Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #31
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayek31 View Post
How do you know if they are scrappers?
They look bad, really bad. I had a M that was a scrapper, I tossed it because it looked so bad. It was rough, not shiny and really diveted.
I did look and I have an "S" and a "K" from that series.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:19 AM   #32
akayek31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
They look bad, really bad. I had a M that was a scrapper, I tossed it because it looked so bad. It was rough, not shiny and really diveted.
I did look and I have an "S" and a "K" from that series.
Thanks for looking I have those already. I am down to the "E" and the "N". I am going to start the Disneyland collection this trip.

1985-Day trip, 7/08-offsite, 5/09 Pop Century, 2/11-Pop Century,9/11-Pop Century, 2/12-Pop Century, 10/12-Pop Century, 2/13-Pop Century, 2/14-Pop Century, 10/14-Pop Century

akayek31 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #33
LuvClarice
Mouseketeer

PM me

I think I have a double of the round alphabet "N". It's the one with Nana from Peter Pan, right? We had a quest to collect the series on a short trip a few years ago and we actually did it - with some major help from a sweet CM at Coronado Springs. We traded our extras except I believe my DD held on to an N because she called her grandma "NaNa". PM me if you're interested and I'll check tonight to make sure we still have it.

Kathy
LuvClarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:08 AM   #34
akayek31
DIS Veteran

I just saw this. Let me get on my laptop so I can pm you!

1985-Day trip, 7/08-offsite, 5/09 Pop Century, 2/11-Pop Century,9/11-Pop Century, 2/12-Pop Century, 10/12-Pop Century, 2/13-Pop Century, 2/14-Pop Century, 10/14-Pop Century

Old 09-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #35
Hunnybee
DIS Veteran

My favorite pin story ...

Our whole family loves to pin trade -- we just do it with CMs though as we aren't real pin savvy and don't want to spend a ton of money.

We were on the Disney Wonder celebrating my DD's 3rd birthday (this summer she celebrated her 10th -- so this was a while ago). I fell in love with a Belle pin that said something like "Happy Birthday, Princess!" that a CM in the gift shop had on her lanyard. Unfortunately, we had just stopped in after dinner -- so I didn't have my lanyard on. I asked the CM if she would save it for me if I ran up to my room to get a pin to trade with her. I explained that we were on the cruise for my daughter's birthday and that she was trading for all Princess pins.

The CM took the pin off and told me I could have it as a birthday gift for my daughter. She even put it in a beautiful little pink satin "envelope".

My daughter was SO EXCITED when she saw it! That CM made my day -- and hers too!
Hunnybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #36
James G
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunnybee View Post
Our whole family loves to pin trade -- we just do it with CMs though as we aren't real pin savvy and don't want to spend a ton of money. We were on the Disney Wonder celebrating my DD's 3rd birthday (this summer she celebrated her 10th -- so this was a while ago). I fell in love with a Belle pin that said something like "Happy Birthday, Princess!" that a CM in the gift shop had on her lanyard. Unfortunately, we had just stopped in after dinner -- so I didn't have my lanyard on. I asked the CM if she would save it for me if I ran up to my room to get a pin to trade with her. I explained that we were on the cruise for my daughter's birthday and that she was trading for all Princess pins. The CM took the pin off and told me I could have it as a birthday gift for my daughter. She even put it in a beautiful little pink satin "envelope". My daughter was SO EXCITED when she saw it! That CM made my day -- and hers too!
My wife had something solitary happen to her at world of disney at DTD DL. We were shopping and we found a CM With a pin my wife had to get. The only pin she had that she could trade was a pin of buzz(her fav) and she was torn with trading. The CM told her to keep her pin and gave her the other pin, explaining to her that she couldn't trade away one of her favorite pins. My wife refused but after a few mins I talked her into taking it before someone else came and we never say it again. It made our day. Some CM understand, some don't.

James G
James G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #37
wavecrusherx
Optimus With Ears

Yea my wife saw a pin that she needed to complete a set she was and the only thing we had to tade was a pin I was thinkibg of keeping. The cast member was really nice placed both pins in her hand and the handed them both back to me in a closed fist. Not sure if she saw our anniversery buttons and decided to be extra nice or if they all do that but it made my wifes day.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #38
akayek31
DIS Veteran

The CM are really nice about giving you a pin that you need. I had it happen to me twice when I was collecting the baby princesses. I had all of the pins by the end of the trip except Ariel. I could not find her any where. We were going back in Feb 12 so I was not to worried (this was Oct 11.) We were there for OMDD for the 24 hrs and we were slowly going out of the park so all the buses would be empty and I finally found her on a custodian who was sweeping up the park.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #39
Ash20
Earning My Ears

I just got back from WDW and I bought lots of new pins but once again no Aladdin in sight I spoke to a few of the CMs at the pin shops and they all said they couldn't even remember seeing an Aladdin pin apart from the baby one.

I have never traded before, but I am starting to think I may need to buy a random pin just so I can trade it for an Aladdin pin next year. Or maybe I should check out Ebay.

Anyway I got some nice new pins on my trip, so my little collection is still growing and overall I am happy.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #40
svt4me
Earning My Ears

This is my son's collection that we work on as a family. Hoping to add to it at the end of January. It's a work in progress.
Great site, thanks for looking, Scott
svt4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #41
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash20 View Post
I just got back from WDW and I bought lots of new pins but once again no Aladdin in sight I spoke to a few of the CMs at the pin shops and they all said they couldn't even remember seeing an Aladdin pin apart from the baby one.

I have never traded before, but I am starting to think I may need to buy a random pin just so I can trade it for an Aladdin pin next year. Or maybe I should check out Ebay.

Anyway I got some nice new pins on my trip, so my little collection is still growing and overall I am happy.
There are Aladdin pins, I have some. Check eBay but be aware of the scrapper sellers and use caution when buying, you may be able to find some good Aladdin pins there and not have to worry about trading.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #42
Ash20
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71

There are Aladdin pins, I have some. Check eBay but be aware of the scrapper sellers and use caution when buying, you may be able to find some good Aladdin pins there and not have to worry about trading.
Scrappers is pretty much the reason I haven't traded or used ebay before. Also I was sure an Aladdin pin would have been released by now. It's weird how some characters are so rare and others are there every year I go. I guess Aladdin just ain't that popular.

I will have a look at ebay as I don't plan to visit another disney park until next summer. I promised myself once I found an Aladdin pin I would stop collecting, but I think that ship has sailed
Old 09-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #43
agameofthree
Earning My Ears

Juggling and magic are hobbies, so I collect Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickeys. I also have the juggling Goofy and a juggling Mickey.

DW collects the villains, especially Maleficent, also Tinks.

DD has the odd stuff: Plutos, baby Princesses, and from the cast members she has the colored lanyard pins and 3/4 "Fast Pass" pins. These aren't very pretty, but she likes them. She's also trying to collect the Princess pins in the form of a flower.
agameofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #44
SKTiger
Mouseketeer

This thread is just what I needed after the day I had at work!

My collection started finding golf themed pins on eBay. During my last trip to the World two years ago, my family and I got serious with it. We each bought some of the sets of seven or eight and set goals to trade in themes.

On that trip I managed to get all of the Muppet characters wearing ear hats except Beeker, and a collection of various Minnies. The goal for my trip next week is to find the elusive Beeker and trade all for ride related pins!

SKTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #45
Cinderella8
~I believe it all is coming to and end, oh well, I guess we're gonna pretend, let's see how far we've come~

I love pin trading! I have around 100. I'll try to post a picture when I can! I just have a blue (my favorite color) plastic see-through sorta box I keep them in, nothing too special. Everyone's collections look good
Gryffindor Seeker & member of DA & the Order!In the Poseidon cabin!Leader of RiverClan.A Storm Hawk & sky knight of Terra Neverland!I am Spider-Man!True Believer!An Ultra Link!I work for THI.Hunter of Artemis!Avenger & SHIELD agent!H2O mermaid!A water talent!I'm the Shane!The warrior mage!I'm the Avatar.At Monster High!Shadowhunter.Noelle is my BFF!
"A dream is a wish your heart makes." -Cinderella~"All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust." -Peter Pan 2
"Light, dark, there's a little bit in all of us. The trick is finding balance." "Master, please! You don't know Twist like I do!" "Never presume to know the heart of another! Focus on your own inner peace. Are you so sure you know the best path?" -Master Shinai and Eli Shane
Don't let them in, don't let them see, be the good girl you always have to be. Conceal don't feel, don't let them know! Well now they know! Let it go, let it go! -Elsa
"What happened in the dungeons between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so naturally, the whole school knows." -Dumbledore~"So light a fire!" "Yes - of course - but there's no wood!" "HAVE YOU GONE MAD? ARE YOU A WITCH OR NOT?" "Oh, right!" -Ron & Hermione~"Scared?" "You wish." -Draco & Harry
"Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to lead an ordinary life is no longer an option." -Spider-Man
"You can act all tough and take over the world, but you can never hide who you really are- a lonely girl who desperately wants a friend." -Piper to Master Cyclonis
"Move out." "No." "Excuse me?" "I said no. No more. You will never hurt another innocent person and then just walk away." -Dr. Blakk & Eli Shane
"Remember, reality is an illusion the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!"-Bill Cypher~"Open fire! Just try not to hit anyone we know!" -Piper
"What's your game, Shane?" "I'm just trying to help my friends... but you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" -Twist and Eli
Do it for your people, do it for your pride, you're never gonna know if you never even try. Do it for your country, do it for your name, 'cause there's gonna be a day when you're sitting in the hall of fame, and the world's gonna your name! -Hall of Fame
Cinderella8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: