Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #106
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post

Quote:
8 1/2 hour layover? That is brutal! I thought my 4 hour layover in JFK after my flight from Barcelona was bad.
Yeah. It was part of the package to get the lowest airfare.

Quote:
Your mom totally sounds like my mom. She volunteers my dad for everything. He is a good driver though...thankfully since he drives a semi as his retirement job!
I would strongly discourage my dad from driving a semi.

Made me think of my favorite scene from The Gumball Rally

Quote:
LOL on the taxi debacle. I was picturing you in your billowing white robes crawling in the sand towards the mirage of an oasis aka taxi stand.

Quote:
I cannot sleep on airplanes either which makes those flights to Europe brutal!

I told Ruby that spending the extra $2,500 per ticket might just be worth it. Plus then I can be one of those people who look down upon the riff raff.

Quote:
Can't wait to hear more!

Jill in CO
Oh. So I have to keep writing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
Good one Ponzi! "Stranded at the airport" hahaha, reminds me of the movie Terminal - love Tom Hanks

Great chapter!
Thanks Steph. Don't know if you knew this or not, but The Terminal was based on the real life story of a man who was stranded at.... Charles De Gaulle airport... in Paris. Where we just landed.

Here's the quote from wiki:
The film is partially inspired by the 17-year-stay of Mehran Karimi Nasseri in the Charles de Gaulle International Airport, Terminal I, Paris, France from 1988 to 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
So your dad sounds like my dad. He always offers to take us to the airport and always shows up at least 15 minutes early. I've learned to adjust the time I tell him to pick us up so I'm on "dad time"
Say, that's a good idea...

No, wait. If I'd done that, he would've shown up on time and we might've been late for our flight since I'd gotten the time wrong.

I think Karma's just telling me to leave well enough alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
What a long journey! So glad you've arrived. Can't wait to hear (read) all about it
What? You wanna read more too?

Oh, all right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeb144 View Post
Did you make this pic yourself? Very cute and descriptive!
Yes and no. I was looking for an "angry mob" picture and found it... but without the Mickey ears. I added those in. I'm not talented enough to do it all, I have to rely on the talents of others to provide me with raw materials.

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #107
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
Sad news, no longer an option, only for tee times. Do you or Ruby have any interest in golf?
Nope. But you can't have everything.
I'll just get her a cab.

Quote:
You lost your bet, it was a pm about a spare phone. Now you owe me dinner at V&A's
Sorry T-Man!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #108
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

When I was transferring back to the States after being stationed in Germany, I was upgraded to Business Class. O.M.G. I was such the redneck but I loved life behind the curtain. It really is better. I used my miles to upgrade on a later trip...now I'm trying to figure out how I can afford to upgrade when and if I ever go to Australia.

Jill in CO
Old 08-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #109
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
When I was transferring back to the States after being stationed in Germany, I was upgraded to Business Class. O.M.G. I was such the redneck but I loved life behind the curtain. It really is better. I used my miles to upgrade on a later trip...now I'm trying to figure out how I can afford to upgrade when and if I ever go to Australia.

Jill in CO
Well colour me jealous!

If you only have one chance to go 1st class, then fer sure use it on a super long trip like one to Aussie!

Old 08-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #110
jedijill

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Well colour me jealous!

If you only have one chance to go 1st class, then fer sure use it on a super long trip like one to Aussie!
It was fantastic...especially since I was *quite* hungover from my going away party the night before.... Dang, I miss Germany!

Jill in CO
Old 08-27-2013, 10:40 PM   #111
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Ponzi, great update! 81/2 hours? UGG!!!!!!!!!!

I can imagine the hunt for a phone. A few months ago, my cell phone was conveniently out of juice when my battery died in the parking lot of a Walmart. Of course the phone that used to be there was dismantled, because nobody ever needs a payphone anymore, right?

So I managed to call AAA from the Service Desk, but had no return phone number. It was like 9am, and I thought I better call work to let them know I would be late. So I had to approach random people in the parking lot to ask them if I could use their phone to make a (local, HONESTLY) call. It was no fun, plus I had to go back to the service desk a couple of time to check on the progress of the rescue truck and no way to get a return phone call. I do try to keep my phone charged now

Oh dear, I think I just went way off track here............

Anyway, great chapter, loved it.

And SMIDGY, rethink that phone position, it's not just for Disney anymore...

Last edited by Backstage_Gal; 08-27-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Backstage_Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #112
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Quote:
You lost your bet, it was a pm about a spare phone. Now you owe me dinner at V&A's
Hmmmm.

Interesting how I lost a bet when no one took the bet. I did say I was WILLING to bet, and the person whom I was willing to bet (which would've been Ponzi) never accepted the bet. I don't recall my bet being with you.

Furthermore, you tell me that the pm was about a spare phone. Without having seen or received the pm personally, how do I really know it was about a spare phone? And was the spare phone to be used or provided to assist with any Fastpass Plus activity?

With the information provided above, I see no validation of a bet therefore making any debt to V & A's void and null.

I do believe since it was ASSUMED a bet was in place (which there wasn't) that as good will gesture for making a false assumption of this bet, that I should be awarded dinner instead at Shula's Steakhouse. I'll settle for Yachtman's Steakhouse as well.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #113
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Sorry T-Man!
What are you sorry about? It was you whom I was willing to bet since you are the one I quoted.

I should be the one saying sorry. You had your chance. I would've even sprung for dinner at Boma's so you could have an endless supply of ZD's.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #114
Thumper_Man's Wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
Hmmmm.

Interesting how I lost a bet when no one took the bet. I did say I was WILLING to bet, and the person whom I was willing to bet (which would've been Ponzi) never accepted the bet. I don't recall my bet being with you.

Furthermore, you tell me that the pm was about a spare phone. Without having seen or received the pm personally, how do I really know it was about a spare phone? And was the spare phone to be used or provided to assist with any Fastpass Plus activity?

With the information provided above, I see no validation of a bet therefore making any debt to V & A's void and null.

I do believe since it was ASSUMED a bet was in place (which there wasn't) that as good will gesture for making a false assumption of this bet, that I should be awarded dinner instead at Shula's Steakhouse. I'll settle for Yachtman's Steakhouse as well.
Hmm...Maybe I need to let T-man out of his cage to play every once in awhile...I don't think him working so closely with attorney's on a daily basis bodes well for the brain.

Although...Shula's does sound nice...

Maybe I should just go back to breaking down the chapter

Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland

We Hopped All The Way To Disneyland Just For Some Dis Meets
Thumper_Man's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #115
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
tried. I really did.

I turned off the TV.
I wore noise cancelling headphones.
I used a neck pillow... No! A deluxe neck pillow.

All to no avail. Ah well, I'll sleep eventually
The universal fix for economy passengers everywhere: GRAVOL! (better living thru chemistry)

It's not just for airsickness, bud. 100mg of that will put you out on a long haul flight for a few hours at least. (DON'T do this if the flight is less than 4 hours. Trust me on this. Being able to stand upright without swaying, and forming coherent sentences with the nice customs and immigration man is a definite asset).
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #116
jedijill

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
The universal fix for economy passengers everywhere: GRAVOL! (better living thru chemistry)

It's not just for airsickness, bud. 100mg of that will put you out on a long haul flight for a few hours at least. (DON'T do this if the flight is less than 4 hours. Trust me on this. Being able to stand upright without swaying, and forming coherent sentences with the nice customs and immigration man is a definite asset).
That's Dramamine for those of us South o' the Border.

Jill in CO
Old 08-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #117
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
It was fantastic...especially since I was *quite* hungover from my going away party the night before.... Dang, I miss Germany!

Jill in CO
I hear they have beer there!

Quote:
Ponzi, great update! 81/2 hours? UGG!!!!!!!!!!
I know! It was a really long chapter! Sorry it took you so long to read it.

Quote:
I can imagine the hunt for a phone. A few months ago, my cell phone was conveniently out of juice when my battery died in the parking lot of a Walmart. Of course the phone that used to be there was dismantled, because nobody ever needs a payphone anymore, right?

So I managed to call AAA from the Service Desk, but had no return phone number. It was like 9am, and I thought I better call work to let them know I would be late. So I had to approach random people in the parking lot to ask them if I could use their phone to make a (local, HONESTLY) call. It was no fun, plus I had to go back to the service desk a couple of time to check on the progress of the rescue truck and no way to get a return phone call. I do try to keep my phone charged now
Nobody ever foresaw a time when every freaking one had a portable phone...

Now I foresee a time when everyone has at least two! "Don't be caught without a phone! New Backup Buddy is just the thing for when your regular phone dies! Never be unconnected again! Never have to worry about the awkwardness of speaking to somebody face to face! Yuck! Who wants that? So play it safe! Get Backup Buddy today! Be extra safe and for a limited time, buy one get one half off!!!

Quote:
Oh dear, I think I just went way off track here............
That's okay, that's what makes it fun!

Quote:
Anyway, great chapter, loved it.
Thanks!

Quote:
Hmmmm.

Now hold on just a cotton pickin' minute here! You're not gonna get outta this here bet with yer high falutin lawyer speak!

A lawyer ain't nuttin' without a jury.

I say you owe Marita a dinner at V&A's. What does the rest of the Jury think?

Please vote 'Yay' if you think Bunny Boy owes Marita dinner.
Vote 'Nay' if you're a poop and think he doesn't.

There. Doesn't get more fair then that, does it?

Quote:
What are you sorry about? It was you whom I was willing to bet since you are the one I quoted.

I should be the one saying sorry. You had your chance. I would've even sprung for dinner at Boma's so you could have an endless supply of ZD's.
Free ZDs?????????

Oh, man! Is it too late to change my vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man's Wife View Post
Hmm...Maybe I need to let T-man out of his cage to play every once in awhile...
He does seem a little bit cabin feverish...

Quote:
I don't think him working so closely with attorney's on a daily basis bodes well for the brain.
Love that smiley!

Quote:
Maybe I should just go back to breaking down the chapter
Feel free, but perfection is hard to improve upon.

My, I'm feeling just a bit full of myself today, aren't I? (c'mon... I left the door wiiiiide open here. All ya gotta do is walk through it.)

Quote:
Only problem with that... Gravol makes me feel motion sick!

Weird... but my DSis is the same way.

Quote:
100mg of that will put you out on a long haul flight for a few hours at least. (DON'T do this if the flight is less than 4 hours. Trust me on this. Being able to stand upright without swaying, and forming coherent sentences with the nice customs and immigration man is a definite asset).
Oh, c'mon! You gotta share that story!

Quote:
That's Dramamine for those of us South o' the Border.

Jill in CO
Thank you Jill for that translation. Do you charge by the word or by the hour. I could probably use you to translated all my 'colours' to 'colors' and 'cheques' to 'checks'.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #118
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Now hold on just a cotton pickin' minute here! You're not gonna get outta this here bet with yer high falutin lawyer speak!

I don't know about Canada, but her we can call for dismissal without needing a jury. So yes, it does get more fair than that. I call for motion to dismiss this case due to lack of evidence. If the court refuses to grant my dismissal then I have the right to trial. Can't just jump straight the sentence.

And I also formerly request a motion for an immediate dismissal due to the badgering of the jury by Ponzi for calling them "poops" if they vote 'NAY."

Quote:
Free ZDs?????????

Oh, man! Is it too late to change my vote?
Not only is it too late, but you will never, never be offered free ZD's again.

Like EVER. At least not from T_Man.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #119
jedijill

Quote:
[COLOR="Blue"]

Thank you Jill for that translation. Do you charge by the word or by the hour. I could probably use you to translated all my 'colours' to 'colors' and 'cheques' to 'checks'.
My services are available for a flat rate, say unlimited ZD's or dinner at V&A, eh.

Jill in CO
Old 08-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #120
jedijill

Quote:

Thanks!

Yay!

Jill in CO

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: