Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #16
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

You're cheap. Stop trying to justify it.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #17
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnhaze View Post
You're cheap. Stop trying to justify it.
you are bound and determined to making his personal it is called a forum for a reason ..an exchange of ideas and not personal attacks.
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #18
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Calling you cheap is an observation, not an attack. You're trying to do some internet debate kung fu here to cover up the fact that you're wrong. Tipping works the way it works whether or not cheap tightwads like it. If you want to pretend you got bad service to screw your server out of wages, that's on your karma, not mine.

Have a nice life being cheap. Maybe don't eat at sit down restaurants if you don't like tipping. The dollar menu at McD's might be more your style.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #19
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Calling you cheap is an observation, not an attack. You're trying to do some internet debate kung fu here to cover up the fact that you're wrong. Tipping works the way it works whether or not cheap tightwads like it. If you want to pretend you got bad service to screw your server out of wages, that's on your karma, not mine.

Have a nice life being cheap. Maybe don't eat at sit down restaurants if you don't like tipping. The dollar menu at McD's might be more your style.
omg lady get a grip... you are getting nuts about this topic
Old 08-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #20
APiratesLifeForMe2
DIS Veteran

Wether or not I agree with the tipping system in the US is really irrelevant since it isn't likely to be changed anytime soon. I always tip 20% unless terrible service in which case I typically alert management. In Disney I have always felt the waiters and waitresses do a wonderful job and don't deserve the shaft of a shorted tip. You could always eat CS/QS to avoid tipping.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #21
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkyluvsmickey View Post

omg lady get a grip... you are getting nuts about this topic
You're the one who started the topic knowing full well that your opinion would be inflammatory. Most of the internet calls that "trolling" - I just think you're wrong. And cheap.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #22
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by APiratesLifeForMe2 View Post
Wether or not I agree with the tipping system in the US is really irrelevant since it isn't likely to be changed anytime soon. I always tip 20% unless terrible service in which case I typically alert management. In Disney I have always felt the waiters and waitresses do a wonderful job and don't deserve the shaft of a shorted tip. You could always eat CS/QS to avoid tipping.
I would like to thank you for posting of your opinion in an adult manner even if we disagree.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #23
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Some people agree with you. They're wrong and so are you. If you get truly bad service, complain to a manager.
LOL- how are they wrong??? how is the thread starter wrong????

the only way they are "wrong" is if tipping is not only required but a certain % of the bill is also mandatory as a tip....when Disney gives you the bill to sign, as WDW as well as on DCL, they offer you suggested percentages to leave as a tip...you can take their suggestions or leave a greater tip or a lesser tip...
Old 08-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #24
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You're the one who started the topic knowing full well that your opinion would be inflammatory. Most of the internet calls that "trolling" - I just think you're wrong. And cheap.
i expected people to agree and mostly disagree on this topic but we are all adults i think we can disagree on a topic without insulting each other.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #25
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkyluvsmickey View Post
i expected people to agree and mostly disagree on this topic but we are all adults i think we can disagree on a topic without insulting each other.
I'm sorry if you think being called wrong and cheap is an insult. Maybe if that's your perception you shouldn't be so cheap.

And to the other poster who quoted me - she's wrong because the tipping system has always been based on the cost of the meal whether or not cheap people like it that way.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #26
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
LOL- how are they wrong??? how is the thread starter wrong????

the only way they are "wrong" is if tipping is not only required but a certain % of the bill is also mandatory as a tip....when Disney gives you the bill to sign, as WDW as well as on DCL, they offer you suggested percentages to leave as a tip...you can take their suggestions or leave a greater tip or a lesser tip...
Old 08-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #27
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmcalear View Post
In UK we tip whatever amount we feel the service was worth, there is no fixed cost at all.

A percentage of the bill is a ridiculous way of doing it.

Its just a product of the tipping culture in USA. They just wanna tip everyone for simply doing their job
um- there's no fixed amount of tipping in the US....we tip what we want in this nation as well- the % is just a suggested amount....guess we're not the only one's who are ridiculous....
Old 08-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #28
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post

um- there's no fixed amount of tipping in the US....we tip what we want to as well in this nation- the % is just a suggested amount....guess we're not the only one's who are ridiculous....
Someone else who's cheap and likes screwing over hard working people, I see.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #29
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm sorry if you think being called wrong and cheap is an insult. Maybe if that's your perception you shouldn't be so cheap.

And to the other poster who quoted me - she's wrong because the tipping system has always been based on the cost of the meal whether or not cheap people like it that way.
You calling me wrong is not an insult but calling me cheap is its like me calling u fat i don't know you so how can i make that assumption.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #30
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Seriously, folks, tip or eat fast food. It makes me LOL to read train wrecks like this thread. It's an accepted standard in the US to tip between 15 and 20 percent of the cost of your meal unless the service was legitimately not up to par, in which case you should also complain to management.

It's not hard and adults all over the country do it every day without crying about it online. If you whine about it, you're CHEAP.

And for the record, I'd rather be fat than cheap. At least me being fat doesn't screw other people over. Now, I must depart, as my long bus ride is over and I have things to do that aren't an asinine waste of time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: