Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-28-2014, 04:43 PM   #376
granath
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 21

Possible Free Disney Dining for Fall 2014

It looks like the consensus is that the Fall free dining plan (if they have this year) doesn't start until early October. Is that right? We arrive on September 27, so that's a bummer!
granath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:50 PM   #377
jsgrand0
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 452

I am on the fence about where to vacation this year...as planning universal, but coming out mor expensive than I'd hoped (would only stay at one of the 3 deluxe that offer the express pass, and they are expensive!) ..A good deal from Disney may tip the scales.
__________________
jsgrand0 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-30-2014, 05:07 PM   #378
LisaTC
DIS Veteran
 
LisaTC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,540

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgrand0 View Post
I am on the fence about where to vacation this year...as planning universal, but coming out mor expensive than I'd hoped (would only stay at one of the 3 deluxe that offer the express pass, and they are expensive!) ..A good deal from Disney may tip the scales.
I've found this as well...in pricing WDW, Univ or Disneyland, WDW doesn't price out too badly for us in the end. DL was suprisingly expensive and staying on prop for Univ was pretty pricey, though, the hotels are awesome!
__________________
(ME) (DH) (DD10)


LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:12 PM   #379
jsgrand0
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC

I've found this as well...in pricing WDW, Univ or Disneyland, WDW doesn't price out too badly for us in the end. DL was suprisingly expensive and staying on prop for Univ was pretty pricey, though, the hotels are awesome!
Yes, the hotels are a big part of why I'd rather go there!! The pools and all look awesome and my then 13-year-old daughter would LOVE the teen spa! Of course, I'd love to do both, but that is the most expensive option!
__________________
jsgrand0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:39 PM   #380
BelleTink
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 20

I'm also hoping for an October deal at Disney! (I'm splitting my stay b/w Disney & Universal this year, so every extra dollar helps).

jsgrand- for the teen spa, do you mean the Mandara Spa at the Portofino Bay? Last time I was there I asked about other Mandara locations and I'm *almost* positive they listed the Disney Swan/Dolphin. They probably offer the same services if it's something she'd really like.
BelleTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:38 PM   #381
jsgrand0
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleTink
I'm also hoping for an October deal at Disney! (I'm splitting my stay b/w Disney & Universal this year, so every extra dollar helps).

jsgrand- for the teen spa, do you mean the Mandara Spa at the Portofino Bay? Last time I was there I asked about other Mandara locations and I'm *almost* positive they listed the Disney Swan/Dolphin. They probably offer the same services if it's something she'd really like.
It is Mandara, and it says it is their Y-spa program. Not sure if they all offer it. I like the idea it is on - site (Walking distance) but I wouldn't stay at Swan/Dolphin...am hoping to stay at WL!
__________________
jsgrand0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:18 PM   #382
LisaTC
DIS Veteran
 
LisaTC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,540

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleTink View Post
I'm also hoping for an October deal at Disney! (I'm splitting my stay b/w Disney & Universal this year, so every extra dollar helps). jsgrand- for the teen spa, do you mean the Mandara Spa at the Portofino Bay? Last time I was there I asked about other Mandara locations and I'm *almost* positive they listed the Disney Swan/Dolphin. They probably offer the same services if it's something she'd really like.
Ooohhhh, I'd love to hear about your plans - you can PM me. I'm contemplating this, have never been to US or IOA. Thinking a 1-2 das only ??-- pretty sure DD would like IOA best. Thanks!
__________________
(ME) (DH) (DD10)


LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:29 PM   #383
carlacv
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 57

Free dining in December?

we have reservations for the end of September from our bounceback offer. But we might have to postpone it till December. Can anyone remember if there was free dining last year? If so, when was it announced?


Thank you,

carlacv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:04 PM   #384
rebelbuddhist
Mouseketeer
 
rebelbuddhist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Rogers, AR
Posts: 225

Yes, there was free Dining last Dec. It ended Dec 20th, the day we arrived.... Can't remember exactly when it was announced but it seems it was in late August or early Sept. It was great to get it for our entire 10 day trip!!!! We are hoping for the same deal and dates this coming Dec, 2014!
rebelbuddhist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:51 PM   #385
santinosmommy
Earning My Ears
 
santinosmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 9

For arrivals most nights 8/25–10/2/13,
10/18–10/31/13, 11/11–11/23/13,
11/30–12/4/13 and 12/15–12/22/13.

this was the email I received last year for free dining. hope it helps
santinosmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:59 PM   #386
a*lil*bit*goofy
If only I had a brain! :O/
Oh wow now i am even more excited for the odd nights
 
a*lil*bit*goofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,684

based on the year so far, it is really looking like Free Dining is back to September. AT least so far. Always hopeful, but...

edited to add: sorry this was to be a reply to carlacy
__________________
(ME!) (DD age 10) : (DS age 13)(SO)(Brother)(DB girlfriend) (Grandy)
a*lil*bit*goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:39 PM   #387
BelleTink
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post
Ooohhhh, I'd love to hear about your plans - you can PM me. I'm contemplating this, have never been to US or IOA. Thinking a 1-2 das only ??-- pretty sure DD would like IOA best. Thanks!
I'm still too new to PM...but I'm almost there! You'll hear from me soon
BelleTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:07 AM   #388
oldtink
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*lil*bit*goofy View Post
based on the year so far, it is really looking like Free Dining is back to September. AT least so far. Always hopeful, but...

edited to add: sorry this was to be a reply to carlacy
Yeup, we are sitting tight and waiting too. We have budgeted for the trip either way, and it's not like they won't get the money back some other way since we will be there for F&W but every penny helps.
oldtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:59 PM   #389
DisneyMommyMichelle
I'm a TP nerd!
John Travolta = YUMMY!!
Have to let the banana dance
Thanks everyone for making me feel normal today!
Dork here I know!
 
DisneyMommyMichelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Rockford, IL but oh how i wish it was WDW!
Posts: 26,393

We are booked to go, but still hoping for FD!
__________________
My husband and I were married in WDW on 9-2-2004!

Just a Rebel Homeschooler I guess....
2013 Reading Challenge 257 out of 250
DisneyMommyMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #390
carlys13
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 37

It's April!!!.....
Anybody hear anything or able to speculate when we may get news about FD?
carlys13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: