Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #76
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
There is a spa at the Grand Floridian and at Saratoga Springs. There is also an awesome spa at the Swolphin.

Jill in CO
Okay! Thanks for that. I'll definitely look into those. I can see her getting a nice mani/pedi or whatever, while the rest of us are sprinting to and fro in a park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
Oh. Now you're calling him dear?
I would like to clarify this. Lady H was referring to both she and Ruby letting their husbands plan the vacations. So when she said, "Whatever you want dear", she was referring to what she would say to you.

But she did call me 'hun'.

Missed that one, huh?

Quote:
The sooner the better IMO. I learned from our TR that if you start dragging it out too long, you start to forget details. Best to post as quickly as possible while the memories are still recent. At your age, you can't afford to wait.
That was probably a shot.... except at my age it's simply the truth!

Quote:
Besides people should be sitting by their computers just waiting for you to post a chapter. If they can't keep up, then they need to invest in a smartphone and download the Dis app. Plus this will help prepare them for FP+.

Well I thought it was a good suggestion anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self_resqing_princz View Post
I'm here and joining in! I loved your trip to Hawaii so I can't wait to read about this one!
Hey! The Goose is loose! Welcome aboard!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #77
orangecats2
All I want is Disney, Crocs and Vera Bradley

Do an update now! Like you said, you haven't even gotten on the plane!

After more thought I think you saw that castle in Germany. That's the Disney connection.

And I have an iPhone now so can keep up on that.

me DH and our many children
9/12 - CSR 4th Anniversary 9/09 - ASMo 1st Anniversary, 9/08 - ASSp Honeymoon
96, 87, 86, 83, 80, 79 - all offsite
Vegas: 95-Hacienda, 00-Excalibur, 01-Monte Carlo, 02-Luxor, 05-TI, 07-Tropicana, 10-NY NY
orangecats2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2013, 05:35 PM   #78
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Hi Steph! Welcome! You haven't missed much yet, we haven't made it out of the house yet!

You'll have to tell us how the FP+ went.
Hi Back

I'll give you a preview ...

Aren't they purty??? And no, if I get a fastpass+ for Toy Story I will not be changing it

Why the heck is this picture so big??? I did resize it
nowellsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #79
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
But where's the spa in WDW?

As previously mentioned, Grand and Saratoga. But I'll do you one better, you can get a free taxi voucher at your resort to take you there and back. At least used, to pretty you still can, but I will double check.

Also, if you have FP+ and no phone - no problem, the Concierge at the hotel or guest relations kiosks at the parks let you make any changes you want for fast passes AND dining.

Funny story, I did a test check in today at my hotel as we are going to go into testing next week (getting the CM's used to various scenarios).

So I picked just any old fast passes for today for Epcot since I wasn't really going. I picked Turtle Talk, Captain EO and Soarin'. Once back at my desk, I logged into my newly created account and clicked on "Change Fast Passes". It suggested to me as available: Test Track, Mission Space Orange, and Soarin'!!! Alrighty then. Plus it groups them together by time period and gives you choices as well, like AM, PM, etc and even knows when you have dining reservations and schedules around those.
I think this is shaping up as a great trip for Ruby

PS: did I mention you can get fast passes (reserved spots) for Fireworks and parades too? And Princess and Mickey meet and greets, but i', guessing your family is probably past the M&G's.

PPS: I'm ready for you next chapter now
Old 08-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #80
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecats2 View Post
After more thought I think you saw that castle in Germany. That's the Disney connection.
Give that lady a cheroot. We have a winnah!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
Hi Back

I'll give you a preview ...

Aren't they purty???
Actually, that's pretty cool. Especially that they even personalized them.

Quote:
And no, if I get a fastpass+ for Toy Story I will not be changing it

I know, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
As previously mentioned, Grand and Saratoga. But I'll do you one better, you can get a free taxi voucher at your resort to take you there and back. At least used, to pretty you still can, but I will double check.
Boy, that'd make it convenient!

Quote:
Also, if you have FP+ and no phone - no problem, the Concierge at the hotel or guest relations kiosks at the parks let you make any changes you want for fast passes AND dining.
Ya don't have to sell me on it, lady... I'm already psyched.

Oh, wait. That's psycho.

All right, I'm thrilled. How's that?

Quote:
Plus it groups them together by time period and gives you choices as well, like AM, PM, etc and even knows when you have dining reservations and schedules around those.
Pretty impressive.

Quote:

Quote:
PS: did I mention you can get fast passes (reserved spots) for Fireworks and parades too? And Princess and Mickey meet and greets, but i', guessing your family is probably past the M&G's.
Yeah, even when they went last time (12 & 8) they weren't that interested. But really not interested now.

But last time we were there, our ADR at Crystal Palace ran late/long and we got out only 10 minutes or so before the parade. We had a heck of a time finding someplace to watch. A nice family offered curb space for the DDs while Ruby & I stood a little farther back. Being able to FP parades is a great idea.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecats2 View Post
Do an update now! Like you said, you haven't even gotten on the plane!
Okay! Okay! I'll get to work on it, hopefully tomorrow.

I mean I'll start working on it tomorrow, don't know if I'll finish it tomorrow or not....

Besides... mmeb144 says no earlier then Tuesday, so....

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 08-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #81
smidgy
dimples

Quote:

Funny story, I did a test check in today at my hotel as we are going to go into testing next week (getting the CM's used to various scenarios).

So I picked just any old fast passes for today for Epcot since I wasn't really going. I picked Turtle Talk, Captain EO and Soarin'. Once back at my desk, I logged into my newly created account and clicked on "Change Fast Passes". It suggested to me as available: Test Track, Mission Space Orange, and Soarin'!!! Alrighty then. Plus it groups them together by time period and gives you choices as well, like AM, PM, etc and even knows when you have dining reservations and schedules around those.

it's getting worse and worse!!! so now I have to go down to the long line at concierge (long lines at the value and mods) just to check on fast pass times? and possibly change them? aarghh! I hate it!!
I should NOT be penalized for not owning a smart phone, Iphone, android, whatever....
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #82
mmeb144

My husband KNOWS I'm a Disney Maniac
MM is the coolest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Besides... mmeb144 says no earlier then Tuesday, so....
Hey, I also said whenever you are ready. Harumph!

Mar '87 Offsite, Mar '89 Contemporary, Sept '91 CBR, Mar '92 Dolphin, Sept '97 Polynesian, Dec '00 CBR, May '03 CBR, Jan '04 WL, Oct '04 POFQ, Feb '05 WL, Dec '05 Contemporary, Feb '07 POFQ, Dec '07 CBR, June '08 Disneyland, Nov '08 Buena Vista Suites, Dec '09 CSR, Dec '10 POFQ, June '12 POFQ, Dec '13 Caribe Royale/POFQ, May '14 ASMusic
mmeb144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #83
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
it's getting worse and worse!!! so now I have to go down to the long line at concierge (long lines at the value and mods) just to check on fast pass times? and possibly change them? aarghh! I hate it!!
I should NOT be penalized for not owning a smart phone, Iphone, android, whatever....
I also heard they will have kiosks set up so you can change them there. I finally broke down and got an android a few weeks ago. It is nice to have so many features, it took me a while to figure everything out though!
nowellsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #84
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
[B][COLOR=#0000ff]

Good to know! I wish V&A would do the same thing although most of the time the lovely guys at Bell Services have given me a lift for free over to the GF.

Jill in CO
Old 08-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #85
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeb144 View Post
Hey, I also said whenever you are ready. Harumph!
Yes. Yes you did.

But since I put the 'pro' in procrastinator... whenever I'm ready might be.... How's a week from next century sound?

Quote:
Quote:
I also heard they will have kiosks set up so you can change them there. I finally broke down and got an android a few weeks ago. It is nice to have so many features, it took me a while to figure everything out though!
I think it'll be a good thing. But I will reserve judgement until I've tried it out for myself (or at least heard plenty of reviews... either for or against... by people who don't have smart phones).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Good to know! I wish V&A would do the same thing although most of the time the lovely guys at Bell Services have given me a lift for free over to the GF.

Jill in CO
Huh! That's pretty nice. Must be a Disney thing.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #86
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Quote:
NO NO NO

Just IF you want to make last minute changes without a smart phone. You can pre-plan everything from your computer at home.

Say you miss your fast pass time for some reason. Today, you just lose it. In the future, you can just rebook it for a later time. Don't panic, OK?

As I understand, they will also have people standing around with Ipads that can do it for you without standing in line.

Last edited by Backstage_Gal; 08-26-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Backstage_Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:36 PM   #87
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
NO NO NO

Just IF you want to make last minute changes without a smart phone. You can pre-plan everything from your computer at home.
Say you miss your fast pass time for some reason. Today, you just lose it. In the future, you can just rebook it for a later time. Don't panic, OK?

As I understand, they will also have people standing around with Ipads that can do it for you without standing in line.
sigh. I have no prblem making ADRs for diningahead of time, at home.

I do not wantto make "reservations" (or whatever they call it) for fast pass times for rides from home. and, yes, I understand, I can then use "stand by".
I want to be able to get fast passes on that day. WAY too much regimen and planning. I do not like it, Sam I am!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:44 PM   #88
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
NO NO NO

See that makes more sense, to me.

Now. If you miss your window, or lose your little ticket, you could go up to a CM and explain your predicament... and probably get an, "I'm sorry."

But if you have FP+, you could go up to a CM and he'd just book you for the next available slot time, if available.

Quote:
sigh. I have no prblem making ADRs for diningahead of time, at home.

I do not wantto make "reservations" (or whatever they call it) for fast pass times for rides from home. and, yes, I understand, I can then use "stand by".
I want to be able to get fast passes on that day. WAY too much regimen and planning. I do not like it, Sam I am!
But then, it doesn't change for you, does it? Right now, you go to the ride that you want to fastpass and get one. With FP+, wouldn't you do the same thing? Except you don't have to walk up to the ride to get one. You can do it from your hotel, you could do it from a kiosk (wherever they put them in the park) or, possibly, at the ride itself from a CM.

Does anyone want a TR? Or should I just keep this going?

Old 08-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #89
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

If Smidgy would read her PM, it might make her feel better

On with the show.. I mean TR

I'm no Thumper, I cant find a plane, LOL
Old 08-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #90
queenbetsey
Mouseketeer

they have a really nice one at Saratoga springs and I hear swan/dolphin also has a nice one too

Hey Hey we're the Whiteheads, a pre trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3209767

You were born an origional, why die a copy?\

[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img noborder]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/klh12jpwhe9t3guf.png[/img][/link]
queenbetsey is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: