Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
cdnSpinalTap
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 91

Epcot Resort Area Family of 5

Hello,

We are frequent visitors to WDW, and until this year we were considered a family of 4. Our youngest just turned 3, and we are now considered a family of 5. We had always stayed at the BWV in a 1-bedroom suite. We love the space in the room and the access to Epcot in the evening - a big part of every trip for us is to be able to walk around Epcot and the Boardwalk on most evenings of our vacation.

Now that we are a family of 5, the 1 bedroom villa is no longer available to us. My priorities for a room are as follows:
  1. Ability to walk to Epcot
  2. Size of room (adequate for 5 people)
  3. Kitchenette

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what would be our best option for a room? It does not have to be at BWV, but would have to fit into my priorities above.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
cdnSpinalTap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
Marthasor
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,965

I think your only option, to satisfy all of your priorities, is to upgrade to a 2-bedroom villa at BC or BWI. If you can do without a kitchenette, you can book a standard room at BC, BWI or YC.

I believe the suites at Swan/Dolphin have wet bars, but I do not believe they have full kitchens. Hopefully someone will come along with more info about Swan/Dolphin suites.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
HMANSION LOVER
PIN TRADER
 
HMANSION LOVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: long Island, NY
Posts: 387

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnSpinalTap View Post
Hello,

We are frequent visitors to WDW, and until this year we were considered a family of 4. Our youngest just turned 3, and we are now considered a family of 5. We had always stayed at the BWV in a 1-bedroom suite. We love the space in the room and the access to Epcot in the evening - a big part of every trip for us is to be able to walk around Epcot and the Boardwalk on most evenings of our vacation.

Now that we are a family of 5, the 1 bedroom villa is no longer available to us. My priorities for a room are as follows:
  1. Ability to walk to Epcot
  2. Size of room (adequate for 5 people)
  3. Kitchenette

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what would be our best option for a room? It does not have to be at BWV, but would have to fit into my priorities above.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
I have to agree with Marthasor, you will have to go with the two bedroom at the BWV or BCV. Either way I hope you will be able to hear the sustain!
__________________

Me DW:: DS15 DD:: 10
1999 WDW Music
2000 WDW Off property
2004 WDW Off property
2008 WDW Wilderness Lodge
2011 WDW Boardwalk Villas
2013 DLR PPH and DLH
HMANSION LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #4
Robbi
DIS Veteran
 
Robbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,694

To get a 2 bd, I think you either have to rent pts from a member or from a broker. This guy has received a lot of positive feedback:
http://www.dvcrequest.com/
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #5
cdnSpinalTap
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
To get a 2 bd, I think you either have to rent pts from a member or from a broker. This guy has received a lot of positive feedback:
http://www.dvcrequest.com/
Thanks for the responses everyone. So you cannot get a 2-bedroom unless you go through DVC? I know this is off topic of this thread, and will explore elsewhere - but can you still take advantage of free dining, or any other deals if you rent point?
cdnSpinalTap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #6
Robbi
DIS Veteran
 
Robbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnSpinalTap View Post
Thanks for the responses everyone. So you cannot get a 2-bedroom unless you go through DVC? I know this is off topic of this thread, and will explore elsewhere - but can you still take advantage of free dining, or any other deals if you rent point?
Sorry, I meant to come back and post last night that I did see it on the WDW website. In the past, the only 2 bd I'd see was AKV.

If you go through WDW, it will be much more expensive than going through either a DVC member or villa broker.

Yes, you can get the DDP. Through Disney, just book it as a package. Through an individual or a broker, they can add it for you- at least Disney did when I booked DVC for my brother and his family.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #7
cdnSpinalTap
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
Sorry, I meant to come back and post last night that I did see it on the WDW website. In the past, the only 2 bd I'd see was AKV.

If you go through WDW, it will be much more expensive than going through either a DVC member or villa broker.

Yes, you can get the DDP. Through Disney, just book it as a package. Through an individual or a broker, they can add it for you- at least Disney did when I booked DVC for my brother and his family.
Thanks for the quick reply. So from what you say I understand you can get DDP, but if they offer free dining during this period, would we be eligible for that (I am assuming no, but just making sure).

Thanks.
cdnSpinalTap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #8
Ladcassidy
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Inside the beltway
Posts: 253

If you rent through Disney, you can take advantage of available FD or RO discounts. If you rent points, you can add the dining plan at full price.
Ladcassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #9
Marthasor
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnSpinalTap View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. So from what you say I understand you can get DDP, but if they offer free dining during this period, would we be eligible for that (I am assuming no, but just making sure).

Thanks.
If available, you can get a 2-bedroom through Disney and book as you would any other Disney package (with tix or dining) or you can rent through a DVC rental co. or DVC owner. It would be cheaper to rent points, but you won't get daily housekeeping.

If a promo comes out, Disney may or may not put 2-bedrooms into the discount inventory. They typically aren't outright excluded, but you would have to be pretty quick to snag one if they put one in the discount inventory.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #10
patty57
DIS Veteran
 
patty57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 2,215

You are not eligible for free dining, or any other promotion offered by WDW when you rent points for DVC. The savings should more than compensate for any promotions that WDW offers during your travel time.
patty57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #11
mitchwebb
DIS Veteran
 
mitchwebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: San Francisco bay area
Posts: 694

There have been threads about this topic since 2004 when I joined the boards. Here is the lastest I have found. Five are allowed. You can have them on your registration with no questions asked. We have gone through DVC not sure about going through Disney. Rent points so much cheaper.


DVC Occupancy Thread Part 2
We ask that DVC Occupancy discussions will be limited to this thread.

Currently DVC allows the following occupancy:

Studio 4*
1 Bdrm 5+
2 Bdrm 9+
Grand Villa 12*

*plus a child under the age of 3 in a Pak-n-Play
+Some DVC resorts have a single sleeper chair for person 5/9 respectively. For others you will need to provide your own air mattress, sleeping bag, or other arrangements.

The original Occupancy is closed, but may be viewed HERE.

Feel free to continue the ongoing discussion here, in this thread.
__________________
The DVC Moderators
__________________
DL - 1967 - 2014
WDW-2005 Poly/BWV, 2008 BWV/Poly, Dec 2013 POR/GFV/BWV New Years
April 2015 CR/BWV

DHDD13DD15DD21*

mitchwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #12
MAO
BWV Owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 242

I'm not sure where people are getting their occupancy information, but I just checked both the official 2013-2014 Vacation Planning Guide and the official dvcmember.com website and they agree -- Boardwalk Villas and Beach Club Villas have one bedrooms that sleep up to 4 (plus a child under the age of 3).

If the original poster is not a DVC member, s/he might want to check the DVC section of these boards to find people that rent out points and ask them to call Member Services for you. But this is my 15th year owning at DVC and I don't remember them saying that they'd increased the number of people allowed in a 1 bedroom. Of course, I've never wanted more than 2 people in a one bedroom, so I might not have paid attention!
MAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #13
mitchwebb
DIS Veteran
 
mitchwebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: San Francisco bay area
Posts: 694

We have our third reservation in a one-bedroom. All five listed on reservation. As I said before you can search thread info. It has been debated on here
for years.

Much more room then putting 5 in a deluxe room,
__________________
DL - 1967 - 2014
WDW-2005 Poly/BWV, 2008 BWV/Poly, Dec 2013 POR/GFV/BWV New Years
April 2015 CR/BWV

DHDD13DD15DD21*

mitchwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #14
MAO
BWV Owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 242

Oh, I love the size of a one-bedroom. I was just saying that the official documentation I have, as a DVC member, clearly states 4. That's all. (There are some DVC resorts that allow 5 people in a one-bedroom. I looked specifically at the documentation for Boardwalk and Beach Club.)
MAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #15
LeahA
DIS Veteran
 
LeahA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 2,359

The only DVC resorts that take 5 people in a 1 bedroom are AKV,OKW,BLT
I am not sure about the new DVC's at GF.
__________________
PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE
ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE-KIDANI VILLAGE X2
ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE-JAMBO HOUSE
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT-X2
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
LeahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Š 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.