Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 06:19 PM   #31
amandahpanda
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyZolt View Post
Hi, all! My DD23 and I are at Art of Animation. I used My Disney Experience online about a month ago to link my room-only ressies to my Disney Salute tickets and was surprised it let me. It knew exactly what kind of tickets I had. Then I asked for Fastpasses for each day we would be here and it seemed to let me do that. Then, I flew to Ireland because that's where my daughter was living. I was going to spend several weeks with her before we both came back to the States. While I was in Ireland, my husband got a letter from Disney telling us how to sign up for the Magic Bands. It said we had to do it by September 7, but I was unable to do that since we were busy touring Ireland, so just figured we wouldn't have them. But then I got an email saying my Magic Bands would be waiting for me when we arrived, and they were!

I checked on my iPhone app and it looked like the bands were activated to use as park tickets. That concerned me a little bit because usually you have to show a military ID in order to activate the Salute tickets. So I went to guest services at Magic Kingdom this morning, and they really did have to activate them. I had to show an ID, and the CM gave me back the plastic cards to use as backup in case the magic bands fail. The Magic Bands Fastpass+ worked like --- well, I have to say it: they worked like magic! I am delighted to experience the Magic Bands and I think they are making things easier. My Armed Forces Salute tickets are the ones for 2013 that expire at the end of September, and I bought them months ago on base near my house.

Anyway, I thought I would post my experience. I am off to head to EPCOT.

-LadyZolt
So did you still have your fastpass+ reservations or did you have to make them again after the activation? This is the one question I haven't been able to get answered lol. Thanks!

Me DH DD2
amandahpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #32
LadyZolt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandahpanda View Post

So did you still have your fastpass+ reservations or did you have to make them again after the activation? This is the one question I haven't been able to get answered lol. Thanks!
Yes, I still had all my Fastpass+ reservations. It works great! Hope this helps. :-)
LadyZolt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #33
amandahpanda
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyZolt View Post
Yes, I still had all my Fastpass+ reservations. It works great! Hope this helps. :-)
That's awesome! Thanks that helps so much!

Me DH DD2
amandahpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:33 PM   #34
LLR5654
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissabryant View Post

If you are active military or retired with proper ID you should be elidgable for the military discount RO with the dining plan. Your TA may not be familiar with it. What I suggest is to see them in person because they have to call and book that rather than online and make sure that they call. Or if they won't do that for you either cancel your reservation from them and book the reservation ypurself with disney. I know that seems extreme but if the travel agent won't book it for you then they are not doing thier job. I'm only saying it like that because I was a TA qnd I didn't care about my own bottom line, I cared about my clients and thier experiance with thier vacation.

I will for warn you though if you have your TA call and change the res for you, be prepared to be flexible. Not all room types are available for the discount. Just like any other discount. Thankfully we only had tp change pur room view to get our discount but I have heard of people having to change resorts because of no availability.

I booked my own vacation and when the military discounts came out I saved my DH and I almost $1000 on our package and tickets.

Good luck and I hope you are able to change your res.
We've done this three times now and have had dinning plans each time. So it's not anything new either. But I always book myself through calling Disney
Old 09-19-2013, 07:50 AM   #35
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Right, you can always add the dining plan, at full price, to any military RO. However, Disney now sees that as a package, and the rules of packages (downpayment and cancellation) now apply, whereas before, with RO, RO downpayment and cancellation rules apply. Biggest change: the cancellation tilme. Much more generous with RO.

We too have done it in the past. My TA always calls for me, and I've had no issues. I buy my tickets from my ITT office, though. The military salute tickests are a nice savings.
Lynne G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #36
bjgonzo
Earning My Ears

We are planning on going in Jan. I called Disney myself to make our reservations to take advantage of the RO discount and was able to add the dining plan. It wasn't a problem at all. Your TA should be able to call and add it for you, I called to ask questions before I booked and they said I could add the dining plan at a later date. It shouldn't mess up you reservation at all since you aren't canceling your room, just adding to it to make it a package. If you have the ressie number from Disney, you may be able to call yourself and add it.
bjgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #37
ChipnDale79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Okay great, I am going to Keesler AFB, MS on October 1st to get ours..... So glad to hear that they can be linked to MDE....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamH5 View Post
You might want to call and make sure they have them. DH bought ours at the Pentagon and they had to order them. Was for the ones ending Sept 2013 so the new ones hadn't even rolled out yet. This was in July. It took about a week for them to come in. I'm so glad I said something and he offered to go get them (I'm overseas right now) my plan was to just show up to a base on the drive down and purchase them in person! Lol We'd have been screwed and praying SOG had some in stock.
cbtengwife, if you could let me know how things work at Keesler (ie you have to order the tickets, or if you can just purchase them from the base) let me know please. My father inlaw will be purchasing our tickets from Keesler as well.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #38
isabelle315
Earning My Ears

Question

Has anyone gotten info on whether linking Military Salute tickets will work with the new paper certificates?? We got the plastic ticket cards last year, and of course they didn't change those out when we activated them. But, this year, I just bought our tickets, and they are paper exchange certificates which will be changed to real tickets when we activate them...

Do we know whether "pre-linking" the paper certificates works for Magic Bands and FP+? Or do we need to wait until they are activated?

I wish this were less complicated...

Julie
isabelle315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #39
ArielRae
1042 mi from WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelle315 View Post
Has anyone gotten info on whether linking Military Salute tickets will work with the new paper certificates?? We got the plastic ticket cards last year, and of course they didn't change those out when we activated them. But, this year, I just bought our tickets, and they are paper exchange certificates which will be changed to real tickets when we activate them...

Do we know whether "pre-linking" the paper certificates works for Magic Bands and FP+? Or do we need to wait until they are activated?

I wish this were less complicated...

Julie
If you talking about the green paper ones that list the activation locations on The front then yes those can be linked, I was able to link mine to MDE. Just waiting for them to open up November reservations and fort wilderness which I both have for my trip in order to order my magicbands and reserve my FP+.
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2006
Pop Century - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009(Pregnant), 2013(Solo), 2104
Fort Wilderness - 2012(Tent Camping), 2013(2X), 2014
Disney's Wonder - 2006
Disney's Dream - 2011
Disney's Fantasy - 2012(Thanksgiving Cruise)

ArielRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #40
cbtengwife
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDale79 View Post
cbtengwife, if you could let me know how things work at Keesler (ie you have to order the tickets, or if you can just purchase them from the base) let me know please. My father inlaw will be purchasing our tickets from Keesler as well.

Yes, will let you know what I find out when I go next week.....
cbtengwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #41
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamH5 View Post
How were you able to get the dining plan with RO discount?? I was told by my TA that because we weren't purchasing a package and because we were using our discount on the room, that we couldn't purchase the dining plan? That it could only be added to package deals.

Also, just for future FYI for myself, how do we link tickets before we get to the Park?? We just came from there in August and let me tell you, FP+ would have been a GODSEND for the Wishes show, if nothing else. They had an entire area roped off that didn't get used, and it was reserved specifically for FP+ users.
As others have said, it can be done. I am a TA and work with mostly military clients and everytime I call to book a room only the CM askes me if the client wants the dining plan. It can be added at a later date as well. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

I'm so glad to hear this about the Military tickets. I was really concerned about being able to link and pick FP+ before hand and even those of us that are TA's were getting confilcting information. My family is using military tickets in January so now I can rest easy
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #42
ainslieb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandahpanda View Post
Do you think it only worked because you were staying on site? We are staying off site so we don't actually have ANY Disney reservations at this time. Like other have said, we wont' get actual passes until we exchange them the day before...My concern is the inability to use the FastPass+ system.
ainslieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #43
cbtengwife
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDale79 View Post
Went there today to purchase tickets. They had to order tickets and said they would call me when they come in. ITT has moved into Main Exchange mall area close to clothing sales. Really like the new location, much more convenient.
cbtengwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #44
ChipnDale79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengwife View Post
Went there today to purchase tickets. They had to order tickets and said they would call me when they come in. ITT has moved into Main Exchange mall area close to clothing sales. Really like the new location, much more convenient.
Thanks for the info!
Old 10-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #45
Cappscom8
Earning My Ears

I have a reservation, at the Polynesian, in February. I got my paper tickets a couple of days ago and successfully linked them to My Disney Experience. Now, how do I order and customize Magic Bands? I know I won't be able to make e Fast Pass + reservations until December or something like that. But I would like to know that my Magic Bands are ordered.
Cappscom8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: