Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #16
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

2.5 Gallon Ziplocs! You can press the air out of them so they are pretty flat. They really help get more in the suitcase, and then you have them all to put stuff in while you are there, wet stuff, etc. And they are cheap.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #17
monorailsilver
DIS Veteran

We are a family of 5. We just went for 10 days.

I don't bring much. We each had 5 outfits and 2 shoes, so e water shoes and something to wear to the pool-cover up/tshirt.

And laundry detergent and dryer sheets.

I roll everything as well. My son was able to mix and match but my girls outfits were more or less that shirt goes with those shorts.

I did laundry just about every day and best part was I didn't have a ton to put away when we got home.
June 1975 Golf Resort & Polynesian August 1977 DL off site April 1990 WDW off site May 1981 Polynesian July-August 1985 Polynesian July-August 1987 Polynesian/Floridian July-August 1990 Beach Club May 1994 All Star Sports/Polynesian June 1995 Wilderness Lodge/Dixie Landings February 1997 off site/Wilderness Lodge March-April 1999 Engagement Trip February 2000 Polynesian August 2002 Polynesian July 2005 Polynesian August 2008 Polynesian August 2013 Polynesian and I think there were a few more trips here & there but I have lost track.
monorailsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #18
Radiorox
Live from the city of Magic.

Another vaccume space bagger here! LOVE them.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #19
APiratesLifeForMe2
DIS Veteran

I roll my clothes too and always unpack and put things into the drawers. Rolling leaves less wrinkles in clothes and seems to saves space. I take plastic bags like large storage ziplocs to put dirty clothes in along the way.

I also make sure to always pack at least two days of clothing into a carryon. Delta lost my moms luggage one trip and it was never found. Try spending a week in Disney with ONE OUTFIT and a pair of flip flops!! She bought a few teeshirts and hand washed the rest each night.

1988 Off Site, 1992 Off Site, 1996 ASMusic, 2000 CBR, 2004 POR, 2007 Poly, 2009 POFQ, 2010 POP, 2011 POP, 2013 WL
APiratesLifeForMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #20
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumsiren View Post
Oh goodness, I haven't had to pack a suitcase to go on a plane in 6 years! Usually we drive to our destinations, and it's gotten so easy to say, hey, I have an SUV! I can just pack another bag. I think I'm gonna be in trouble!
Driving has a lot of plusses to it (we're from NJ too)...I used to just throw all my stuff into these giant totes and go.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #21
ARAITHEL
Always counting the days till my next WDW trip...

I think people pack too much. Put all of your clothes/things on your bed...then put 1/2 of it away, and don't take it!

I ALWAYS pack too much, for instance, I take two or three pairs of shoes, I generally only wear my comfortable sandals after I am there. Just two pairs of un-needed shoes will make some room.

So, let your zippers on your luggage rest! Just take less!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #22
bookgirl2632
DIS Veteran

I take too much, but I'm not as bad as some of my family. I take three pairs of shoes, including the ones I wear. As far as clothes, I know I take more than I need to, but sometimes I just don't know what I'm going to want to wear. LOL As long as I'm under the weight limit for the airlines, I'm okay with it.

1976 Offsite 1990 Offsite in Kissimmee 2001 CBR 2006 POR 2010 HRH
bookgirl2632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #23
cynzilla
Syringomyelia.....not just a disease, but an adventure!

Vaccuum Space bags

We used the vaccuum type space bags once but when we asked mouse keeping for a vaccuum w attachment to re-suck the air out, they stated they didn't have those types of vacuums, only uprights!

Does anyone have any recommendations for good compressions ones besides the Eagle Brand, I can only locate 2 x $20 on amazon!

Thank you!
cynzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #24
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynzilla View Post
We used the vaccuum type space bags once but when we asked mouse keeping for a vaccuum w attachment to re-suck the air out, they stated they didn't have those types of vacuums, only uprights!

Does anyone have any recommendations for good compressions ones besides the Eagle Brand, I can only locate 2 x $20 on amazon!

Thank you!
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...tegoryId=12644

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #25
P00H1010
DIS Veteran

For our 10 day trips I take a carry on, a checked and a purse as my personal item. I normally fold and lay bulky items like capris & shorts at the bottom of my suitcase. I either roll shirts and such or fold and put into Ziploc bags and take out the air. Shoes I arrange at the side or the suitcase or in my purse. I can normally fit about 5 or 6 days of clothing into a carry on along with other items I know I will need soon or don't want to risk loosing. My checked bag has the rest of my clothes, items that aren't allowed in carry on bags, my bag with medical supplies just in case someone gets ill and snack items. I generally have extra room in my checked which is great for bringing back souvenirs. I have one of those cosmetic bags that you can hang on a door and found that you can cram a lot into it without taking up a lot of space in your bag. Hope this helps!!!!

July 2010: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
July 2011: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
July 2012: Split Stay @ Bay Lake Tower/Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
September 2013: Split Stay @ Art of Animation/Beach Club Villas
July 2014: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
P00H1010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: