Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #46
IDoDis
Knows the password to get into the Water Buffalo Lodge

I don't think Jesse would ever kill Walt's kids. He is/was really angry when he realized Walt was behind the ricin poisoning and how Walt could do that to a child. Jesse doesn't really know that it was the Lilly of the Valley plant that poisoned Brock and that Walt was never going to kill Brock with Ricin. By Jesse wanting to off Walt's kids to hurt Walt, he'd be doing the exact thing that disgusted him so much that he turned-on Walt. Now, he is all for exposing Walt's history to Junior and that is one if the ways he wants to bring Walt down.

I think the action is going to ramp up in the last 4 episodes.
Disney World ~ Pop Century, May '06
Disney World ~Windsor Hills, May '08
Disney World ~Wilderness Lodge, June '09
Disneyland ~ Offsite, Oct '10
Disney World ~ Boardwalk Inn, June '12
IDoDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #47
joanne312
DIS Veteran

This tidbit on one of the recaps I read really stuck out to me:

* So Marie, we learn in her therapy session, has been online researching untraceable poisons, which, not to be judgmental here, is perhaps not the wisest move for someone whose husband has just been threatened in a frame-up job? I cant imagine that poison, or the Internet search history, or both, will not figure in the last episodes of the series somehow.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #48
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne312 View Post
This tidbit on one of the recaps I read really stuck out to me:

* So Marie, we learn in her therapy session, has been online researching untraceable poisons, which, not to be judgmental here, is perhaps not the wisest move for someone whose husband has just been threatened in a frame-up job? I cant imagine that poison, or the Internet search history, or both, will not figure in the last episodes of the series somehow.
Yeah, not really smart on her part! But she's never been the sharpest knife in the drawer!

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013 ~ WONDERful Alaska May 2014
ShelsGoingToDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #49
Heluvsme
DIS Veteran

No, Jesse will not kill Walt's kids, but I can see him exposing Walt's "empire" to Jr.....THAT would be enough to "get Walt where he really lives." To burst that bubble would bring great satisfaction to Jesse, I imagine.

And agreed..Marie's online curiosity about poison will probably come back to bite her. If there's time!!! Ack!!!! We are sooooo close to the end!
Old 09-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #50
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I haven't had a chance to get back to this thread until now (I have a Disneyland/Holiday Season thread and Disneyland/Halloween Season thread, and both of those threads are picking up now, as people are planning their Christmas and Halloween trips!).

I don't think Jesse would physically hurt Walt's kids if he is thinking rationally -- that's why I thought that his intent to burn down Walt's house was risky as it could endanger the kids if Jesse didn't know who was home. I think that he may have something in mind for Walt Jr., such as telling him everything about his dad, or even for Skyler. He was looking at the picture of Skyler and "Santa," and I felt like his wheels were spinning. Maybe Jesse will somehow get in touch with Skyler and tell her about Brock. Maybe Jesse will blackmail Skyler somehow, with help from Ted. I'm not sure.

I think that Todd & company are going to plan to kill Jesse, per Walt's instructions...but something will go awry, like maybe when they try to take Jesse out, Todd ends up in the line of fire and ends up dead instead or Jesse kills him. That, of course, will send Todd's family on a rampage after Walt, as they will blame him. Or, Walt could change his mind and try to stop Todd & company before killing Jesse and cause Todd to get killed.

One way or another, Todd's uncle and his gang will be going after Walt -- and maybe they will be the ones to write Heisenberg on the wall of the house if they break into it.

Walt is, at some point soon, going to be driving a truck or a van, with a barrel in the back of it, which he will park in front of his house. He is going to tell Walt Jr. to go inside and pack when Jr. and Skyler drive up behind Walt's truck. This leads me to believe that someone is going to be after Walt and he is going to try to get his family out of there ASAP. Perhaps after they leave, whoever it is that writes Heisenberg on the wall shows up at the house.

But...who will it be? Will Lydia suddenly be after Walt to try to force him to cook? Will it be Todd's uncle? Will it be Jesse again? Will it be Hank?

And who is Walt planning to use the ricin on when we fast forward to the "future"? Certainly not Todd's uncle's gang. It has to be Jesse, Lydia, Skyler or Hank/Marie.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #51
joanne312
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post

And who is Walt planning to use the ricin on when we fast forward to the "future"? Certainly not Todd's uncle's gang. It has to be Jesse, Lydia, Skyler or Hank/Marie.
Or himself.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #52
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Well, 4 more episodes to go...and it is looking like tonight's episode is finally going to deliver a big moment.

Remember that one week ago, a website called Slate had "accidentally" posted its review of "Rabid Dog" -- and quickly yanked it down (but not before people had a chance to see it)? The review was totally accurate, by the way, so it wasn't just someone spouting off bogus spoilers.

Early, early this morning, apparently another such goof happened and one of the Today Show correspondents posted the review for tonight's episode online...and it was quickly yanked down. (Not fast enough to prevent people on the IMDB message boards and on Television Without Pity from seeing it, though!)

Keep in mind that the reason why these sites have the episodes to review in the first place is that AMC gives them screeners slightly early so they can write their reviews and have them online by bright and early Monday morning.

So it's not the fact that these websites or various media sources are getting the episodes and watching them that baffles me. What baffles me is that for the second week in a row a site has accidentally let its BrBa episode review go live! How are people being so careless?

*****MY SPOILER-ISH ASSESSMENT, BASED ON THE LEAKED RECAP/REVIEW FROM THIS MORNING*****

In any case, the bottom line is that (and yes, I read the full recap/review of tonight's show by the Today person because Spoiler TV has a screencap of it on its own website!), by the end of tonight's episode we will either be left with a grim cliffhanger that leads to tragedy for sure in next week's show, or the tragedy happens conclusively tonight (I think it will be conclusive -- no real cliffhanger). A cliffhanger that leads nowhere, with everyone healthy and in tip-top shape would be silly at this stage of the game. We only have 3 more episodes after tonight. They need to start stepping things up and going out big. No time to mess around!

Tonight's events will be big.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 09-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #53
Heluvsme
DIS Veteran

Ohhhhhh my curiosity is killing me!!!! I'm so attached to these characters I worry myself sometimes lol!
Old 09-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #54
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

I watched the Pilot episode with my Dh last night. He is just going to start the series. It was so funny and interesting to see how dorky and insecure Walt was and how far both Walt and Jesse have come both good and bad. The way the writers have developed these characters is just phenomenal!

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013 ~ WONDERful Alaska May 2014
Old 09-09-2013, 01:35 AM   #55
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, 4 more episodes to go...and it is looking like tonight's episode is finally going to deliver a big moment.

Remember that one week ago, a website called Slate had "accidentally" posted its review of "Rabid Dog" -- and quickly yanked it down (but not before people had a chance to see it)? The review was totally accurate, by the way, so it wasn't just someone spouting off bogus spoilers.

Early, early this morning, apparently another such goof happened and one of the Today Show correspondents posted the review for tonight's episode online...and it was quickly yanked down. (Not fast enough to prevent people on the IMDB message boards and on Television Without Pity from seeing it, though!)

Keep in mind that the reason why these sites have the episodes to review in the first place is that AMC gives them screeners slightly early so they can write their reviews and have them online by bright and early Monday morning.

So it's not the fact that these websites or various media sources are getting the episodes and watching them that baffles me. What baffles me is that for the second week in a row a site has accidentally let its BrBa episode review go live! How are people being so careless?

*****MY SPOILER-ISH ASSESSMENT, BASED ON THE LEAKED RECAP/REVIEW FROM THIS MORNING*****

In any case, the bottom line is that (and yes, I read the full recap/review of tonight's show by the Today person because Spoiler TV has a screencap of it on its own website!), by the end of tonight's episode we will either be left with a grim cliffhanger that leads to tragedy for sure in next week's show, or the tragedy happens conclusively tonight (I think it will be conclusive -- no real cliffhanger). A cliffhanger that leads nowhere, with everyone healthy and in tip-top shape would be silly at this stage of the game. We only have 3 more episodes after tonight. They need to start stepping things up and going out big. No time to mess around!

Tonight's events will be big.
Well that was fairly spot on.

I yelled at the TV tonight when the credits rolled. Can't believe we have to wait a week! I have watched Season 1-5A all this summer back to back so watching this season week to week is killing me! I guess we know Walt will come out of this since we've seen him in the future. How the heck he can survive being literally in the middle of it all I can't understand though! I have a feeling Hank's a goner since he had such a touching good-bye call with Marie. I'm hoping fate is on Jesse's side. I don't know why but I really want him and Walt to make up! I hate them hating each other so much! Certainly don't want the end between them to be a spit and a push!

Old 09-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #56
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecracker725 View Post
I think Jesse is talking about taking Walt's money, though I haven't an idea how he would manage that.

Well, I called it. Jesse went after the money.

Hank is a dead man. No way he makes it out of that scene alive. Uncle Jack sends shivers down my spine, but I thought I was going to die when he delivered that line about there being some "real savages out there".

I do see Jesse making it though. I don't know how, but I think he will. I hope, anyway.

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #57
GrnMtnMan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelsGoingToDisney View Post
I have a feeling Hank's a goner since he had such a touching good-bye call with Marie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firecracker725 View Post
Hank is a dead man. No way he makes it out of that scene alive.
I totally agree that's what they want us to think, but for that reason, I think there will be a curve-ball. Those last words between husband and wife were just a little too syrupy sweet....not that I think there will be a happy ending for Hank, but these writers are so creative I bet they have another outcome on the way. Then again, they could be heading toward a definitive conclusion for all the major characters since we are so close to the end....so we could have some cliche/out-of-the-norm story elements to wrap things up.
Dolphin 10/04
DL - Grand Californian 3/06
Disneyland Paris 9/07
Swan 9/08, 6/10
BLT 9/09, 12/10 - Father-Daughter Trip, 10/11, 10/12, 10/13, 10/14

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, 3/11, 4/12, 3/13, 4/14, 4/15
GrnMtnMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #58
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

The way a typical, formulaic show would do it is to kill off second-tier characters (like Gomez) first, and then leave the major character deaths for the very end of the show -- like the last episode. Hank has already cheated death a couple of times (at least). It would be too contrived to let Gomez be the only one to die while Hank once again escapes the Grim Reaper, in my opinion. We may lose Gomez too -- I always expected that he would die -- but Hank has to go. It's time. He has run his course, I feel.

Yes, the call to Marie right before the shootout was also a contrivance, so I don't know what to make of it. I just think that only killing another second tier character is too 'typical.' We need to have a shocking moment along the lines of moments we have seen in so many episodes past, and I think that the loss of a major character will be it.

Also, I think that the fact that Marie was recently looking into poison as a way to kill off Walt was a bit of foreshadowing. She shelved the idea for the moment, but assuming she loses her husband she will be out for blood, literally. That may be why Walt ultimately gets the ricin from the wall later on down the road - to kill her before she kills him.

There will be at least one scene in a church coming up in one of the final episodes (it has been reported in spoiler circles). There is also going to be a scene in which Walt drives the truck/van up to his house (with a barrel in the back), and tells Walt Jr. to go inside and pack some things (Skyler is there too). I assume the church means a funeral. I don't know where that will fit in with Walt and the truck and trying to leave the house ASAP.

It could be that Walt escapes the desert with one barrel of money but someone is still after him -- like Jesse, Hank, Gomez or Todd's family (but not all of them). Maybe Todd got killed in the shootout too, and Walt is on the run from his Uncle?

How will Walt get free from the handcuffs? Someone like Hank or Gomez will have to either be dead so he can retrieve the key, and/or someone who survived the shootout will have to let him go free somehow. If Walt thinks Todd's Uncle is after Skyler and the kids, Walt may be able to convince Jesse or Hank (if Hank survived) to set him free so he can get them out of the house?

Just tossing around ideas...

Last edited by Sherry E; 09-09-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #59
GrnMtnMan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Maybe Todd got killed in the shootout too, and Walt is on the run from his Uncle?

How will Walt get free from the handcuffs? Someone like Hank or Gomez will have to either be dead so he can retrieve the key, and/or someone who survived the shootout will have to let him go free somehow. If Walt thinks Todd's Uncle is after Skyler and the kids, Walt may be able to convince Jesse or Hank (if Hank survived) to set him free so he can get them out of the house?

Just tossing around ideas...
We know the 'Uncle' gang needs Walt alive a little longer to do some more training....Walt could get taken in to custody, but get freed from prison, where the Uncle has good connections.

Separate issue: does the Uncle know that's where the money is buried? I don't think so...Walt's stash might be safe...except for Jessie knowing where its hidden.
Dolphin 10/04
DL - Grand Californian 3/06
Disneyland Paris 9/07
Swan 9/08, 6/10
BLT 9/09, 12/10 - Father-Daughter Trip, 10/11, 10/12, 10/13, 10/14

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, 3/11, 4/12, 3/13, 4/14, 4/15
GrnMtnMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #60
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMtnMan View Post
We know the 'Uncle' gang needs Walt alive a little longer to do some more training....Walt could get taken in to custody, but get freed from prison, where the Uncle has good connections.

Separate issue: does the Uncle know that's where the money is buried? I don't think so...Walt's stash might be safe...except for Jessie knowing where its hidden.
I don't think that the Uncle and his creepy gang know for sure that's where the money is...yet.

I think that Walt getting taken into custody would waste too much time, and it wouldn't jibe with Walt having the truck at his house.

Since the snippet of a scene that I recently saw involves Walt in front of his house with a truck and a barrel, my guess is that he gets the handcuffs off somehow at the scene of the shootout in the desert. I'm not sure who will get him out -- it could be Jesse or it could be Hank. Or Walt could work some magic and do it himself (he got free when Mike tied him up by being very clever!). Maybe Saul will come out and help him, but I doubt it because Walt will have to act fairly fast. I'm not sure how Walt could get out of the desert without the gang on his tail, but maybe some of them die and he escapes the surviving ones?

Walt will -- and I am only guessing -- take one of the trucks that the gang drove up in (because, I think, at least a couple of them might go down in the line of fire even though Hank and Gomez were hardly equal to the gang as far as weaponry in that battle!), but not before retrieving one of his barrels of cash. He will frantically drive to his house, where Jr. and Skyler will pull up behind him and Walt will tell Jr. to go in and gather up some things. Walt will be doing this to get them to safety -- most likely from the Uncle's gang.

If Todd gets killed in the shootout, the Uncle will be out for blood and it won't be about getting Walt to train anyone at that point. It will be about pure revenge.

I think the gang will write "Heisenberg" on the wall when they storm his house, looking for him (that's when the door will break down in one of the rooms; someone will open up the oven or dishwasher, etc.). That could possibly be motivated by just wanting to get Walt to train Todd to cook his meth properly, but if they are actually invading a house and destroying it that makes me think they are out for blood and revenge.

I suppose that Hank could go on a rampage and storm Walt's house if Gomez gets killed, or Marie could storm Walt's house if Hank gets killed, but a revenge-seeking gang member Uncle seems more likely to me.

Then again, if Hank survives, he could help Walt "fake his death" like he was trying to help Jesse pretend to be dead! Lol. So many possibilities!

Last edited by Sherry E; 09-09-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: