Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #286
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Thanks, Marita!

Although I'm not gonna hold my breath that you'll ever retire. What is it now at Disney? 35 1/2 years and counting?
Besides, you have to stay put until I get to meet you in 2015!
Ponzi, you haven't kept up, I'm at 41 years, 2 months and 13 days right now.
I think I deserve a break soonishly.......... Then again, I don't know what to do with my days then, so it maybe a while yet.

But not to worry, unless I meet my maker, I should still be in the area by 2015.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #287
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post

Would it shock you to learn that the last person guillotined in France was in 1895? No?

How about that the actual date was September 10, 1977.

I know I was flabbergasted when I found that out.

Well, I spent about two minutes staring at your words - trying to figure out if I was missing some kind of joke.

So count me flabbergasted.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 10-01-2013 at 03:40 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #288
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

Just started following along. Really great TR so far. can't wait until the next installment :-)
hops&dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #289
queenbetsey
Mouseketeer

ok I have been sort of busy and absent for a bit bi. I was planning to catch up on Sunday but I needed to head out to Disneyland for the day. Yeah it was a tough job but it was for a good job. You see some dissers are heading out here in less than a week for the first time and being the giver that I am thought that heading out there to take some pics for research purposes of course might be helpful.

any way today my youngest daughter, Megan came by and I was telling her that next Sunday her dad and I were going to head back to Dl for a dis meet with tman and lady h and none other than the famous nebo and smidgy. she looks at me and says, ( I am not making this up) the guy who"s posts you tell us about? the guy who gets hurt all the time? " I was just cracking up. then, "do you think it is a good idea to have dad and nebo together in the same place since dad gets hurt all the time too???" too funny I had said the same thing a couple of weeks ago
back to ponzie's report now
very excited to meet these four folks finally.

Hey Hey we're the Whiteheads, a pre trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3209767

You were born an origional, why die a copy?\

[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img noborder]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/klh12jpwhe9t3guf.png[/img][/link]
queenbetsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #290
smidgy
dimples

too funny betsey!!! nebo says he is NOT getting hurt,a dndon't you jinx him! (yeah yeah) he doesn't need any jinxes, he does well enough on his own!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:26 AM   #291
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
I'm a bit more than 5 hours from Paris, Ontario; could that count?
Nope. Gotta have the word Paris and have an Eiffel Tower. (and no, the TV tower there doesn't count.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
You know blank well that it is more than worth the read.
Actually, I don't know blank that well. I did enjoy his voices on Bugs Bunny and I think it's awesome that his tombstone has the inscription, "That's all folks" on it and.... oh. That's Mel Blanc, not blank...

nevermind.

Quote:
I will be on it as soon as I feel that I have the head space to really take it in and savour it.
Sit up straight.
Tilt head to the left.
Smack head repeatedly with right hand, just above the ear.

There. Something should've tumbled out the left ear giving you more space.

You're welcome.

Quote:
The pictures give me great peace.
Piece of what?

Quote:
And BLANK isn't that bad of word! Really. Laughing.
Actually, that made me smile. My favorite author uses 'Bleep' and 'Censor'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
I'm enjoying your trippy!
Well, hi there winkers! Welcome to the nut-house!

Quote:
I've discovered that the plus side of visiting Paris in rainy April is no mimes! they give me the creeps & the heebee jeebees.
You and Ruby would get along just fine then...

In Paris...

In April...

Quote:
Macroons are little pillows of heaven! I think I tried every flavor in a 2 day trip.

Quote:
I can see why your girls didn't like the subway there...it's very smelly! It always smelled like urine when we were there and just kinda dingy. London's however, are clean and smell fresh as a daisy.
Interesting. I never noticed the smell, though. But, admitedly, my sense of smell isn't that great.

Which is awesome when you're surrounded by farting people in an elevator.

Quote:
Well somehow I decided Monday Night Football would be a peaceful moment to savour the words.
Oh, sure. Many hospitals and daycares use NFL Football (with the sound cranked waaaaaaay up) as a method for lulling the kiddies off to dreamland. The sounds of the men bashing into each other with loud grunts is very similar to the sounds Mommy would make when she was trying to get up off the couch when she's eight and a half months preggers.

Quote:
Lord, I forget everything I wanted say and where each sentence even was to highlight.
Oh, I can help with that. Scroll up.

Quote:
But I did want to say something about your Notre Dame photograph. I found it amusing that you commented on how it wasn't this or that because of the sun. When it made the photograph to me. Gorgeous shot.
Thanks! That's one of the great things that I love about photography. You never know what someone will like... or not!

Quote:
And this one above.

I can imagine that it must have been something to be standing there, as I felt very emotional just looking at the photograph.
It was amazing. I only wish that the other side had been done.
Guess I'll just have to go back.

Quote:
Thank you for the sharing all this with us. And the educational aspect, which I'm loving.
Thanks for the nice words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
Ponzi, you haven't kept up, I'm at 41 years, 2 months and 13 days right now.
I think I deserve a break soonishly.......... Then again, I don't know what to do with my days then, so it maybe a while yet.

But not to worry, unless I meet my maker, I should still be in the area by 2015.
I was afraid of that. I couldn't remember for sure how long it'd been. I knew you'd recently celebrated a milestone, but couldn't remember how long it was.

So I took a shot.

Mea culpa

Quote:
Well, I spent about two minutes staring at your words - trying to figure out if I was missing some kind of joke.

So count me flabbergasted.
I know! That's crazy!
When I looked up the last time the guillotine was used in France, I just assumed it would be sometime in the 1800s.... but certainly not by, say 1910 or so....

But 1977????

Quote:
Originally Posted by hops&dreams View Post
Just started following along. Really great TR so far. can't wait until the next installment :-)
Welcome! Glad you're enjoying it.

And for the record, even before I saw your siggie, I immediately thought of beer.

Working on the pics for the next chapter, even as we speak.

Or 'chat'

Or type...

whatever.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbetsey View Post
ok I have been sort of busy and absent for a bit bi. I was planning to catch up on Sunday but I needed to head out to Disneyland for the day. Yeah it was a tough job but it was for a good job. You see some dissers are heading out here in less than a week for the first time and being the giver that I am thought that heading out there to take some pics for research purposes of course might be helpful.

any way today my youngest daughter, Megan came by and I was telling her that next Sunday her dad and I were going to head back to Dl for a dis meet with tman and lady h and none other than the famous nebo and smidgy. she looks at me and says, ( I am not making this up) the guy who"s posts you tell us about? the guy who gets hurt all the time? " I was just cracking up. then, "do you think it is a good idea to have dad and nebo together in the same place since dad gets hurt all the time too???" too funny I had said the same thing a couple of weeks ago

Nebo is kinda famous, isn't he?
Count me in as jealous that you get to meet him and Smidgy.

And bless you, for your sacrifice for the benefit of others...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
too funny betsey!!! nebo says he is NOT getting hurt,a dndon't you jinx him! (yeah yeah) he doesn't need any jinxes, he does well enough on his own!

But I am keeping my toes crossed that this time... THIS time, nothing goes wrong.

Well, I can't cross my fingers... I'm typing here! Hello!!!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:24 AM   #292
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz;49728848
[COLOR="blue"
[B] Nebo is kinda famous, isn't he?

And bless you, for your sacrifice for the benefit of others...[/B
]
ya know. it's been years since his first trip report, and his "notoriety" has grown. back in our smoking days, as we were enjoying a sunny d in a dsa at ak. and he eavesdropped and talked about the "magical DEPRESS" (if you need a translator, you are NOT a neboite)2 ladies practically attacked him "You're NEBO!!!!" they were SO excited and wanted to have their picture taken with him!

and once in line for the boat from beach club to DHS, a few ladies recognized him and wanted thier picture taken with him.

he SO SO wants to still be invloved in this wonderful online disney fun!!!!!!! between his broken wrist and all ... but he wants to tell you he is still here!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2013, 01:30 AM   #293
smidgy
dimples

pkondz... we absolutely HAVE to meet you someday.. you know that.....
and heather AKA thumper mans' wife.. wil have to keep her hand handy to hang on to nebo's in my stead for the scary rides at DLR!!!!! yay! the thumpers and the nebos on saturday! then meeting up w/queen betsey and lance!!!!
(and today was my LAST day of work for 12 days! no waiting tables!!! no tending bar! no cleaning houses!!!! yay!!!)
Old 10-03-2013, 06:36 AM   #294
queenbetsey
Mouseketeer

Nebo is kinda famous, isn't he?

And bless you, for your sacrifice for the benefit of others...[COLOR="Blue\\

hey what can I say i'm just a giver that way
But yes very excited for this weekend.
Smidgy don't worry there aren't too many really scary rides there but I do strongly advise to stay away from Mickey's Not So Fun Wheel. I am pretty ok on rides and love a good coaster but that ferris wheel is just awful when you get into one of the moving gondolias.

Hey Hey we're the Whiteheads, a pre trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3209767

You were born an origional, why die a copy?\

[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img noborder]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/klh12jpwhe9t3guf.png[/img][/link]
queenbetsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #295
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
ya know. it's been years since his first trip report, and his "notoriety" has grown. back in our smoking days, as we were enjoying a sunny d in a dsa at ak. and he eavesdropped and talked about the "magical DEPRESS" (if you need a translator, you are NOT a neboite)2 ladies practically attacked him "You're NEBO!!!!" they were SO excited and wanted to have their picture taken with him!

and once in line for the boat from beach club to DHS, a few ladies recognized him and wanted thier picture taken with him.
See? Toldja!

Quote:
he SO SO wants to still be invloved in this wonderful online disney fun!!!!!!! between his broken wrist and all ... but he wants to tell you he is still here!!!!!!
And we'll be here, waiting on his long overdue return.

Gotta call you guys when I have a minute to spare!

"minute to spare". I crack myself up, sometimes...

Quote:
pkondz... we absolutely HAVE to meet you someday.. you know that.....
Small chance, next July.

Quote:
(and today was my LAST day of work for 12 days! no waiting tables!!! no tending bar! no cleaning houses!!!! yay!!!)
Woot! For no work for a while!

Quote:
and heather AKA thumper mans' wife.. wil have to keep her hand handy to hang on to nebo's in my stead for the scary rides at DLR!!!!!
Quote:
Smidgy don't worry there aren't too many really scary rides there but I do strongly advise to stay away from Mickey's Not So Fun Wheel. I am pretty ok on rides and love a good coaster but that ferris wheel is just awful when you get into one of the moving gondolias.
So there you have it. What I get out of that is Heather will go on Mickey's Not So Fun Wheel of Death with Smidgy.

You heard it here first folks...

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 10-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #296
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Quote:
You see some dissers are heading out here in less than a week for the first time and being the giver that I am thought that heading out there to take some pics for research purposes of course might be helpful.
Research? Oh my. I'm little worried now. I'm becoming a science experiment. Don't you know it's inhumane to experiment on innocent, sweet, loveable bunnies.

Quote:
any way today my youngest daughter, Megan came by and I was telling her that next Sunday her dad and I were going to head back to Dl for a dis meet with tman and lady h and none other than the famous nebo and smidgy.
Next Sunday? We won't be there. We (we being Lady H and I) will be at Oceanside. We can you meet you there if you like?

Or did you mean this coming Sunday? And how come no one told me? I thought we were meeting Thursday?

Oh wait. That's right. You have to deal with teenagers worse than Ponzi on Thursday. I remember now you mentioning that so we switched to hanging out Sunday morning instead at DL.

Quote:
she looks at me and says, ( I am not making this up) the guy who"s posts you tell us about? the guy who gets hurt all the time? " I was just cracking up. then, "do you think it is a good idea to have dad and nebo together in the same place since dad gets hurt all the time too???" too funny I had said the same thing a couple of weeks ago
I remember you saying that as well. I think I still have the email. I agree with Smidgy. Please don't jinx it. We have to get through a whole week and I prefer it be at DLR and not the ER.

Quote:
Yes. Back to Ponzi's report. What did her write about again? I forgot. Was it about some tower that King Kong invaded and destroyed and how he and his family barely escaped alive? And now King Kong is on his way to NY to destroy the Empire State Building. I remember now. Good chapter.

Quote:
Hear that Ponzi. She's excited to meet you, Ruby, Kay and Elle. I didn't know she set up a Dis meet with you 4. Why didn't you tell us?
Old 10-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #297
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
Yes. Back to Ponzi's report. What did her write about again? I forgot. Was it about some tower that King Kong invaded and destroyed and how he and his family barely escaped alive? And now King Kong is on his way to NY to destroy the Empire State Building. I remember now. Good chapter.
Nailed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
Hear that Ponzi. She's excited to meet you, Ruby, Kay and Elle. I didn't know she set up a Dis meet with you 4. Why didn't you tell us?
Whoops! Looks like the giant monkey's out of the bag!

Old 10-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #298
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz;497309

[COLOR="blue"
So there you have it. What I get out of that is Heather will go on Mickey's Not So Fun Wheel of Death with Smidgy.

You heard it here first folks...
[/COLOR]
Old 10-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #299
smidgy
dimples

limo coming at 5:30 am!!!!
I planned well so I wouldn't have to go anywhere today.. just pack. Nebo ordered a book at Barnes and Nobles and guess what? it came in. (Mysterious Island, Jule Verne). plus monday we left the little bottles we bought at the liquor store.. AT the liguor store! sigh. so out in the rain we had to go this morning.
suitcases packed . VCR (yes, I know, I still have a vcr) set up to tape General hospital and Grey's anatomy. cats are mad at us already.Nebo is soaking in the tub. just killing time till it's not too early to go to bed. (I'm thinking an hour?)
Old 10-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #300
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
limo coming at 5:30 am!!!!
I planned well so I wouldn't have to go anywhere today.. just pack. Nebo ordered a book at Barnes and Nobles and guess what? it came in. (Mysterious Island, Jule Verne). plus monday we left the little bottles we bought at the liquor store.. AT the liguor store! sigh. so out in the rain we had to go this morning.
suitcases packed . VCR (yes, I know, I still have a vcr) set up to tape General hospital and Grey's anatomy. cats are mad at us already.Nebo is soaking in the tub. just killing time till it's not too early to go to bed. (I'm thinking an hour?)
Have a fantastic and SAFE trip.

Jill in CO

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: