Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #211
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post

Anyone want to come along for the ride?
Ummmm, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

"Okay, Ruby. We can't see all of Italy... we just don't have the time. If you had to pick just one city, which would it be?"

Of course I knew that she'd say Rome, I know my wife.

"Venice." She replied without hesitation.

[/B][/COLOR]
I love it. Yeah for knowing your spouse!

Quote:

"Your father's always up that early, he can drive you. It's not a problem."

At no time did my father chime in as to whether or not he wanted to do this.

This is the way wives are.
Pretty sure it's universal.

]
It is universal. How utterly observant of you!

I cut off the guy in the subway picture - PRICELESS.

The subway map was glorious. Made me so jealous. Made me want to march down to City Hall right now and ask them what their problem is.

Loving all of it. Thank goodness I found it.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #212
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
Ummmm, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey! A fellow Canuck! Welcome to our nut-house, Purple Lisa!

Quote:
I love it. Yeah for knowing your spouse!
Oh, I definitely know her. No matter what I think she's gonna do next, it's always wrong.

So I'm 100% right in my wrongness. You can't get better then 100% right?
Unless you do that new math where 110% seems to be the norm now....

Norm!
(Sorry. Cheers flashback)

Quote:
It is universal. How utterly observant of you!
But of course! I'm no fool, ya know!

EVERYBODY ELSE JUST KEEP QUIET!!
She doesn't have to know how dumb I am right off the first post. Let her figure it out for herself!

Quote:
I cut off the guy in the subway picture - PRICELESS.
He looked just like I felt!

Quote:
The subway map was glorious. Made me so jealous. Made me want to march down to City Hall right now and ask them what their problem is.
Heck, at least you've got a subway! Here, we're lucky if we can go more than a couple of blocks in less then an hour!

Mind you, everytime I'm in TO, I rent a car or have my own (or once... fly in and buy one).

Quote:
Loving all of it. Thank goodness I found it.
Yes. Thank goodness. Think how bereft of amusement your life would have been if you hadn't?

I shudder just thinking about it!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2013, 10:20 PM   #213
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Hey! A fellow Canuck! Welcome to our nut-house, Purple Lisa!

As long as you don't say PURPLE JESUS. You know I don't know if that fateful drink is Canadian and/or just a Quebec brew or a Bishop's University mixture. Maybe I should go google. It definitely has alcool in it - that special *low alcohol content * Quebec blend.

EDIT: I googled and Minnesota just came up so maybe it's a "it's cold as he!! and therefore I must drink this blend" kind of drink.

What nuthouse were you referring to pkondz? I believe I just proved I fit right in.

Quote:

Oh, I definitely know her. No matter what I think she's gonna do next, it's always wrong.

Is it wrong that I LOVE this? Is it?

Forget it, don't answer cause I'm not sure I even care if it's a yes.

Quote:

Yes. Thank goodness. Think how bereft of amusement your life would have been if you hadn't?

I shudder just thinking about it!
Listen, after the day that I've had - I SHUDDER to think about it. Honestly. Yeah us! Can't wait for more.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:39 PM   #214
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Quote:
It wanted to give out? Just what did you do to the poor thing??
We pushed it to the point that it couldn't take no more. It got burnt out and I guess this was it's way of telling us it couldn't take anymore. When I tried turning it on, it would give me the cold shoulder and shut down on me.

The new monitor was shipped today and already up and running.

Quote:
I must say, that at the time, I never noticed. But when I posted the picture, I noticed that right away. I wish I would've noticed it in Paris, I would've asked what they were called.
pain de porc
Old 09-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #215
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
As long as you don't say PURPLE JESUS. You know I don't know if that fateful drink is Canadian and/or just a Quebec brew or a Bishop's University mixture. Maybe I should go google. It definitely has alcool in it - that special *low alcohol content * Quebec blend.

EDIT: I googled and Minnesota just came up so maybe it's a "it's cold as he!! and therefore I must drink this blend" kind of drink.
Never heard of it until just now. Didn't make it as far west as us God fearin' folk.

That's my story. Leave it alone.

Quote:
What nuthouse were you referring to pkondz? I believe I just proved I fit right in.
We'll let you stay on temporary probation for now.
Mis-behave enough and you'll get full membership.

Quote:
Is it wrong that I LOVE this? Is it?
No, of course not. I'm very loveable. Just ask Ruby, or my kids....

No! Wait! Don't ask!!!

I'm sure I'm better off living in ignorance, of which I am well versed.

Quote:
Forget it, don't answer cause I'm not sure I even care if it's a yes.
Too late.
Sorry.

I retract everything I've said about... about... what were we talking about again?

Quote:
Listen, after the day that I've had - I SHUDDER to think about it. Honestly. Yeah us! Can't wait for more.
Sorry to hear you had a lousy day... but you're here now where everything is sunshine and butterflies!!!

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little, there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
We pushed it to the point that it couldn't take no more. It got burnt out and I guess this was it's way of telling us it couldn't take anymore. When I tried turning it on, it would give me the cold shoulder and shut down on me.

The new monitor was shipped today and already up and running.

pain de porc
Too bad you and your faithful monitor couldn't make up. I'm sure you'll miss it. Here's hoping you'll find some resolution to your problem.

get it?

resolution?

Yeah, okay. It was weak. I'm tired. Leave me alone.

pain de porc, huh? I actually Googled 'Nez de Coche'. I remembered it as an expletive (although a mild one) that I first heard from a guy in my grade 9 class who'd just immigrated from France.

No luck, though.

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 09-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #216
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

I just google translated pain de porc. I kind of wish I left it in French...it sounded much prettier than. Pork Loaf is just not doing it for me.

My Blog: Have Budget Will Travel

Riles_and_Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #217
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riles_and_Gabe View Post
I just google translated pain de porc. I kind of wish I left it in French...it sounded much prettier than. Pork Loaf is just not doing it for me.
I googled it too. I thought, "Hey! Bunny boy found it!

Not so much.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #218
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Geez. I can be stupid some times.

All right. I said, ALL RIGHT!

I'm stupid all the time. (happy now? sheesh)

I only just now noticed that you're leaving in just under two weeks, Megan... by yourself with a 4 yr old.

Sounds like fun, is this his first visit?

Old 09-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #219
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Geez. I can be stupid some times.

All right. I said, ALL RIGHT!

I'm stupid all the time. (happy now? sheesh)

I only just now noticed that you're leaving in just under two weeks, Megan... by yourself with a 4 yr old.

Sounds like fun, is this his first visit?
I am excited....and nervous! This is his third time going but our first time with just the two of us. It is also our first time staying on property. I love travel planning but found this trip to be super stressful. I didn't realize how hard it was when you are making all the executive decisions. I find that I don't have much of an audience at home that is willing to discuss my Disney Vacation 5-6 hours a day. My four year old only offers that he wants to go on a plane and to see Mickey...everything else he leaves up to me!

I am really enjoying your trip report. My Mom and I plan to travel to Europe next year with my two sons (I also have a 15 year old). After reading your start to your time in Paris, I am thinking I would definitely like to put that on our short list of places to go see! We took my older son to England and Germany when he was 5 and I look forward to taking both the boys there next year!!

My Blog: Have Budget Will Travel

Riles_and_Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #220
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Quote:
Hmm. Interesting. I typed "Pig Bread" and translated it to french and "Pain de Porc" is what it translated to.

Quote:
I googled it too. I thought, "Hey! Bunny boy found it!

Not so much.
Guess I shouldn't count on Google to teach me french.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #221
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
I am excited....and nervous! This is his third time going but our first time with just the two of us.
So what you're saying is he's 4 years old and has gone almost as many times as I have!

Quote:
It is also our first time staying on property.
You'll love staying on property. The convenience coupled with the perks (EMH) make it an unbeatable combo.

Quote:
I love travel planning but found this trip to be super stressful. I didn't realize how hard it was when you are making all the executive decisions. I find that I don't have much of an audience at home that is willing to discuss my Disney Vacation 5-6 hours a day. My four year old only offers that he wants to go on a plane and to see Mickey...everything else he leaves up to me!
Here's my tip for WDW with a youngster (I took the DDs when they were 4 and 8... Ruby was there too, but I did all the planning).

Ready?

Here it is: Always remember the reason you're there. If you bring a 4 year old, it's usually for them, right? So if they want to ride Magic Carpets 7 times in a row... Let them! (and yes... they did) If they absolutely don't want to go in HM, 'cause it's "scary", why force them?

My thinking was, "Why traumatize them right off the bat? I want them to want to come back to WDW, not hate it!"

Everything else... Relax. If all you do is ride the carousel and spend the rest of the day in the Hotel pool, your son will be more then happy.

Quote:
I am really enjoying your trip report. My Mom and I plan to travel to Europe next year with my two sons (I also have a 15 year old). After reading your start to your time in Paris, I am thinking I would definitely like to put that on our short list of places to go see! We took my older son to England and Germany when he was 5 and I look forward to taking both the boys there next year!!
Glad you're enjoying it. Here's a little peak ahead. When we left Paris, both DDs (and Ruby too) didn't want to leave. They wanted to spend more time in Paris. So maybe that's an incentive to add it to your trip.

I'll have more... lots more on Paris in the days to come.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #222
KRIS10420
Mickey Mouse obsessed
I couldn't think of a better way to spend such a special occasion
He played along and actually had a good time

Howdy from another Canadian. I've actually been following all of Nebo & Smidgy's trip reports which is where I learned of this one and I'm thoroughly enjoying it, also liked your Hawaii one. Love your style of writing and your sense of humor...and your photoshop skills

DH and I are planning to go to France, Italy and Egypt which was supposed to happen in the next two years but he decided to book an extreme skiing camp in Chamonix, France next February so that pushes our trip up a few more years.

I don't tend to post much as it usually takes me forever to write something and I just don't have the time or often forget. I am here in the background though and I try to keep up to date.

Cheers
DH Me Kelso Bodie

2012 - november, Disneyland with a 1st timer friend
2009 - november, Disneyland solo
2006 - september, WDW-POP Resort with DH
2004 - november, Disneyland with DH & MIL
1997 - september, Disneyland - girlfriend roadtrip
1986 - april, Disneyland with family
KRIS10420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #223
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
Hmm. Interesting. I typed "Pig Bread" and translated it to french and "Pain de Porc" is what it translated to.

Guess I shouldn't count on Google to teach me french.
Tell ya what. You translate spanish for me and I'll do french for you. Deal?

Or we can just swear at each other in a language of our choosing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIS10420 View Post
Howdy from another Canadian. I've actually been following all of Nebo & Smidgy's trip reports
Hiya Kris!

I looked back to see if you'd ever posted on Nebo's TR and I see the last time you did was in September of 2012. Nebo made a comment about you posting once a year... Boy! He wasn't kidding!

Quote:
which is where I learned of this one and I'm thoroughly enjoying it, also liked your Hawaii one. Love your style of writing and your sense of humor...and your photoshop skills
Thanks! Care to send me your photo?

no?

Quote:
DH and I are planning to go to France, Italy and Egypt which was supposed to happen in the next two years but he decided to book an extreme skiing camp in Chamonix, France next February so that pushes our trip up a few more years.
Gotta admit... as much as I think seeing the Pyramids, etc. would be awesome, I'm a little unnerved with everything that's being going on over there right now.

Quote:
I don't tend to post much as it usually takes me forever to write something
About a year, apparently.

Quote:
and I just don't have the time or often forget. I am here in the background though and I try to keep up to date.

Cheers
Well, post whenever you feel like. And if you just wanna say "ha!" or (more likely) "groan" that's okay too.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:58 PM   #224
KRIS10420
Mickey Mouse obsessed
I couldn't think of a better way to spend such a special occasion
He played along and actually had a good time

Quote:
Hiya Kris!

I looked back to see if you'd ever posted on Nebo's TR and I see the last time you did was in September of 2012. Nebo made a comment about you posting once a year... Boy! He wasn't kidding!
Yea, I know it's pathetic but I tend to read along laughing and commenting in my head thinking everyone can read my mind.....right By the time I articulate a comment in my head, either the thread has moved way ahead or I run out of DIS time and forget.

Quote:
Thanks! Care to send me your photo?

no?

Uh...no, that's okay,thanks anyways though........
.....I say this because I LOVE my photoshop program and admire your creativity.

Quote:
Gotta admit... as much as I think seeing the Pyramids, etc. would be awesome, I'm a little unnerved with everything that's being going on over there right now.
I'll definitely be assessing safety before I commit to anything but Egypt is DH's choice, it's a trade off for me dragging him to Disneyland Paris for a day. He is so NOT a Disney guy, been too many times as a kid and twice with me. Says he's had enough Disney for 10 lifetimes. I just don't know how that could be possible.

Quote:
Well, post whenever you feel like. And if you just wanna say "ha!" or (more likely) "groan" that's okay too.
Wow, look at me being all chatty. This may be my quota for the year though
DH Me Kelso Bodie

2012 - november, Disneyland with a 1st timer friend
2009 - november, Disneyland solo
2006 - september, WDW-POP Resort with DH
2004 - november, Disneyland with DH & MIL
1997 - september, Disneyland - girlfriend roadtrip
1986 - april, Disneyland with family
KRIS10420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:04 AM   #225
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner