Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-17-2014, 06:34 PM   #1
indimom
Are We There Yet?
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,582

Google is your friend...

What is the craziest, silliest, or most ridiculous thing you've ever looked up online?

I'm currently in nursing school, which means people ask me a lot of silly questions.
DH just announced, "hey, I have a medical question, why is urine yellow?"

I told him to google it.




So, have you ever searched for the answer to an equally strange or silly question??
Do share!
__________________
indimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:42 PM   #2
denisem
DIS Veteran
 
denisem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Central FL
Posts: 3,121

Yes. I Googled "Can turtles breathe through their butts."
denisem is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-17-2014, 09:55 PM   #3
Coonhound
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 518

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisem View Post
Yes. I Googled "Can turtles breathe through their butts."
My son is reading with me and now he really wants to know what led you to start wondering about turtles breathing through their butts?
Coonhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:56 PM   #4
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 13,086

When our company finally got internet, it was one ONE PC. We were all encouraged to go play with it at lunch as it was already known this would be something we'd all use for business one day. I've been involved in the sport of mud racing for years, so I searched that quite a bit. Somewhere along the way, I discovered a female mud racing club called "dirty women". I wanted to tell my wife about some things I saw on the site, but couldn't remember the url (they were all REAL long then). So, I searched "dirty women" on the company computer in a lunchroom full of people.









Whoops.
__________________
Gumbo4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:13 PM   #5
denisem
DIS Veteran
 
denisem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Central FL
Posts: 3,121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonhound View Post
My son is reading with me and now he really wants to know what led you to start wondering about turtles breathing through their butts?
Ahhh, I got one of those emails ages ago with all sorts of inane "interesting facts". So I got curious...
denisem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:12 AM   #6
indimom
Are We There Yet?
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,582

I figured we weren't the only ones who had searched something a little strange or "out there."

Denisem: so what was the verdict, was it fact or fiction? I refuse to look it up. lol.

Gumbo: How many women were in the lunchroom?
__________________
indimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:21 AM   #7
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 13,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by indimom View Post

Gumbo: How many women were in the lunchroom?
A few, just glad none of them turned up as search results. That might have been awkward.
__________________
Gumbo4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:26 AM   #8
Cowboysrule
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: CO
Posts: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by indimom View Post
What is the craziest, silliest, or most ridiculous thing you've ever looked up online?

I'm currently in nursing school, which means people ask me a lot of silly questions.
DH just announced, "hey, I have a medical question, why is urine yellow?"

I told him to google it.




So, have you ever searched for the answer to an equally strange or silly question??
Do share!
I Googled a couple days age "Why don't Florida residents pay Federal Income Tax?"
Cowboysrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:20 AM   #9
denisem
DIS Veteran
 
denisem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Central FL
Posts: 3,121

Quote:
Originally Posted by indimom View Post
I figured we weren't the only ones who had searched something a little strange or "out there."

Denisem: so what was the verdict, was it fact or fiction? I refuse to look it up. lol.

Gumbo: How many women were in the lunchroom?
Certain species of turtles can breathe through their butt.

The statement "a duck's quack does not echo" is false.
denisem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:49 PM   #10
indimom
Are We There Yet?
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboysrule View Post
I Googled a couple days age "Why don't Florida residents pay Federal Income Tax?"
I bet I know why.
__________________
indimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:54 PM   #11
indimom
Are We There Yet?
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,582

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisem View Post
Certain species of turtles can breathe through their butt.

The statement "a duck's quack does not echo" is false.
You learn something new every day.
__________________
indimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:02 PM   #12
kimblebee
now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents
 
kimblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 2,478

I mostly use Google to check word spellings.
__________________
GO JETS GO
kimblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #13
Jedana
Have to learn to budget somehow. Want the latest video game? Save up. Want a new Beyblade? save up. Want a new Dooney and Burke? Grab the credit card out of DH's wallet...
 
Jedana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 1,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
When our company finally got internet, it was one ONE PC. We were all encouraged to go play with it at lunch as it was already known this would be something we'd all use for business one day. I've been involved in the sport of mud racing for years, so I searched that quite a bit. Somewhere along the way, I discovered a female mud racing club called "dirty women". I wanted to tell my wife about some things I saw on the site, but couldn't remember the url (they were all REAL long then). So, I searched "dirty women" on the company computer in a lunchroom full of people.









Whoops.
We've had a couple of those types of whoops over the years.
PG-13+ thinking below






There is a Dick's Wings and BBQ here, as well as Dick's Sporting Goods. Trying to find their locations. Not using the full name of the business

My DD2 while trying to look up a video of a cat that had fallen in a bathtub googled wet (name for kitty here).



I "bing" more than I "google". Google wasn't giving me decent searches, so I switched over. We've earned 4 or 5 $5 off coupons for Gamestop over the last year.
Jedana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:35 PM   #14
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos
 
Soldier's*Sweeties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Schenectady, NY
Posts: 6,204

I Googled "long pig" once.

Won't be doing that again.
__________________
2013 Book Challenge: 25 of 25 COMPLETE!!!
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17, #18, #19- The Strain Trilogy Guillermo Del Toro
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:37 AM   #15
nooneshome
but us dis shutins-send help or APs
 
nooneshome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: at home but dreaming of Disney or St. Andrews
Posts: 2,325

At work, a few co-workers and I email each other to help break up the day. It can get comical quickly. As part of the routine I will post images in my emails. You can google so many images it is ridiculous. It is funny how the silliest search will pull up a picture of a naked lady. Yesterday I googled Neil Diamond albums and viola there was a naked lady "forever in blue jeans" but nothing else.
__________________
nooneshome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.