Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
jlk806
DanceDisneyGirl

Fastpass + - UGGHHHH!!!!

Am I the only one who wishes they WOULDNT have this? We weren't part of the test for our August trip (Were at Beach Club), but relatives at Pop were. We are doing a 5-day trip beginning of Dec and staying at Pop because we are out of DVC points this year, its an extra trip. I just finished with the fast pass plus selections, and this stinks in so many ways! So many things that were possible before are not. (and Im not complaining there are only 3 fp available per day, even tho we used to get more sometimes, but whatever I can take that).
- We can only get Fastpasses for one park a day, in which since we have AP's like to visit 2 parks a day and would have liked to be able to split them up.
- We cannot get more than one FP for the same ride a day, which we used to. I know in their thinking they are tryng to spread people out, but really if we have 3 fp, what does it matter if 2 are for the same ride?
- And worst, at Epcot they limit you so much in selection we cant even get a FP for Soarin and Test Track in the same day, they make you choose one from group 1 (aside from Soarin and TT, Maelstrom and the Character spot are included), and then 2 from group 2 - well not one of the rides in group 2 have I ever in 20+ trips ever waited more than 10 min max (Spaceship Earth, Living with land, Nemo, Journey into imagination).

I am excited to be going to Disney, of course but I really wish they would have just left the FP system the heck alone, the old way was much better.
Pop Century April 2006 - Pop Century August 200 - Pop Century September 2009 - Pop Century/Animal Kingdom Villa Kidani - Aug/Sept 2010!! - Last minute girls trip Caribbean Beach - July 2011! - Pop Century / Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani - Aug/ Sept 2011!! - Art Of Animation / Beach Club Villas / Kidani Village- Aug/Sept 2012!
Wilderness Lodge Villas/Beach Club Villas - Aug 2013!!
Pop Century - Quick Pre-Christmas trip - December 2013!
Beach Club Villas - June 2014 leading up to Disney Cruise July!

jlk806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
kutie78
Earning My Ears

We did fastpass + when we were there last month and we were able to get soarin and test track on the same day. We also did nemo that day.
kutie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #3
kutie78
Earning My Ears

oops, just saw about the tiering at epcot. glad that didn't happen to us. good luck!
kutie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #4
lam21575
Earning My Ears

We were there a few weeks ago and also had no problem getting FP+ for Soarin and Test Track in same day?
lam21575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #5
lam21575
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutie78 View Post
oops, just saw about the tiering at epcot. glad that didn't happen to us. good luck!
Oops sorry me either! That didn't happen to us luckily. I would be mad as well!
lam21575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #6
Dudetrue
Mouseketeer

I guess I don't really understand the heartache. Of the several trips we have taken to Disney in the last couple of years, we have never used a fast pass once and we have gone on all the rides several times. No one is limiting anyone riding the rides. You are going at one of the least crowded times of the year to go. When we went we just walked onto most of the rides.

Is it that you don't want to wait at all?

The only ride we saw a long line for was TSM and that was because it was just after Fantasmic let out and everyone was there for the Christmas lights.

Take heart! I think you will have a great time. We make ourselves happy in life or we worry ourselves to death.
Dudetrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #7
jlk806
DanceDisneyGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudetrue View Post
I guess I don't really understand the heartache. Of the several trips we have taken to Disney in the last couple of years, we have never used a fast pass once and we have gone on all the rides several times. No one is limiting anyone riding the rides. You are going at one of the least crowded times of the year to go. When we went we just walked onto most of the rides.

Is it that you don't want to wait at all?

The only ride we saw a long line for was TSM and that was because it was just after Fantasmic let out and everyone was there for the Christmas lights.

Take heart! I think you will have a great time. We make ourselves happy in life or we worry ourselves to death.
Im really just upset because the old way we would have been able to get a FP for both Soarin and Test Track in the same day, now they have you pick between those, and then absolutely NONE of the rides under Tier 2 would EVER require a fastpass.
Pop Century April 2006 - Pop Century August 200 - Pop Century September 2009 - Pop Century/Animal Kingdom Villa Kidani - Aug/Sept 2010!! - Last minute girls trip Caribbean Beach - July 2011! - Pop Century / Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani - Aug/ Sept 2011!! - Art Of Animation / Beach Club Villas / Kidani Village- Aug/Sept 2012!

Old 11-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #8
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Maybe I missed it, or don't fully understand... couldn't you pick one of the EPCOT E-ticket attractions to use FP+ for, and then go get a regular FP for the others? i.e. - reserve TT and when you get to the park, grab a regular FP or Soarin?

Honestly, as long as the have the standard FP machines, I see FP+ as a way of saving me one trip to a ride's machines.
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #9
jlk806
DanceDisneyGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
Maybe I missed it, or don't fully understand... couldn't you pick one of the EPCOT E-ticket attractions to use FP+ for, and then go get a regular FP for the others? i.e. - reserve TT and when you get to the park, grab a regular FP or Soarin?

Honestly, as long as the have the standard FP machines, I see FP+ as a way of saving me one trip to a ride's machines.

It is my understanding that those with FP+ (magic bands) are unable to use the standard FP machines? Please someone correct me if that's not true, but I think we are limited to the 3 fastpasses per day,and only following the list they provide. If I could just use the FP machines, we would!

Old 11-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #10
Denise W
Boardwalk DVC Member

As of right now you can use your room key to pull regular fast passes from the machines in addition to the 3 FP+ you have already selected. This is allowed during testing but could change at any time.

Denise
Denise W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #11
jlk806
DanceDisneyGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise W View Post
As of right now you can use your room key to pull regular fast passes from the machines in addition to the 3 FP+ you have already selected. This is allowed during testing but could change at any time.

Denise
Well then if that's the case, I apologize for complaining. I thought from what I read we were only eligible for those 3, and was upset about how only 1 could be for a good ride at Epcot. If we can still get like 1 the other way, I apologize for complaining. I was confused.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #12
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk806 View Post
Well then if that's the case, I apologize for complaining. I thought from what I read we were only eligible for those 3, and was upset about how only 1 could be for a good ride at Epcot. If we can still get like 1 the other way, I apologize for complaining. I was confused.
No worries - it's all so confusing! AFAIK, there is currently the ability to use both (I have friends that left for WDW today and their TA has both in their itinerary recommendations). The current thought is that the original FP machines will be phased out, but I REALLY hope that when/if that does happen, guests will be open to more than 3 FP a day as the limit.

During the testing phase (now) it appears there are a lot of restrictions, but I would hope that once the system is in place and working well, they will expand the parameters. If they don't, I am sure these boards will explode with people's thoughts about it... and I'm sure Disney will learn fast that the average park goer would like more than 3 options a day.
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:38 PM   #13
DWillowBay
DIS Veteran

Here now. No problems whatsoever with FPs of any kind. We've used FP+ And legacy passes with no issue. We've rescheduled them with MDE and also added APs with no disruption. Loving FP+. In the long run, yes, more than 3 would be very welcome.

ASMo -1999, POP -2006, DLR - 2007, ASMo -2008, ASMu -2009, BCV - 2010, CSR - 2011, POFQ - 2012, BC - 2012, WL / CR - 2013 POR - 2014, POP! - 2014 POFQ - 2014 POFQ - 2015 SO Blessed !
DWillowBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #14
CWTMW
Earning My Ears

Big Mistake

We are heading there next August and by then i believe the old Fast Pass system will be gone. We are not happy about the new system and are not looking forward to using it. We used to get many fast passes a day and now only 3. I don't see how this is going to cut down the lines. It is only going to make the popular ride "stand by" lines longer and the less popular rides will be short as usual. No one is going to use Fast Pass+ on a ride like "Journey into Imagination"(Figment). I am sure once enough avid Disney goers use the new system they (Disney) will be bombarded with complaints. If they wanted to go paperless, I am sure they could have it work like before, but rather than paper it would just be tied virtually to you band. Big Mistake Disney!!!
CWTMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:17 PM   #15
CWTMW
Earning My Ears

Yes, it's great when you can get the old legacy Fast Passes also. In fact it is awesome, especially for a ride like Toy Story Mania. But once they shut down the old system 3 a day for only on park doesn't cut it.
CWTMW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: