Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Where to see Electric Water Pageant?

We'll have an 8 pm dinner res at Chef Mickey's and wondering where is the best viewing area at Contemporary after dinner.
I've only seen it from Poly beach in the past & we haven't been inside CR since ds16 was just 3!

Thanks!
Old 08-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
kirby428
Mousejunkie Wannabe

See it on the pier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
We'll have an 8 pm dinner res at Chef Mickey's and wondering where is the best viewing area at Contemporary after dinner.
I've only seen it from Poly beach in the past & we haven't been inside CR since ds16 was just 3!

Thanks!
Weather allowing walk to the CR pier for a close up but this showing is the last and latest one. Check the schedule. From the observation decks in the tower, you might see it but maybe not hear it. If you want to see it sooner, take the boat to WL, BUT watch the clock. Sorry I don't have the performance times by memory. Both the CR and the WL lodge provides a closer view than from the Polynesian beach.

kirby428 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2013, 11:27 PM   #3
CableKC
Mouseketeer

I decided to coordinate my dinner reservations at Ohana with the start of the Electric Water Parade. I made sure that I'd have enough time for dinner and dessert....then walked around the Polynesian and then waited it out at the pier to watch the show. I figured that the evening for dinner at Ohana was pretty much the only thing we'd do that night....so I figure that I would see the Electric Water parade at the same time.
CableKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:31 AM   #4
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Thanks! Should I expect the CR pier to be very crowded? (Well, for Sept anyway.)
Old 08-31-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
Thanks! Should I expect the CR pier to be very crowded? (Well, for Sept anyway.)
There are plenty of great viewing places from almost anywhere along the shore that has an unimpeded view of the lake, so it shouldn't be crowded at all. You can even grab a beach chair and relax. When we were at WL we went down to the beach and relaxed on the lounge chairs to watch the show. There weren't very many people on the beach.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:20 PM   #6
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
I decided to coordinate my dinner reservations at Ohana with the start of the Electric Water Parade. I made sure that I'd have enough time for dinner and dessert....then walked around the Polynesian and then waited it out at the pier to watch the show. I figured that the evening for dinner at Ohana was pretty much the only thing we'd do that night....so I figure that I would see the Electric Water parade at the same time.
I would also check the time to see when Wishes is occurring at the Magic Kingdom. Every time we go to WDW I have to see the Electric water parade and the last time we saw it at the Poly. I was really bummed out since the water pageant came to the Poly, but it was at the same time as Wishes so the music was for Wishes. It was a bit weird to have pageant run without its music.

chemnerd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:51 PM   #7
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemnerd09 View Post
I would also check the time to see when Wishes is occurring at the Magic Kingdom. Every time we go to WDW I have to see the Electric water parade and the last time we saw it at the Poly. I was really bummed out since the water pageant came to the Poly, but it was at the same time as Wishes so the music was for Wishes. It was a bit weird to have pageant run without its music.
It's next Saturday: "Night of Joy" so no Wishes. We plan to spend the day at TL, shower up, & head to CR for dinner.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: