Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Anyone else unhappy with Disney's 'value suites' layout?

I have looked at Value suites options For my family of 6, but there never seems to be an option where you get even 2 real beds. Or where the sleeping is separatable by something like a screen or drape.

Seems like Disney is only geared toward families with small children. Those accomodations that do exist are not even ideally planned for convenience for any family. Even in suites at AoA for example children are meant to sleep in areas that an adult might like to stay in while the child naps (living area or kitchen table area) or when the child goes to bed early.

Why doesn't Disney provide sleeping arrangements so that the adult can have real beds for larger/older children (15-17). A curtain to separate beds for adults from older children would also be useful here or even in a regular resort bedroom.

It seems like extended or older families have to get 2 rooms, and that would be fine but Disney will not guarantee connecting rooms!! So, if you need more than 2 rooms in an open regular hotel room, you are stuck with a 2 bedroom villa and even then getting 4 beds isn't always included, You could end up with 3 beds and a pullout sofa.
Also, if you want privacy &/or have an easily disturbed little one, the regular hotel rooms won't work for you.

Why aren't there any reasonably priced options for families that want/need sleeping arrangements with multiple beds?

It has been done before that the kids bed is walled off or at least has a movable curtain to screen one sleeping area from another. Even in moderates there is a privacy curtain to close off the sink area. Why not even a curtain to separate the beds?

So frustrated with the shortage of options for our family! Hoping for connecting rooms!!
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

I think you are right about the need for a different configuration for some rooms at WDW.

However, I also think there is a solution and that is staying offsite. There are plenty of options that are much less expensive and fit the needs of all types of families out there.

We used to only stay onsite. My kids are pretty much grown now (college age) and we still do on occasion, but have found that a 'timeshare' unit works really well for us and gives us the resort atmosphere we want on vacation while giving us plenty of sleep space (and more).
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
debandbill
Earning My Ears

Family Accomodations

We have had good luck at the Sheraton Vistana Villages...the remodeled two bedroom suites are very nice with a full kitchen and baths for both bedrooms.

The living area has plenty of room with a nice closet for luggage, etc. The 2 bdrm worked well for party of 6...4 adults and two children - one of which was in a P&P.

It is not a bad drive to the parks, the pools are great and the grounds are really nice. I thought the prices were very reasonable.... $149/nite for a September stay...have gotten it as low as $139.
debandbill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: