Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Princess FairyTale Hall Listed as Opening from September 18

Hi everyone!

I was just scanning the WDW site and it lists the Princess Fairytale Hall as being open from September 18. On the 18th, Town Square is also listed as being open the same hours so they might be doing a soft opening at the Princess Hall After the 18th, it's on the daily schedule from this date onwards. Town Square is no longer mentioned. As we know, this is the Disney website so this could mean nothing. It is listed as being open from park open until half an hour prior to closing.

There are two separate listings Meet Cinderella and Princess Friend at Princess Fairytale Hall and Meet Rapunzel and Princess Friend at Princess Fairytale Hall.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
Hi everyone!

I was just scanning the WDW site and it lists the Princess Fairytale Hall as being open from September 18. On the 18th, Town Square is also listed as being open the same hours so they might be doing a soft opening at the Princess Hall After the 18th, it's on the daily schedule from this date onwards. Town Square is no longer mentioned. As we know, this is the Disney website so this could mean nothing. However it is listed as being open from park open until half an hour prior to closing.

There are two separate listings Meet Cinderella and Princess Friend at Princess Fairytale Hall and Meet Rapunzel and Princess Friend at Princess Fairytale Hall.
Interesting find. We'll see if it pans out.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Interesting find. We'll see if it pans out.
Thanks Given how reliable source the Disney World site is, it might be open before Christmas.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Old 08-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #4
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post

Thanks Given how reliable source the Disney World site is, it might be open before Christmas.
I might ask about it next weekend, but I'll probably get the standard pat answer.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #5
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I might ask about it next weekend, but I'll probably get the standard pat answer.
Good idea. You never know....

Old 08-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #6
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Looks like they have taken what used to be a one FP item (meeting the princesses) and turned it into a 2 FP item.

I bet they have their best minds trying to concoct a way to make the 7DMT require 2 FPs. Just do it already. Roll out the "signature FP" concept.

You could conceivably burn 2 FP's in search of Aurora or Snow White and not see them.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #7
Mom2Stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Looks like they have taken what used to be a one FP item (meeting the princesses) and turned it into a 2 FP item.

I bet they have their best minds trying to concoct a way to make the 7DMT require 2 FPs. Just do it already. Roll out the "signature FP" concept.

You could conceivably burn 2 FP's in search of Aurora or Snow White and not see them.

SHHH!!! No need to go and put ideas into their heads!

Wonder how much it will cost to upgrade to the deluxe FP+ plan
Old 08-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #8
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post

Exactly. We always skip Rapunzel and Snow White isn't a huge draw for us either (we meet her once a trip and then at Princess meals) But we would line up for Cinderella and Aurora. If Aurora is with Rapunzel, we would need to line up twice but if it's Princess Roulette and we get Rapunzel and Snow White, it would be wasted time for us. Hopefully they will tell you upon getting in line (although we know from past experience that can change while you're in line)

Old 08-31-2013, 02:16 PM   #9
ilovedisneyoyesido
Earning My Ears

Sept 18 is my first day at MK. Will the crowds be higher due to this opening?
ilovedisneyoyesido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:47 PM   #10
katt789
DIS Veteran

I've been kinda hesitant about the hall since hearing about it, but since I've been hearing that Tiana and Jasmine will stay out with their princes where they are currently, I'm okay with it.

Here's hoping that it will be open on the 18th! That's our last day in the parks, would love to get to see the TST meet and greet and the new one!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:09 PM   #11
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

I will only be spending a FP (in whatever form) on Rapunzel. The other three are available at character meals, so that's fine with me.

Slightly off topic....
I love the "Hercules" movie. I teach Latin and we talk about Hercules, translate some of the stories and then talk about some of the differences between the two stories. However, I don't understand what training a Megara is going to accomplish. You can't meet her, except on these training things, they don't have Hercules out ever, nor do they have any of the other characters out. We saw Hades, Pain and Panic on our cruise, but that's it. It's just so frustrating to see her out, and it seems pointless to train someone whose only roll at WDW seems to be standing on a boat at the end of Fantasmic in order to wave at the crowd.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:26 PM   #12
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
I've been kinda hesitant about the hall since hearing about it, but since I've been hearing that Tiana and Jasmine will stay out with their princes where they are currently, I'm okay with it.

Here's hoping that it will be open on the 18th! That's our last day in the parks, would love to get to see the TST meet and greet and the new one!!
For anyone reading this, I've seen Tiana far more without Naveen than with him in her current location.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:32 PM   #13
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
For anyone reading this, I've seen Tiana far more without Naveen than with him in her current location.
If I remember correctly, Naveen doesn't appear with her now until after the 3 PM parade.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:57 PM   #14
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Hm I wonder if it will be true! We'll be there from the 10-21st so I guess we'll find out. That would explain why the princesses at TST are available for FP+ for the earlier days of our trip and not the later ones!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:00 PM   #15
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

So you'll need two FP+ to meet all princesses? Yeah, definitely not happening, I might do stand-by to see the place but spending FP+ to meet some characters is not my idea of great FP+ planning.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: