Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #31
Heluvsme
DIS Veteran

I never put together the eyeless Teddy and Gus losing an eye. Interesting thought though. And the 2 body bags... yeah I've always wondered about that, since it happened it's been one of those "loose details" I want tied up.

Eyeless Teddy.... hmmmmmmmmmm

Very curious!!!!
Old 08-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #32
pixidust1976
So Thankful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post

And I'm fairly positive that if Jesse said "I killed Gale, Your Honor" in a courtroom, the judge wouldn't take kindly to that either. Regardless of whether or not Walt told him to do it, Jesse pulled the trigger. He did it. Regardless of whether Walt poisoned one child or 100 children, Jesse still killed an innocent man. I'm just saying -- the moral compass in Jesse is a little askew at the moment.
See... this is why I LOVE this show. That Gale is an "innocent man" when he was a meth cook.

Jesse's flip out at the realization that Huell was very good at picking pockets seemed like a little bit of a grasp to me. Jesse told the hospital to check Brock for ricin and it got him implicated as possibly being responsible for the poisoning because it was such an uncommon thing to mention, and the only reason Jesse didn't get in trouble was because they determined it wasn't ricin that poisoned Brock. SO... Jesse knows that the ricin didn't poison Brock. How does assuming that Huell could have picked his pocket for the ricin cigarette suddenly connect some dot in his head that Walt poisoned Brock? Even once Saul confessed that Huell had picked the ricin cigarette, all that concretely means is that Walt didn't want Jesse having the ricin and that Walt used Brock's "unfortunate run in with Lilly of the Valley" to his advantage. Jesse is JUST NOW coming to the realization that Walt is manipulative and it infuriates him? Even if Jesse somehow is just jumping to the conclusion that Walt poisoned Brock (which we all KNOW, but Jesse is just assuming) THIS is the straw that makes Jesse snap? And makes him snap to the point that he wants to burn the house down where Walt's children might be?

The taped confession blaming Hank was genius. I have never liked Marie or Hank and to see them there with their shoulders hunched down and the posture of their bodies showing just how screwed they felt... it was an epic TV moment.

I also love how Walt still moves like a Nerd. When he ripped up to the car wash and rushes out of his car because he wants to go in and get his gun he is all limbs and uncoordinated. He doesn't MOVE with the confidence that his brain power affords him to function with as a drug kingpin, he moves like the Nerd he is.

Lifelong Disney fan (from inside the womb) passing the Disney magic on to my young!!!!
pixidust1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #33
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixidust1976 View Post
See... this is why I LOVE this show. That Gale is an "innocent man" when he was a meth cook.

Jesse's flip out at the realization that Huell was very good at picking pockets seemed like a little bit of a grasp to me. Jesse told the hospital to check Brock for ricin and it got him implicated as possibly being responsible for the poisoning because it was such an uncommon thing to mention, and the only reason Jesse didn't get in trouble was because they determined it wasn't ricin that poisoned Brock. SO... Jesse knows that the ricin didn't poison Brock. How does assuming that Huell could have picked his pocket for the ricin cigarette suddenly connect some dot in his head that Walt poisoned Brock? Even once Saul confessed that Huell had picked the ricin cigarette, all that concretely means is that Walt didn't want Jesse having the ricin and that Walt used Brock's "unfortunate run in with Lilly of the Valley" to his advantage. Jesse is JUST NOW coming to the realization that Walt is manipulative and it infuriates him? Even if Jesse somehow is just jumping to the conclusion that Walt poisoned Brock (which we all KNOW, but Jesse is just assuming) THIS is the straw that makes Jesse snap? And makes him snap to the point that he wants to burn the house down where Walt's children might be?

The taped confession blaming Hank was genius. I have never liked Marie or Hank and to see them there with their shoulders hunched down and the posture of their bodies showing just how screwed they felt... it was an epic TV moment.

I also love how Walt still moves like a Nerd. When he ripped up to the car wash and rushes out of his car because he wants to go in and get his gun he is all limbs and uncoordinated. He doesn't MOVE with the confidence that his brain power affords him to function with as a drug kingpin, he moves like the Nerd he is.
pixidust1976 -

Believe me, I hesitated before I typed "innocent" in reference to Gale for exactly the reason you stated -- he was a meth cook. Although, at the moment I typed that, I was trying to speed through and rush off to take care of something else, so I didn't bother taking the time to come up with a better word. But no -- anyone in the meth-making/selling business is not innocent. However, Gale -- in comparison to Walt, Jesse, Mike and Gus Fring -- was innocent. He was more innocent than they were, let's put it that way. Gale seemed like a nerd who was fascinated with the whole cooking process because of the science behind it all, more than he was actually a cold criminal.

I totally agree with you about the "grasp" where Jesse's epiphany and subsequent actions are concerned. I think that we needed more time/episodes for that to develop and there just isn't enough time left in the series, I suppose. And the Jesse that we 'know' is not a guy who would want to harm Walt's entire family, no matter how awful Walt is, so the 'burning the house down' plan seemed out of character. That didn't make sense to me, which is why I thought Jesse was acting foolish, running around like a loose cannon.

I also agree about Jesse just now realizing that Walt is manipulative and evil. That seemed a bit of a stretch too.

It's already a horrible situation on every level, but Jesse is so bent on revenge that he is likely going to make it even worse -- for himself or for someone who is truly innocent (like one of Walt's kids), or for someone like Todd, who has a mean, violent uncle!

I thought it was a very good episode, and one thing that made me laugh out loud -- the Hello Kitty phone!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #34
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

I couldn't help thinking it was later in the afternoon and possible for Walt Jr to maybe be coming home from school or something. Could it be possible that Walt Jr comes in as Jesse is throwing gas around and Jesse comes face to face with him and stops? Will he be the one that tells WJ who Walt really is? Maybe Walt will walk in on the 2 of them and it will all come crashing down? I do want to kind of reach into the TV and slap Jesse and tell him to get a grip! He does seem to be going off the deep end a bit here considering everything that's happened!

I too have heard/read somewhere about Hank/Jesse doing some type of driving around together scene so there is something like that coming ahead.

I watched the bonus Talking Bad today and I enjoyed Saul and all. Not too much new and nothing very revealing. Not sure what Samuel L Jackson really contributed to the show other than just being a fan?

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013
ShelsGoingToDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:50 PM   #35
IDoDis
Knows the password to get into the Water Buffalo Lodge

Since Walt's house was not burned, something or someone stops Jesse from torching it. Or maybe Jesse stops himself. I found it interesting that while the house was completely gutted from the carpeting to the wallpaper to the inside of the stove (like it was searched thoroughly for the money and /or drugs / evidence), the pretty wood outlet cover was still covering the wall socket.

I have not been able to figure out why the outside of the house is such a mess with shingles and whatnot all over the place.

There's an app for all of the filming locations in Albuquerque. It was interesting to see that the longitude and latitude that Walt committed to memory when he buried the money is the exact location of the Albuquerque Studios where much of the inside and outdoor "in the middle of nowhere" scenes were filmed. I don't believe the barrels are filled with money. The money was only placed on the top of the barrels. Huell took off to Mexico with the rest of the cash.
Disney World ~ Pop Century, May '06
Disney World ~Windsor Hills, May '08
Disney World ~Wilderness Lodge, June '09
Disneyland ~ Offsite, Oct '10
Disney World ~ Boardwalk Inn, June '12

Last edited by IDoDis; 08-30-2013 at 11:57 PM.
IDoDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:48 PM   #36
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoDis View Post
Since Walt's house was not burned, something or someone stops Jesse from torching it. Or maybe Jesse stops himself. I found it interesting that while the house was completely gutted from the carpeting to the wallpaper to the inside of the stove (like it was searched thoroughly for the money and /or drugs / evidence), the pretty wood outlet cover was still covering the wall socket.

I have not been able to figure out why the outside of the house is such a mess with shingles and whatnot all over the place.

There's an app for all of the filming locations in Albuquerque. It was interesting to see that the longitude and latitude that Walt committed to memory when he buried the money is the exact location of the Albuquerque Studios where much of the inside and outdoor "in the middle of nowhere" scenes were filmed. I don't believe the barrels are filled with money. The money was only placed on the top of the barrels. Huell took off to Mexico with the rest of the cash.
I think Huell's too big of a chicken to do that!

I'm sure they did the lat./long. thing because crazy fans would be out digging in the desert if they didn't! I read an article last week about how Anna Gunn has had to take out personal security because people hate the Skylar character so badly that there have been so many threats to her life in real life. People are nuts and take the show too seriously!

You're right about the house not being burned. Someone will stop stop Jesse. I think it will be Walt Jr.

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013
Old 08-31-2013, 01:35 PM   #37
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Someone on Television Without Pity was stating the opinion that these final episodes don't seem to be moving quite as fast as he expected them to. I kind of agree. The pacing of this whole season is thrown off for me because of the huge gap between last year's shows and this year's shows.

Given the rather slow-ish pace of the first 8 episodes of last year, and given all of the comments from the cast about how these final 8 episodes would be a "violent sprint to the finish line," "apocalyptic," "brutal," "the most violent season we've had," etc., etc., I am kind of wondering when all of the "action" is going to happen too! Yes, we lost Declan's entire crew, but I kind of feel as if Declan and co. were brought on to the show just to be killed off so that the major characters don't have to be killed off (yet). No one was really invested in Declan living or dying.

In a way, I almost wish the cast members hadn't dropped those ominous hints because it set up certain expectations in my mind about the pacing of these final episodes that I might not have otherwise had.

Anyway, somehow or another, Todd's uncle's gang is going to be a problem for Walt and/or Jesse. This much we know. People have been speculating (it's not a spoiler because no one has any proof of this happening, as far as I know) that someone is going to die in this Sunday's episode, "Rabid Dog." It seems like Todd is the one who is expected to bite the dust (but, again, no one knows for sure).

If those speculations about Todd dying in this upcoming episode turn out to be true, and if Walt and/or Jesse somehow have a hand in that event taking place (either intentionally or inadvertently), Todd's uncle and company will be on a rampage. But Walt couldn't possibly try to use ricin on all of them, so chances are they will be 'out of the picture' before that ricin is retrieved from the wall socket. (He could, however, try to use that enormous gun on them, so who knows?)

I am still thinking back to that extra-long, uncomfortable look at the waitress at the diner, and how Todd's uncle and the other guy suddenly got up to use the bathroom together.

I thought, "What if they already killed the waitress while they were gone from the table?" It would not be unlike BrBa to show us the dead waitress in the intro to an upcoming episode, so we would know exactly how heinous Todd's uncle's gang is and what they are capable of, even when it comes to innocent women.

Lydia could easily arrange to kidnap Walt or Jesse to try to make them cook for her and the Czech people, but if that is going to happen they'd better get on with it! We don't have a lot of time left here!

I think we all agree that someone will stop Jesse or scare him off before he torches the White house. But he will threaten Walt at some point later with "doing something worse" than burning the house down (which I still think is a bit of a stretch for Jesse, but whatever...).

*****MINOR SPOILERS BELOW*****

1. At some point, Walt, Skyler and the baby are going to end up at a hotel. I don't know if it will be now, while the house is being cleaned of all the gasoline, or later; and

2. At some point, Walt is going to have a truck with a barrel in the back of it (like one of the barrels with money, perhaps, or maybe a barrel with a body in it??) parked in front of his house. At that moment -- maybe as he is getting in or out of the truck -- Skyler and, I think, Walt Jr. drive up behind the truck. Walt tells them to go in and pack (or something along those lines). I am not sure if this is post-gasoline attack by Jesse, or if this is in the wake of another threat (like from Todd's uncle and crew).

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Old 09-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #38
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Apparently someone posted an early review of tonight's "Rabid Dog" episode on a website called Slate, and then the review was quickly taken down -- but not fast enough to prevent at least one person on Television Without Pity and one person on Reddit from reading it and repeating the 'highlights' of what happens in the episode!

So I read the main highlights from tonight's show -- and there are two very important ones. I know that we are allowed to post spoilers here (it says so on Page 1!), but I am not going to do that right now.

I will just say that if you want to read what I read, go to the Breaking Bad forum on Television Without Pity, in the Spoilers thread, and read the post about what was caught on Slate today before it was taken down.

I will also say that now I have a clearer idea of how certain things are likely to go down in the next few episodes, and how the action and tension is probably going to be kicked up many notches!

Old 09-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #39
Heluvsme
DIS Veteran

LOVE everyone's theories, and I love to read spoilers...I take them all with a grain of salt and view it all as entertainment anyways.

An hour and a half for me....HAPPY BREAKING BAD EVERYONE!!!!
Old 09-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #40
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

I think that it's sometimes easy to tell which spoilers are credible and which ones are suspicious after a while of reading spoilers. Wildly elaborate spoilers that seem to be extra colorful and detailed (like the ones offered up by Fake Spoiler Guy before these current 8 BrBa episodes began airing) are suspicious if they don't seem to come from anyone particularly credible (with a proven track record) other than some stranger who claims to have seen all 8 episodes.

Then again, even those random strangers who claim to have seen episodes sometimes give fully accurate spoilers -- this just happened with the season finale of "True Blood." There was a random Internet guy who gave explicit details about what would happen in the TB finale and no one believed him...and yet, he was completely correct! I've also seen detailed spoilers online for an episode of "The Walking Dead" in a past season, and that, too, turned out to be correct.

At least one of the two spoilers I mentioned as being "Minor Spoilers" in an above post are valid -- I can vouch for one of them. I've seen a snippet from that scene. So unless that scene is cut out of the show, it was filmed and it will be popping up.

The spoilers that came out on Slate today, and then were relayed/discussed via Reddit and Television Without Pity after quickly being yanked off of the Slate site, were apparently a review of the episode that Slate posted earlier than they normally do - not just someone claiming to have secretly seen an episode. So it sounds like those plot developments are very accurate, but it also appears as though Slate jumped the gun in posting its review -- and it didn't get taken down in enough time to prevent people from seeing it.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:00 AM   #41
joanne312
DIS Veteran

What did everyone think of last night? DH and I had to stay up u til 11:30 to watch the rebroadcast because we had a storm at 8pm and our dish went out.

I'm trying to think of what Jesse meant by "get him where he really lives." The only thing I can think of is that he lives within his family and wants to kill them, but you know Hank won't let that happen! I'm not surprised he called Todd at the end, it's been almost two episodes (besides the opening scene last week) since we've heard of Todd/Lydia. They've spent so much time developing those characters that you know they are going to be a factor in the end.

Planning: Jan 2014 CSR, Oct 2014 BC
2013 POFQ ~ 2011 POR ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2008 DCL E. Caribbean ~ 2006 DCL W. Caribbean
joanne312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:33 AM   #42
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne312 View Post
What did everyone think of last night? DH and I had to stay up u til 11:30 to watch the rebroadcast because we had a storm at 8pm and our dish went out.

I'm trying to think of what Jesse meant by "get him where he really lives." The only thing I can think of is that he lives within his family and wants to kill them, but you know Hank won't let that happen! I'm not surprised he called Todd at the end, it's been almost two episodes (besides the opening scene last week) since we've heard of Todd/Lydia. They've spent so much time developing those characters that you know they are going to be a factor in the end.
I think Jesse is talking about taking Walt's money, though I haven't an idea how he would manage that.

Can we just talk about Skyler and her "deal with it" line? OMG!

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #43
Heluvsme
DIS Veteran

I have so much I want to add but I have zero time right now......I'll be back later!!!

Oh and I think Jesse might mean knocking him down a few notches in front of Jr, he needs to look like a hero to Walt Jr and that would for sure hurt him where he lives.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #44
7165red
DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne312 View Post

I was thinking the same because of the way Jesse looked at the picture of Skyler and Walt in Hanks house. He know everything Walt did was for his family and that's were Walt really lives.
7165red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #45
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

I agree the only real "get him where he really lives" meaning for Jesse I think would be Walt's kids. That is the one true thing that would "kill" Walt. The thing is no matter how mad Jesse is at Walt I don't think he has it in him to kill or harm Walt's (or anyone's) kids. I don't think Jesse could actually pull it off. I think it will end up being an empty threat on his part even if he thought he meant it. I think he was just so hurt in the moment thinking Walt had a hit man with him.

Broke my heart when Walt made that call to Todd at the end. He wanted so badly to stay on the good side when it came to Jesse. I do think he really sees Jesse as a son. Jesse was someone he cared about before he turned bad and to make that call and to order a hit on Jesse I think will be a giving his soul to the devil in full so to speak. Broke my heart.

As for Skyler I can see why she kind of felt the way she did even though I hated her for it! She has no idea the depth of the relationship between Walt and Jesse. To her it is a drug dealer relationship, not the father/son relationship that they have. Hank kind of summed it up nicely when explaining to Jesse that he was different to Walt. He paid for the rehab, he kept bringing him back, sharing his money, protecting him, killing for him, etc. Jesse was special to him, not just another associate. I wish Jesse would have listened to that!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: