Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What does your usual WDW breakfast look like on the DDP?
Share QS 6 11.76%
Bring my own 19 37.25%
Pay OOP 13 25.49%
Use Snack credit 8 15.69%
other 14 27.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
gipcrew4
Earning My Ears

Question DDP and breakfast. What do you do?

We are headed to WDW Sept 14!!! Can't wait. This is our first time, and we got suckered in with "free" DDP. It's me, DH, and 2 boys going (ages 6 & 5). We are staying at the POR.

What do you do for breakfast? Pay OOP, share, or bring your breakfast food to eat in the room?

I enjoy a good breakfast (I'm accustomed to at least 2 eggs with veggies each morning [paleo], DH usually eats cereal, and the kids will eat cereal, pop tarts, eggs, etc.

I know I can't count on a refrigerator in the room so that kind of cancels cereal plans.

We've never been so I don't know what to expect as far as portion sizes and the ability to share.

TIA for your input!
Old 08-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
Frankiemack
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gipcrew4 View Post
We are headed to WDW Sept 14!!! Can't wait. This is our first time, and we got suckered in with "free" DDP. It's me, DH, and 2 boys going (ages 6 & 5). We are staying at the POR.

What do you do for breakfast? Pay OOP, share, or bring your breakfast food to eat in the room?

I enjoy a good breakfast (I'm accustomed to at least 2 eggs with veggies each morning [paleo], DH usually eats cereal, and the kids will eat cereal, pop tarts, eggs, etc.

I know I can't count on a refrigerator in the room so that kind of cancels cereal plans.

We've never been so I don't know what to expect as far as portion sizes and the ability to share.

TIA for your input!
We aren't big breakfast eaters but its the cheapest meal of the day.

We'll either use a snack credit for something small or will pay out of pocket to save the CS/TS credits for bigger meals. With that being said, one day during our trip we do a Character Breakfast Buffet that we use TS credits for.
Frankiemack is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

We go with a character buffet for breakfast, usually before the park opens. We love a hot breakfast, particularly when I don't have to cook it! Seeing characters in the morning is a fun way to start the day!
Old 08-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #4
kaybird
DIS Veteran

You should have had an "all of the above" tag. That's what we love about the DDP is it's flexibility. We do at least one character breakfast, Wolfgang puck express, and share the Tonga toast at Capn Cooks at least once each trip. Many times people have so many credits left over because they are afraid to use them. Use your credits, then pay oop at the end if you need. Lots of times we take the prepackaged desserts back to the room, and use them as a breakfast pastry.

kaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
We go with a character buffet for breakfast, usually before the park opens. We love a hot breakfast, particularly when I don't have to cook it! Seeing characters in the morning is a fun way to start the day!
Old 08-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #6
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
I agree with this.

My personal recomendation is Tusker House at Animal Kingdom. Real diverse breakfast items. Picture with Donald in Safari gear. There is a lot of other character interaction during breakfast. And it is right next to the safari. Just ride along, looking at the animals and landscape, let the food settle, before getting on Everest.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #7
gipcrew4
Earning My Ears

We are doing one character breakfast - ohana's.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #8
melissafox18
DIS Veteran

It depends on the day/meal. If we are doing a TS breakfast, it's OOP (We've done Kona and CP). If it were a character breakfast (IE: Ohana or 1900 Fare) I'd consider using a TS credit.

On days we want to get to RD, we'll grab a granola bar we brought from home and some coffee with our mugs and head on the bus. Then we'll get a snack (usually a cupcake!) after we get our FP and ride our morning must do's.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #9
gipcrew4
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissafox18 View Post
It depends on the day/meal. If we are doing a TS breakfast, it's OOP (We've done Kona and CP). If it were a character breakfast (IE: Ohana or 1900 Fare) I'd consider using a TS credit.

On days we want to get to RD, we'll grab a granola bar we brought from home and some coffee with our mugs and head on the bus. Then we'll get a snack (usually a cupcake!) after we get our FP and ride our morning must do's.

Sorry, what's RD?
Old 08-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #10
kaybird
DIS Veteran

RD=Rope Drop

You get lots done in the first couple of hours that the park opens.

kaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #11
pooch
I feel so special now!!

CS meals are huge

at least for us. We always split a cs breakfast and a cs lunch then get our own TS dinner

pooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #12
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

For my family, it really depends, but mostly we pay OOP. Sometimes we use snack credits to get items the night before (cupcakes! pastries!).
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #13
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Izzy and I are not big breakfast eaters. An adult QS and a child's QS plus coffee/juice will be plenty for our family. I do intend to take granola bars with us to the park just in case anyone gets hungry before lunch but since lunch is going to hopefully happen around 11:30 it should be all good.

No trips planned for now but fingers crossed for DCL in 2015.
darnheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #14
CalSea12
Desperately needs a dose of the magic!

My family is doing a mixture this time. We have 3 ts breakfasts planned; Kona, Ohana, and tusker. Each for their own individual reasons. Then we will either share a qs, or each get our own breakfast pastry.

Several Trips as a child to DL and DW, 2008-All Star Movies ,2010-Honeymoon Caribbean Beach, November 2013 ASMu
CalSea12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #15
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

I picked bring our own because that's how we start off our trip. As our trip goes on and I figure how many CS credits we have left we will usually use a few for breakfast once I determine we'll have enough to finish the trip, inc. saving some for food to-go for our plane ride home. However, I will say I am not a fan of the food court breakfasts. They are just so-so. Lour best CS breakfast, taste wise, has been at WPE in DTD. So good. Though any breakfast isn't a good use of a CS credit. Even the breakfast at WPE are from about $9-$11, plus a beverage.

When we use the std. DDP we save 3 TS for our last breakfast. PF1900 and 'Ohana have been our choices then. We don't do a park on our last day and usually leave MCO about 5 p.m. so it's a relaxed way to end the trip.
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breakfast, ddp, por

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: