Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #76
Becca0711
Earning My Ears

We are leaving for WDW on Sunday morning. Today, our four-year-old son told our neighbor "We're going to Disney World & I'm going to ride CINDERELLA!" I haven't stopped laughing!
Becca0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #77
goofygal71
Mouseketeer

My funniest thing heard at Disney was on my Honeymoon in 1998...We were coming out of the Haunted Mansion and there was some folks walking behind us. I think they were looking at a park map and the wife says "Honey...lets go right over here to the Hall of Haunted Presidents. I'd like to see that!" My husband and I busted out laughing at that exact same time...
goofygal71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #78
Disneymadhouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
I haven't seen any evidence of hysterical laughter here. Amusement, certainly. I see nothing wrong in finding amusement in some of the situations that have been described here. Obviously a sense of humour is as variable and different amongst Disers as it is in the general population.

I remember a post from several years ago (and I doff my bonnet to the original poster, whose name now escapes me). He described being outside the general store, near the bus stop at POR. He sees a middle aged man suddenly run to the door of the store, yank open the door, and yell inside "Martha, come quick, you gotta hear this!" Intrigued, the poster unashamedly continues to eavesdrop. The man's wife, accompanied by several teenagers comes out of the door. "Martha, you ain't gonna believe this! This is only the hotel! This place is so big you gotta take a bus to get to the park. And the bus driver fella just told me they got 3 more parks too!!"

Now if that's not a lack of planning and research, I don't know what is.
I remember that post! I'm sure it ended with the man saying something like " we don't know what the hell we've got ourselves into here!"

Claire

Disneymadhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #79
ScarletFire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWillowBay View Post
Two years ago, I was treated to my first-ever solo trip. SO much fun and this continues to bring fond memories of that time: I treated myself to a breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. It was beautiful and the food terrific. While I was enjoying the peace in that moment, a woman began to argue with a CM. She was shattering my moment, so I paid attention. The last thing I heard her say about the menu before I lost it was, "LOBSTER EGGS BENEDICT! Who in their right mind would want to eat Lobster EGGS?" To this day, just reading the GFC breakfast menu makes me chuckle.
Too funny! I'm reminded of a dad and son giving each other the "no way" look when dad misread the menu item on the BOMA buffet line. They passed on the "roasted lion"; it was actually "roasted loin." We laughed all the back to the table. It still makes me chuckle.
ScarletFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #80
Goofydiane
DIS Veteran

i've enjoyed reading the stories and it brought back memories of my first trip with my mom in 96.

After waiting for about 30 minutes to ride Big Thunder mountain, walking through the queue line and watching the trains go by, we get on the ride and as it starts, the only thing I heard was my mom yelling....'you didn't tell me this was a rollie coaster!'. To this day, I'm trying to figure out what ride she thought she was getting on after waiting in line for 30 minutes.

The other was at Tower of Terror. This was back when they had the bar that came down and only 1 seatbelt seat, we were in the back row and as we started moving after the first drop she is yelling, 'you didn't tell me this was going to be scary'. Now she saw the ride, heard people screaming and knew the name was Tower of Terror.....I didn't think I needed to tell her that it might be a bit scary. I bought her a coffee cup for 'surviving'.

I learned after that to explain rides in full detail prior to her getting on them and to make sure she understands that a ride may be dark or scary and that she should just wait for me.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #81
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca0711 View Post
We are leaving for WDW on Sunday morning. Today, our four-year-old son told our neighbor "We're going to Disney World & I'm going to ride CINDERELLA!" I haven't stopped laughing!

MaleficentRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #82
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca0711 View Post
That is HILARIOUS !!!
Old 09-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #83
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

I love being able to laugh at ourselves & the lack of planning before our 1st trip with the kids in 1999. We booked a standard room at the G.F. (U can tell I booked it!)
We get there, & the driver announces our name to get thru the gate & they said someone was coming to meet us (Wow, we felt special-this is some amazing hotel-lol)
Someone meets us with a golf cart & drives us to Sugar Loaf & we check in there-we were upgraded to Concierge & didn't even know it! My DH & I kept looking at each other like someone made a mistake...
I think someone realized that I paid FULL PRICE IN SEPTEMBER?! Lol..Best upgrade & trip we ever had!
Talk about clueless! We didn't know there even was a C.L.
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

samnbilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: