Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #16
DoBug
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heluvsme View Post
I'm here too!!! Hopped over from the previous thread!

I'm Eastern Time Zone... now less than 2 hours for me.

OK, the preview for tonight's episode... the one scene really that we've seen, is where Skylar and Walt are at a restaurant, obviously waiting on others, and there are 2 empty chairs there. Marie and Hank? Jesse and someone else? Lydia and Todd (unlikely but hey.... imagine Walt and Sky wanting to amp it up a bit and get in deeper ??).

I think the Ricin, because it's slower and not as hands-on as a brutal gun killing, might be more intended for someone close to him.... Sky (although I'm seeing them drawing closer now, not farther apart), Hank, or Marie. Or with that amount, ALL of them. ??

I'll be back... who here is Eastern time zone? Western? Mountain?

~~Dawn
I'm here eastern time zone
30 min to go and I'm watching last weeks again. Based on how furious hank looked even as he was making Marie give the baby back. I think he's so far gone he ll try to kill Walt and Walt will kill him in self defense

A possible story i like is Lydia and buddies trying to kill Jesse and Walt trying to save him and Jesse dying in walts arms. After that not sure how it would wrap up. A little redemption for Walt. Is that too much to expect?
Oct 2007 POFQ
Oct 2008 POFQ
Sept 2009 POFQ
Oct 2010 POFQ
Dec 2011 Swan
Oct 2012 POFQ
Sept 2014 POFQ
DoBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #17
Heluvsme
DIS Veteran

Oooooh, interesting scenario. My hubby always thought the only real thing that would actually hurt Walt is something happening to Walt Jr. What if Walt Jr got hooked on Heisenberg's pure blue meth??? He hasn't been seen yet, hmmmmmm.......
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #18
DoBug
Mouseketeer

Eastern time zone here 20 min to go i m watching last weeks again. Bases on how furious hank is even as he makes Marie give the baby back i think he ll attack Walt and Walt will kill him in self defense.

A scenario i like is Lydia and friends trying to kill Jesse and Walt trying
to protect him and Jesse dying in walts arms. I'd just like to see a little redemption for Walt. Is that asking too much?
No idea how the other loose ends would go.

Also Todd has such a baby face and a complete psycho. But Lydia has great taste in shoes

Very excited to see tonite
Oct 2007 POFQ
Oct 2008 POFQ
Sept 2009 POFQ
Oct 2010 POFQ
Dec 2011 Swan
Oct 2012 POFQ
Sept 2014 POFQ
Old 08-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #19
DoBug
Mouseketeer

Sorry double posting.
Oct 2007 POFQ
Oct 2008 POFQ
Sept 2009 POFQ
Oct 2010 POFQ
Dec 2011 Swan
Oct 2012 POFQ
Sept 2014 POFQ
Old 08-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #20
Heluvsme
DIS Veteran

OH MY DEAR HOLY GAWWWWWWDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!@

I did NOT see this coming!!! Brilliant on Walt's part. Sheer brilliance.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #21
DoBug
Mouseketeer

I agree a bombshell for lack of a less cliched term
Oct 2007 POFQ
Oct 2008 POFQ
Sept 2009 POFQ
Oct 2010 POFQ
Dec 2011 Swan
Oct 2012 POFQ
Sept 2014 POFQ
Old 08-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #22
Heluvsme
DIS Veteran

What is Jesse doing??????
Old 08-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #23
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I'm on West Coast time and stupid Time Warner cut off my East Coast feed months ago (they said it was "confusing" the customers so they switched everything to West Coast time??), so I have about 90 more minutes to go before I can watch.

What happened? I'm dying to know? What's the bombshell? Someone tell me, please! I could have avoided this thread until the show airs in my time zone but I clearly wanted to come here and find out what happened, so don't worry about spoiling it for me!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:09 PM   #24
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

Sorry I'm late. I had to DVR because of kid bedtimes and DH's work commitments. Just finished watching though...OMG.

Go Jesse, go! I hope like heck he doesn't meet his end here. I'm so happy he sees WW for what he really is. I just pray he survives it. I just about died when he punched Saul. Huel didn't know what hit him!

Hank is completely screwed. No way he can work himself out of this that I can see. Of course, if anyone can get him out of it, it's these writers.

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:11 PM   #25
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I'm on West Coast time and stupid Time Warner cut off my East Coast feed months ago (they said it was "confusing" the customers so they switched everything to West Coast time??), so I have about 90 more minutes to go before I can watch.

What happened? I'm dying to know? What's the bombshell? Someone tell me, please! I could have avoided this thread until the show airs in my time zone but I clearly wanted to come here and find out what happened, so don't worry about spoiling it for me!
The bombshell is a video Walt made "confessing" to having been coerced into the meth business by Hank. He blames it ALL on Hank. Logically, even. The look on Hank's face.... perfection.

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:27 AM   #26
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

Wow the video confession was pure genius on Walt's part. I do wonder how much was Sklyer's idea though? They seemed pretty together with the whole plan and I have to wonder who is the master mind behind it all?

I so wanted Jesse to just get in that van and start a new fresh life and be happy. Leave this nasty life behind. When they were in the desert I was saying "Listen to him Jesse!" as Walt talked! I don't want him to die, and I really, really, really don't want it to be Walt that does it. I still have a very, very small soft spot for Walt and I don't want that to die with Jesse, and it will if Walt kills him.

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013 ~ WONDERful Alaska May 2014
ShelsGoingToDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:37 AM   #27
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecracker725 View Post
The bombshell is a video Walt made "confessing" to having been coerced into the meth business by Hank. He blames it ALL on Hank. Logically, even. The look on Hank's face.... perfection.
Thanks! I didn't see your reply until now, though -- so I'd already seen the episode by the time I got back here.

The confession video part of it was new to me. Jesse trying to set fire to Walt's house is not new to me -- I had heard/read that he was going to threaten Walt with doing "something worse" than trying to "burn down the house" a while back. In fact, I was thinking Jesse could be the one who writes Heisenberg on the wall.

This is going to sound crazy and I'm sure no one will agree with me -- but I actually think Jesse is, for lack of a better word, overreacting. I think he has gone off the deep end. Yes, it is horrible to poison a child, although we can assume that Walt knew that the amount of poison he gave Brock wasn't going to kill him (most likely), and yes, Jesse has every reason to be furious...but the bottom line is that Brock lived and is fine. Jesse is not even with Andrea anymore. Walt is a bad guy and Jesse should get as far away from him as possible.

I just think Jesse has flipped his lid. Because Walt poisoned a child (who ended up surviving), Jesse is now going to try to burn down a house where Walt's wife and 2 kids live? I thought it sounded crazy when I read the spoiler for it a while back, and I still do. He is not thinking clearly. What sense does that make? Jesse killed Gale - yes, Walt ordered him to, but Jesse pulled the trigger and did the deed. Gale didn't deserve to die, but Jesse killed him. Jesse sat there and watched Gus Fring kill Victor in a horribly violent way, right before his eyes, and he knew that Gus was responsible for Andrea's brother's death -- and yet Jesse still wondered IF Gus had to die in the "Face Off" episode. He had softened to him. And yet, he thinks Walt is somehow worse than Gus Fring?

I don't know. Jesse is a loose cannon and he should have taken his money and gone to Alaska to start a new life. Just leave, Jesse. Don't stick around to find out what Mr. White will do to you if you push him too far. He is asking for trouble.

In the previews for next week, Skyler can be heard telling Walt that he has to 'take care of it,' or something like that (I am paraphrasing). I am guessing that she is responding to what Jesse does to her house -- she is probably telling Walt he has to 'take care of' Jesse.

Okay, next -- what was the deal in the diner with Todd and his uncle and the other dude? What was with the prolonged look that the one guy gave the waitress? And was the blood on the uncle's shoe from the Declan massacre? Why was that shown, I wonder?

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 08-26-2013, 06:51 AM   #28
Justmeandnooneelse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post

This is going to sound crazy and I'm sure no one will agree with me -- but I actually think Jesse is, for lack of a better word, overreacting. I think he has gone off the deep end. Yes, it is horrible to poison a child, although we can assume that Walt knew that the amount of poison he gave Brock wasn't going to kill him (most likely), and yes, Jesse has every reason to be furious...but the bottom line is that Brock lived and is fine. Jesse is not even with Andrea anymore. Walt is a bad guy and Jesse should get as far away from him as possible.

I just think Jesse has flipped his lid. Because Walt poisoned a child (who ended up surviving), Jesse is now going to try to burn down a house where Walt's wife and 2 kids live? I thought it sounded crazy when I read the spoiler for it a while back, and I still do. He is not thinking clearly. What sense does that make? Jesse killed Gale - yes, Walt ordered him to, but Jesse pulled the trigger and did the deed. Gale didn't deserve to die, but Jesse killed him. Jesse sat there and watched Gus Fring kill Victor in a horribly violent way, right before his eyes, and he knew that Gus was responsible for Andrea's brother's death -- and yet Jesse still wondered IF Gus had to die in the "Face Off" episode. He had softened to him. And yet, he thinks Walt is somehow worse than Gus Fring?
Yes, I think that's crazy. If someone survives being deliberately poisoned, that doesn't take the poisoner off the hook. And the fact that Jesse isn't with Brock's mom any more, also means that the poisoning was ok? Try using that as a defense. "Your Honor, my client shouldn't have to face these charges. The child's mom isn't even dating the partner of the accused any more."

Anyhow, it was a great episode. Loved the video confession. Poor Marie and Hank.

Last edited by Justmeandnooneelse; 08-26-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Justmeandnooneelse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:06 AM   #29
Heluvsme
DIS Veteran

How....HOW.....will Hank get out of this without Jesse's cooperation? Jesse is Hank's only hope, and right now J is mad enough he *could* help, or he could take matters in his own hand. Well, actually there are potentially a couple characters who could flip, so either major elimination and bloodshed are in store, or Hank is screwed.

And yes, I also heard Skylar in the preview--- "Take care of this"---- interesting.

I believe the scene with Todd and his uncle in the diner was to show the audience that Walt still has competition (amateur though it may be), inside spies in his midst, and to cement our disgust of them--- we were meant to feel scared for the waitress and take note of the casualness that he had while wiping the blood off his shoes. Also, Todd's amateur attempt at cooking meth will serve to feed Walt's ego and need to be the best at it.

Dawn
Old 08-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #30
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

I had to pop over here quickly before I head to my Disneyland/SoCal side of the board and take care of some moderation stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justmeandnooneelse View Post
Yes, I think that's crazy. If someone survives being deliberately poisoned, that doesn't take the poisoner off the hook. And the fact that Jesse isn't with Brock's mom any more, also means that the poisoning was ok? Try using that as a defense. "Your Honor, my client shouldn't have to face these charges. The child's mom isn't even dating the partner of the accused any more."

Anyhow, it was a great episode. Loved the video confession. Poor Marie and Hank.
But you zeroed in on a small part of what I said -- that Jesse is not with Brock's mom anymore and that Brock survived -- when I actually made a few good points. I also never said the poisoning was "ok." I said it was "horrible."

Is it Jesse's place to take care of the poisoner?

Is it Jesse's place to now try to cause harm to Walt's entire family because Walt poisoned Brock and killed Mike (a guy who was also a killer)?

How could Jesse have wondered IF Gus deserved to die (when he knew what Gus did and was capable of, part of which involved ordering the killing of Andrea's brother), but he somehow thinks Walt is worse and therefore he must act upon it immediately (and in broad daylight when anyone can see him storming into the house, no less)?

And I'm fairly positive that if Jesse said "I killed Gale, Your Honor" in a courtroom, the judge wouldn't take kindly to that either. Regardless of whether or not Walt told him to do it, Jesse pulled the trigger. He did it. Regardless of whether Walt poisoned one child or 100 children, Jesse still killed an innocent man. I'm just saying -- the moral compass in Jesse is a little askew at the moment.

Jesse is a loose cannon and he is not thinking. He is behaving like a fool, and I don't want Jesse to end up dead so I am hoping he reels it back in and calms down. But supposedly he is going to threaten Walt with doing something worse than burning down his house, so it sounds like he is going to get himself on the bad side of Heisenberg, one way or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heluvsme View Post
How....HOW.....will Hank get out of this without Jesse's cooperation? Jesse is Hank's only hope, and right now J is mad enough he *could* help, or he could take matters in his own hand. Well, actually there are potentially a couple characters who could flip, so either major elimination and bloodshed are in store, or Hank is screwed.

And yes, I also heard Skylar in the preview--- "Take care of this"---- interesting.

I believe the scene with Todd and his uncle in the diner was to show the audience that Walt still has competition (amateur though it may be), inside spies in his midst, and to cement our disgust of them--- we were meant to feel scared for the waitress and take note of the casualness that he had while wiping the blood off his shoes. Also, Todd's amateur attempt at cooking meth will serve to feed Walt's ego and need to be the best at it.

Dawn
Dawn --

It was mainly the waitress thing I was curious about. I know that Todd's uncle and crew are not out of the picture -- in fact, I am certain they will be going after Walt quite soon (because I think Todd will end up dead or injured, or simply bumped from the business). I saw the extended look at the waitress and wondered why we were supposed to feel scared for her -- are we supposed to think that they are going to assault her (I'm trying not to be graphic here, because certain things are not allowed on the DIS)? Or were we just supposed to get the idea that they assault women in general (which we had not had a hint of prior to that "look"), along with their other nefarious deeds? So far we 'only' knew of the uncle's gang as being murderers and involved in the drug trade.

I just have a feeling that the intentional long look at the waitress is a foreshadowing of something else. Maybe they will end up trying to kidnap Skyler or something.

Jesse and Hank will end up together in a scene again soon -- one spoiler (not one of the ones from Fake Spoiler Guy) revealed that there was a scene shot with the two of them in a car together, possibly driving near the White house but it may have been on another street. I am guessing -- though I don't know for sure -- that Jesse will work with Hank to bring Walt down, though it may not actually go that way by the end of the series. But Jesse should have gone to Alaska. He may not have the chance to go to Alaska now, but he could end up in Belize.

One other thing -- in season 2 (the one with the plane crash), the way the flash forward was shown and what was shown in it was always very interesting to me. The shots were almost dreamlike (in almost all "white," as well). We were led to believe that the flash forwards of the body bags and the pink teddy in the pool were the scenes post-plane crash. And that is entirely likely...

However, I always thought it was suspicious that 2 body bags were shown in one of those scenes. I found it kind of symbolic. I know that the pink teddy fell in the pool and Walt got the eye and all of that. Well, as we know, Gus ended up missing an eye (and half a face) later on in the series. So, to me, it seemed like the eyeless teddy was symbolizing and hinting at what ended up happening to Gus 2 seasons later.

The 2 body bags had symbolism as well, I'd bet. At the time I first saw that episode of season 2, I remember thinking "I wonder if this means that 2 main characters will die?" It could have been foreshadowing in the way the eyeless pink teddy was. We could have 2 dead major characters by series end -- but the question is...who? Walt and who else??

Food for thought!

Last edited by Sherry E; 08-26-2013 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Typo!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: