Enjoy your trip! (So wishing I was going soon too).
Thanks! I can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
YAY Single Digit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
sounds like you had a fun "down" day - though I agree that with a group the price of movies gets out of control!

Good job out of you going for a run. I only run when chased so can not relate

and congrats on single digits until your next trip!
I'm used to paying for myself only, but having to pay for four plus snacks is insane!

Hahaha, running only when chased huh? I used to think I was that way, but I'm surprised I love it so much.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 01-08-2014, 11:01 PM   #727
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Oh man, good for you guys for exercising on the trip! I consider walking in the parks exercise, haha. I've never attempted a plank before. I'm kind of intimidated and don't know if I can do it for very long! Too bad Joaquin's way isn't the right way!

Yay for your upcoming trip! AND MINE TOO! Haha.

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:03 PM   #728
CarolynK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ugh, I need the warmth too. It's been like -20 here for a few days. I can't take it anymore.
How exciting!! At least, no matter what, it's warmer in Disney! And driving, you don't have to worry about trying to pack light! When flying, I refuse to wear a heavy coat JUST for the walk/ride from the parking lot to the airport...consequently, upon our return home last week I froze my buns and feet off at MDW!!
What's your forecast look like?

Upcoming: 12/21/14-12/28/14 WDW**2/27/15-3/3/15 WDW
CarolynK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:47 PM   #729
nolacindy
Dead men tell no tales

Yeah single digits!!!!

The kids planking are too cute, gotta give them credit for trying!

Keeping fingers crossed for good weather while you are here. It looks pretty good, 60's during the days and cooling off at night. The last couple of days have been cold (okay cold for Orlando)! I actually had to wear a jacket .
Old 01-09-2014, 01:58 PM   #730
blklotus
My personal hero? Liz Lemon.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:56 PM   #731
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Oh man, good for you guys for exercising on the trip! I consider walking in the parks exercise, haha. I've never attempted a plank before. I'm kind of intimidated and don't know if I can do it for very long! Too bad Joaquin's way isn't the right way!

Yay for your upcoming trip! AND MINE TOO! Haha.
I normally consider walking in the parks exercise too! I've just reached a point in my fitness journey that I feel that's not cutting it anymore......

I can't believe we are missing each other by a few hours! Ugh, that kills me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
How exciting!! At least, no matter what, it's warmer in Disney! And driving, you don't have to worry about trying to pack light! When flying, I refuse to wear a heavy coat JUST for the walk/ride from the parking lot to the airport...consequently, upon our return home last week I froze my buns and feet off at MDW!!
What's your forecast look like?
That's what I tell myself every time I leave the Chicagoland area....which I am sure you are more than familiar with.

I'm the same way! I hate having to wear a coat when I know I'm going somewhere warmer, but then the smart person in me comes out and goes "you have to get back to your car you know..."

The forecast has been changing a bit. The other day it said mid 70's throughout the week. Now it's mid 60's. I'm sure it will keep going back and forth. I'm prepared for all options though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolacindy View Post
Yeah single digits!!!!

The kids planking are too cute, gotta give them credit for trying!

Keeping fingers crossed for good weather while you are here. It looks pretty good, 60's during the days and cooling off at night. The last couple of days have been cold (okay cold for Orlando)! I actually had to wear a jacket .
At least we have kiddos that want to work out, right?!

If I could live in Florida, I would. And I'd be just like all of the other Floridians, complaining about the fact that it's cold when it's about 40 degrees. I'm down with that. Sadly, I live in Illinois and still get miffed when people complain about cold weather in warm states. We'll attribute that to my bitterness. Hahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklotus View Post
I know! Wait, you're leaving in 3 days?! Did I miss that on FB?! Now I have to check.....

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 01-10-2014, 09:10 AM   #732
nolacindy
Dead men tell no tales

Quote:

If I could live in Florida, I would. And I'd be just like all of the other Floridians, complaining about the fact that it's cold when it's about 40 degrees. I'm down with that. Sadly, I live in Illinois and still get miffed when people complain about cold weather in warm states. We'll attribute that to my bitterness. Hahaha!

Please don't be miffed! I grew up in Indiana so I had a 30 years of dealing with snow, ice and people complaining in warm states about 40 degree weather. Decided it would be a good idea to move to Louisiana, guess what the first year I was there it snowed. So 10 years later I finally convinced my DH that we needed to be in Florida where it is warm in the winter, moved this April to Orlando and wouldnt you know it first winter here and its 35 degrees. I told him the next stop is Jamaica!!!!
Old 01-10-2014, 10:05 AM   #733
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

Yay! So close. I know it was awesome for us to touch down in 80* weather and sunshine after the brutal cold we had this past week. If I don't get to say so before you leave, have a wonderful vacation and enjoy the sunshine!!!

@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR /Oct 2015: TBD
sunnysideup3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #734
blklotus
My personal hero? Liz Lemon.

I'm leaving in 2 days now! WOOHOO! I'm doing a dance of my own over here. I'm sure I'm embarrassing myself but I don't really care.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:52 AM   #735
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

I"m so behind but I want to comment on the updates I've read so far.

Oh my gosh, Ariel's outfit is scandalous!! Holy crap, that's showing a lot of skin. I mean, I get it but sheesh!

I totally get the same way about being late for a dining reservation but rightfully so! One time they actually GAVE OUR RESERVATION AWAY because we were 20 mins late. It wasn't even our fault, we got stuck on Splash Mountain. And the worst part was, it was for Liberty Tree Tavern! Not even someplace spectacular. Supposedly, they only hold it for 15 mins past but it looks like that wasn't the case with your reservation so GOOD!

Yay for alcohol in the MK!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: