Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Question Pros/cons of POR vs. CSR????

I wanted to book POR , but it was not available so I booked CSR....despite hating the Southwest theming. It was bad enough that we couldn't get in POR, but then POR got FP+ testing for September. It seems once a resort gets FP+ testing, they get it every month following. So unless something changes before Thanksgiving, POR (which I wanted and couldn't get) will have FP+ and CSR will not. This makes not getting POR even worse.

I can continue to stalk the website and see if I can find an opening at POR, but the chances aren't good. Please tell me all the pros/cons of both POR and CSR so I can figure out what to do. You never know what tidbit might help.
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
ARAITHEL
Always counting the days till my next WDW trip...

Keep calling Disney. Sometimes rooms open up. We have thought about doing CSR, but keep coming back to POR or POFQ...
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 11:09 PM   #3
Fantaluminishes
To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
I wanted to book POR , but it was not available so I booked CSR....despite hating the Southwest theming. It was bad enough that we couldn't get in POR, but then POR got FP+ testing for September. It seems once a resort gets FP+ testing, they get it every month following. So unless something changes before Thanksgiving, POR (which I wanted and couldn't get) will have FP+ and CSR will not. This makes not getting POR even worse.

I can continue to stalk the website and see if I can find an opening at POR, but the chances aren't good. Please tell me all the pros/cons of both POR and CSR so I can figure out what to do. You never know what tidbit might help.
I switched from POR to CSR, and also lost-out on FP+ testing for the first part of my trip. Oh well. I've never stayed at CSR, but have stayed at POR once. I figure it's only 3 nights until I switch to 2 deluxe resorts for the remainder of my trip, so why not experience something new?

Also, I love southwest theming. I used to live in Arizona, so it appeals to me, and will remind me a bit of those days.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #4
bennifer
Mouseketeer

We haven't stayed at POR yet because we kept going back to CSR. It's a lovely resort, and we love it. I would keep calling Disney to see if you can switch, tho! People have to cancel their vacations at the last minute quite often, unfortunately (for them, not you!) Good luck and if you have to stay at CSR, keep an open mind. The theme may not be for you, but the grounds are beautiful, just different. Good luck!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: