Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
emmababy
DIS Veteran

MK halloween questions- without doing MNSSHP

Ok, we shelled out to do PAP last year- so spending an extra $250 for 4 hours isn't really something we want to do....

So, my questions are:
1) Will the daytime parade have any of the characters dressed up in Halloween? When were there for Christmas- they had a whole daytime Christmas parade (which if I would have paid for MVMCP- I would have been mad)
2) Will the castle on non party nights be lit up in Halloween colors?
3) Do any of the other parks get dolled up for Halloween?
4) Are there any other fun things to do at the resorts in Oct if you aren't there on actual Halloween? Friends were there last year and they said characters showed up at their resort and did a Trick or Treat there, but I think that was on Oct 31....
SSR- August 2011

DVC HHI- June 2012
emmababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
wdwfan22
Totally Obsessed Disney Nut!

Halloween is different from Christmas time in that they only do Halloween stuff during the party. So beside the general park decorations, you will not see any special Halloween stuff.

Disneyland - 1968 - 1982 - too many times to count; June 1984; June 1986; summer 1991; summer 1993; July 6 - 11 2003; November 11 - 20 2010; April 29 - May 3 2011; Feb 3 - 8 2012
Disney World - February 1983; August 1988; April 29 - May 9 1999; Nov 30 - Dec 10 2001; Jan 3 -12 2007; Dec 9 - 21 2008; Dec 2 - 8 2009; Sep 30 - Oct 9 2012: Jan 2 - 12 2014
Disneyland - Jan 3 - 13 2015 Yea!!
wdwfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

Party is 7 pm - 12 am (5 hours). Early entry permitted at 4 pm but since you have AP that is a non-issue. But having AP, you can get advance purchase discounted tickets.

1) No. Daytime parade is same as always, there will be no Halloween characters.
2) No. Castle will be the same as any other non-party day. Lights change after 7 pm on party nights.
3) The MK has fall decorations out during the day, and I'm there every year and I don't recall any type of Halloween decor anywhere else. You can purchase Halloween items in resorts and stores like tshirts, candy bins, hats etc.
4) I go in Sept so don't know about Oct activities at the resorts.

The only thing you would notice pre-party start time is a few counter service will close early due to being candy stations. You will see cast members start to work in their party outfits - mostly those directing non-ticketed folks out of the park, you might see some candy stations being put in place but not open.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 7x ~ PO Riverside (Dixie Landings) 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek (w/car)
POP Century 14x ~ Hilton DTD 2x
All Star Movie ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 2x ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #4
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmababy View Post
Ok, we shelled out to do PAP last year- so spending an extra $250 for 4 hours isn't really something we want to do....
Actually, you're paying $250 for five hours (7pm-midnight), which isn't a horrible deal since you're getting experiences and entertainment that dayguests don't get. Plus pretty much all the candy you might want to collect. But value is obviously in the eye of the beholder. For my sister's Halloween crazy kids, they'd pay twice that. For other families ... not worth it.

Quote:
So, my questions are:
1) Will the daytime parade have any of the characters dressed up in Halloween? When were there for Christmas- they had a whole daytime Christmas parade (which if I would have paid for MVMCP- I would have been mad)
The daytime parade will have no Halloween characters. It will be the normal daytime parade.

FYI ... no reason to be mad about MVMCP ... the Christmas parade runs exclusively during the Christmas Party until the day after the last party. At that point, it becomes the daily parade. If you want to visit during early December, when crowds are lower, and still see the Christmas parade, that's your motivation to go to the party. Until the day after the last party, no one but party guests can see that parade. It could be an issue if you purchase a ticket to the very last MVMCP, thinking it's the only way to see the Christmas Parade and then > poof! < it's there the next day in the park, but Disney is pretty clear about this in their schedules. If people do even a small amount of research, they know when the daily parade becomes the Christmas parade.

Quote:
2) Will the castle on non party nights be lit up in Halloween colors?
No. That is exclusive to the party. If you're riding the monorail or looking at the castle from the Poly beach or the Contemporary, you can see the "Halloween Castle" on party nights.

Quote:
3) Do any of the other parks get dolled up for Halloween?
Nope. Even MK doesn't really decorate for Halloween except during the party. Their decorations are mostly for autumn in general, not Halloween specifically. If you want to see Halloween decor, you'll only see it during the party.

Quote:
4) Are there any other fun things to do at the resorts in Oct if you aren't there on actual Halloween? Friends were there last year and they said characters showed up at their resort and did a Trick or Treat there, but I think that was on Oct 31....
The resorts will have some general autumn decor, but will not have any special Halloween activities except on Halloween night. Most will have character visits (with characters in their Halloween costumes), trick or treating, and special games / movies. DTD will also do trick or treating, and there will be a special movie at Ft Wilderness. The Boardwalk will also have special entertainment, games, trick or treating, and other stuff. But again, that's only on Halloween night.

As an FYI ... SeaWorld does their "Halloween Spooktacular" event (geared towards little kids) as part of their regular operating day. So if you have plans to visit SeaWorld during October as well, you may want to look into that. They have extra entertainment, a few trick or treat trails, and other activities.

WDSearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
purple figment
DIS Veteran

1. No. At Christmas the MVMCP parade becomes the daytime parade after the last party. They don't do this for MNSSHP. The Boo to You parade is only at the party and the regular daytime parade doesn't change.
2. No Halloween lights on the castle.
3. No fall or Halloween decorations at the other parks. There will be Halloween displays of merchandise in the stores and closer to Halloween there will be a display of pumpkins outside the Garden Grill in The Land Pavillion. Many of the campsites at FW are decorated.
4. Just before Halloween CMs at the resorts carve jack o lanterns and they'll be on display in the lobby (and the previously mentioned Garden Grill). It's a contest and you can vote on your favorite. On Halloween evening some of the resorts have trick or treating and some activities for the kids.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: