Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2014, 05:08 PM   #1081
jsgrand0
Mouseketeer

Was thinking the madness would have died down by now! On hold to upgrade to regular dining plan!
Old 05-09-2014, 05:46 PM   #1082
jsgrand0
Mouseketeer

Holy cow!!! Just booked a 3rd room for Oct 3...then was talking to Disney and the rep was shocked! Before I even mentioned it, he told me there was no more availability for those dates!
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2014, 08:44 PM   #1083
DisneyMommyMichelle
I'm a TP nerd!
John Travolta = YUMMY!!
Have to let the banana dance
Thanks everyone for making me feel normal today!
Dork here I know!

It was INSANE! I was on the phone 5 to 6 on the day they released to the public. I was then on hold for THREE HOURS! During those three hours my husband was trying as well but never once got through. At 3 hours and 5 minutes the agent picked up and HUNG UP ON ME!!!! My anger was sooooo out of control after all that time and then I started crying, knowing that I would have to wait that long again. During that time my husband got through but was put on hold.....for another 2 hours. FIVE HOURS on hold and we finally got it. GEEZ! I think my time was worth more. Hahaha!

Just a Rebel Homeschooler I guess....
DisneyMommyMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:55 PM   #1084
practicallyperfect77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMommyMichelle
It was INSANE! I was on the phone 5 to 6 on the day they released to the public. I was then on hold for THREE HOURS! During those three hours my husband was trying as well but never once got through. At 3 hours and 5 minutes the agent picked up and HUNG UP ON ME!!!! My anger was sooooo out of control after all that time and then I started crying, knowing that I would have to wait that long again. During that time my husband got through but was put on hold.....for another 2 hours. FIVE HOURS on hold and we finally got it. GEEZ! I think my time was worth more. Hahaha!
Yowsers! I would have cried too.
practicallyperfect77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:49 PM   #1085
tink2007
DIS Veteran

I've already booked the discounted room rate using my DV for this fall. I did not inquire about free dining because we will be part time Florida residents starting this summer. I was planning on purchasing Florida season passes. My friend told me that I could add our tickets onto our reservation so we could qualify for free dining. Then upgrade to season passes when we get there and just pay the difference. Is this true? If so, do I have to pay the full balance or can I do the payment plan for the season passes?
2005 - Wilderness Lodge
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2010 - All Star Movies
2011 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2012 - All Star Sports
2013 - Coronado Springs Resort
2013 - Marriott's Harbour Lake
2013 - All Star Sports
2013 - Disney Cruise - Dream
2014 - Disney All Star Music
2014 - Fort Wilderness
2014 - Art of Animation
2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2014 - Disney Cruise - Wonder
tink2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:08 AM   #1086
SuperDan523
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink2007 View Post
I've already booked the discounted room rate using my DV for this fall. I did not inquire about free dining because we will be part time Florida residents starting this summer. I was planning on purchasing Florida season passes. My friend told me that I could add our tickets onto our reservation so we could qualify for free dining. Then upgrade to season passes when we get there and just pay the difference. Is this true? If so, do I have to pay the full balance or can I do the payment plan for the season passes?
Yes you can upgrade your package tickets to an AP. Make sure you use them at a major park's gate at least once before you do the upgrade, and if they don't mention price bridging ask about it. Disney recently announced they'll no longer be bridging prices from third party authorized sellers, but they should still do it for their own tickets. Also, make sure the full gate value of your ticket is less than the AP you intend to buy.

Since you mentioned you'll be a part-time resident, I'll remind you that for Florida resident tickets or APs you need to have a Florida state ID or drivers license (or a military ID and evidence you are stationed at a Florida base) when you do the upgrade. If your ID is from your other state, no Florida resident pricing.
SuperDan523 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: