Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #61
dnoyes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
The way a typical, formulaic show would do it is to kill off second-tier characters (like Gomez) first, and then leave the major character deaths for the very end of the show -- like the last episode. Hank has already cheated death a couple of times (at least). It would be too contrived to let Gomez be the only one to die while Hank once again escapes the Grim Reaper, in my opinion. We may lose Gomez too -- I always expected that he would die -- but Hank has to go. It's time. He has run his course, I feel.

Yes, the call to Marie right before the shootout was also a contrivance, so I don't know what to make of it. I just think that only killing another second tier character is too 'typical.' We need to have a shocking moment along the lines of moments we have seen in so many episodes past, and I think that the loss of a major character will be it.

Also, I think that the fact that Marie was recently looking into poison as a way to kill off Walt was a bit of foreshadowing. She shelved the idea for the moment, but assuming she loses her husband she will be out for blood, literally. That may be why Walt ultimately gets the ricin from the wall later on down the road - to kill her before she kills him.

There will be at least one scene in a church coming up in one of the final episodes (it has been reported in spoiler circles). There is also going to be a scene in which Walt drives the truck/van up to his house (with a barrel in the back), and tells Walt Jr. to go inside and pack some things (Skyler is there too). I assume the church means a funeral. I don't know where that will fit in with Walt and the truck and trying to leave the house ASAP.

It could be that Walt escapes the desert with one barrel of money but someone is still after him -- like Jesse, Hank, Gomez or Todd's family (but not all of them). Maybe Todd got killed in the shootout too, and Walt is on the run from his Uncle?

How will Walt get free from the handcuffs? Someone like Hank or Gomez will have to either be dead so he can retrieve the key, and/or someone who survived the shootout will have to let him go free somehow. If Walt thinks Todd's Uncle is after Skyler and the kids, Walt may be able to convince Jesse or Hank (if Hank survived) to set him free so he can get them out of the house?

Just tossing around ideas...
May be nothing but I live in Boise Id. where Jessie (Aaron Paul) is from. He has rented the Egyptian Theater in downtown Boise for Sunday night to air Breaking Bad for free to anyone that wants to come. The feeling around here is it's his last episode.

This was his tweet ... hope its ok to post.

Aaron Paul ‏@aaronpaul_8 9m
I rented out the Egyptian theater in downtown Boise to live stream the next episode. Who's coming with me? It's free. It's fun.

I removed the Yo ##### tag at the end to make it DIS friendly

anyway, hope its not his last show. In any case I'm going down there to meet him.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:12 PM   #62
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnoyes View Post
May be nothing but I live in Boise Id. where Jessie (Aaron Paul) is from. He has rented the Egyptian Theater in downtown Boise for Sunday night to air Breaking Bad for free to anyone that wants to come. The feeling around here is it's his last episode.

This was his tweet ... hope its ok to post.

Aaron Paul ‏@aaronpaul_8 9m
I rented out the Egyptian theater in downtown Boise to live stream the next episode. Who's coming with me? It's free. It's fun.

I removed the Yo ##### tag at the end to make it DIS friendly

anyway, hope its not his last show. In any case I'm going down there to meet him.
I hope it's not his last show either but that sounds really cool! Have fun! I'd totally go to if I were anywhere near Boise!

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013 ~ WONDERful Alaska May 2014
ShelsGoingToDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #63
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I don't know where this thread was on the page, but I had a feeling it needed to be bumped up since tonight is another BrBa episode!

I've been trying to get back here during the week but have been so busy (my Halloween Superthread and Christmas Superthread are both hoppin'!). Tonight I am recording a podcast with the DIS Unplugged (Disneyland) team about Halloween Time at DLR, and then right after it's over I will be glued to my seat for BrBa!

Unlike the previous 2 Sundays, no crucial spoilers or leaked episode reviews have come out about tonight's show, next week's show or the finale in 2 weeks. At least, they are not spoilers that would tell us what the ultimate outcome is going to be -- just minor ones. That means that big stuff is happening if those 3 episodes are being kept so close to the vest. I am so excited for the final 3 shows, and yet I feel so sad about it. It is very bittersweet. Three more shows and it is all over.

We know that someone major has to be dying in tonight's shootout. If it's just one of the Uncle's gang who dies, that will be anticlimactic.

The last time I posted here I was saying that I thought that Todd could be one of the ones to die in the shootout (even though he put on a bullet-proof vest, if I recall). In my mind, because we only have these 3 golden episodes left, that event would accelerate the plot to the point in which Todd's Uncle and company were on a vengeful rampage after Walt...which would then explain Walt pulling up to his own house with a truck and a barrel, telling Walt Jr. and Skyler to go inside and pack some things...which would then lead to them escaping in time to avoid the gang, who would likely go into the house and write 'Heisenberg' on the wall, as well as ransack the place.

The folks on Television Without Pity claim that there is evidence of some sort of scene with Todd and Lydia coming up in either tonight's show or next week's show, so they don't think Todd will be dying yet. However, that scene with Todd and Lydia could be a flashback to some sort of prior meeting between them that we haven't seen yet. It doesn't mean that Todd is necessarily alive after the shootout.

But why would Todd's Uncle's gang go on such a rampage through Walt's house (assuming they do), drawing possible attention from neighbors? Would that all be just to try to get Walt to cook for them? I don't know if that makes sense. That's a big 'show' to put on just to get someone to cook for you. I can't help but think they storm the White house because they are out for blood and vengeance.

A couple of TWoP people also seem to think that it's possible that Walt gets himself out of the handcuffs without anyone else's help, because a still photo from the set shows Walt's hands red and banged up. (That could be from punching someone and also from digging up barrels in the desert.)

Of course, IF Hank is a goner tonight, Marie will probably flip out and do something crazy. Will she try to kill Walt? Will Walt kill her first? Will she show up at the White house at the same moment Todd's Uncle's gang is there and get killed? Somehow, Marie entertaining poison for Walt a couple of weeks ago seems to be telling.

There are, literally, soooo many different ways these last 3 shows could go -- and somehow we have to get from where we are now in the story (in the desert), to Walt's 52nd birthday at Denny's, to the encounter with neighbor "Carol," to whatever happens with the ricin and the large gun -- and there is simply not enough time to flesh certain things out.

Next weekend is also the Emmy Awards. I am hoping Bryan Cranston takes home another award, and that BrBa finally wins Best Drama.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 09-15-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #64
Heluvsme
DIS Veteran

Wow.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #65
Cindy B
Have taken some furniture polish and sprayed it in the air, so it smells like I was cleaning
I have been known to eat cookies for dinner
Grew up on Stove Top Stuffing

My heart has not stopped beating!

INTENSE!
Cindy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #66
Heluvsme
DIS Veteran

SPOILER!!!!

Walt could've saved him. But Todd----- is he wanting Jesse to teach him how to cook?

Last edited by Heluvsme; 09-15-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Heluvsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #67
Heluvsme
DIS Veteran

Aaron Paul is tweeting live.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #68
Heluvsme
DIS Veteran

SPOILER!!!

OH MY GAAAWWWWDDDDD!!!!
This episode is not disappointing.

Why would he take the baby??
Why would Marie think it was a good idea to tell jr right then??

Arrgghhhhh!!!!!

Last edited by Heluvsme; 09-15-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Heluvsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #69
Cindy B
Have taken some furniture polish and sprayed it in the air, so it smells like I was cleaning

OMG!

And the PP, I would put spoiler or white out the text since others haven't seen it yet....
Old 09-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #70
Heluvsme
DIS Veteran

Oh I'm sorry, I thought it was a live discussion. I'll go back and edit
Old 09-15-2013, 09:11 PM   #71
bananasplitkids
Mouseketeer

Omg this episode was sooooooooooo good. I have never liked Skylar!
bananasplitkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #72
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

White text as a precaution (although seriously no one should enter this thread if they're not caught up!):

During the phone call between Walt and Skylar, I was very slow in catching on to the fact that Walt was acting...I kind of reeled when he used the "B" word but didn't realize he was playing a part and relinquishing Skylar of any guilt until I saw the tears in his eyes. I hate this man so much, but I do respect that he did that, and that he left Holly in safe hands.

My heart broke for Jesse when he learned the truth about Jane...for Hank when he saw Gomez...for Walt Jr. when he learned the truth, and for Marie when she learned of Hank.

SUCH a hard episode to watch.
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #73
skatalite
Anybody interested in grabbing a couple of burgers and hittin' the cemetery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC View Post
White text as a precaution (although seriously no one should enter this thread if they're not caught up!):

During the phone call between Walt and Skylar, I was very slow in catching on to the fact that Walt was acting...I kind of reeled when he used the "B" word but didn't realize he was playing a part and relinquishing Skylar of any guilt until I saw the tears in his eyes. I hate this man so much, but I do respect that he did that, and that he left Holly in safe hands.

My heart broke for Jesse when he learned the truth about Jane...for Hank when he saw Gomez...for Walt Jr. when he learned the truth, and for Marie when she learned of Hank.

SUCH a hard episode to watch.
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

I'm glad I'm not the only person who saw the conversation that way.
skatalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #74
Cindy B

Everyone knocked it out of the park- even baby Holly! Just hand Emmys to everyone today!
Old 09-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #75
Cindy B

What an amazing episode. I think my heart rate is finally back to normal 42 minutes after the episode ended.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: