Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
emmamc252
Mouseketeer

teppan edo 2.5year old?/epcot alternatives?

dd is by no means a fussy eater, she would love the food at teppan edo, just wondering if she will "get it" as such.
have been trying like mad to get a princess dinner ADR at akerhaus but to no avail for her birthday. she wants to dress up like a princess and meet them all, it will only be our 2nd day in wdw, thinking of maybe just going round world showcase getting all the princess autographs with her and then going tepan edo for dinner and fireworks instead? no idea if she would make it to the fireworks but the princess autograph trail and then dinner somewhere sounds as good a back up as any.
I'm not sure 1900 pf would have the same appeal as not sure she really knows who the stepsisters etc are??? CRT is a 3 course sit down and I think 3 courses is a bit long which again makes me gravitate to tepan edo bu just not sure she will appreciate it/find it fun???
Old 09-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

She is only two and a half, if you give her food she likes she will probably be fine with it as long as she is in a good mood. She will probably like the show the chefs do. And she won't even know that you intended for her to go meet princesses.

But you can keep trying for that Akershus reservation, too. What about a breakfast or lunch
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
DVC California
Try this weird hybrid sometime: DisneyQuest + Water Parks Annual Pass.......it's a blast!

Like most teppan restaurants, how much your daughter enjoys it will depend upon the chef. We've had some chefs that were fine. They did all the standards and we had a good meal.

But there are also chefs who really have fun with it and go the extra mile. This one gal cracked the corniest jokes throughout but it was so funny because she was really into it. And another time, this other guy took the time and built the tallest onion volcano I've ever seen. Had to be at least one foot tall.

I'm sure she will enjoy all the antics regardless.

HTH, Steve
DVC California is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #4
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

Not to be a wet blanket, but after a full day, maybe she might appreciate just a mellow counter service meal? Our son loves Japan counter service - veggie sushi rolls and chicken teriyaki
EagleScout is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: