Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2014, 11:32 AM   #301
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

There are more room discounts coming out tomorrow for Disney Visa holders...Monday for the public.

They cover dates from June 15 - August 28.

As I've been saying, I don't look for free dining outside of September. While technically they could start on August 29 (and be great if they did), that's Labor Day weekend and usually the last peak of attendance before the crowd level plummets for most of September. Releasing free dining on the 1st would fall in line after the "weekenders" have checked out. Plus there's Halloween Parties on August 29 and September 1st as well.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:31 PM   #302
DisneyDiana!
Earning My Ears

What do you think are our chances of snagging free dining for dates after Labor day and before Thanksgiving? I remember the 1st week of Dec was blocked out last year...
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2014, 05:52 PM   #303
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

For Sept/last week of August, high, through the end of Sept. From the first week of Food and Wine through Columbus Day weekend, low. October through to the 31st, moderate. First and second week of November, low. Thanksgiving week, from the Thursday before to the Tuesday after... None. After that through mid-december... Moderate.

Unless you're staying at a value. Then I'd not bank on FD, but getting free Memory Makers instead. All of the recent limited FD deals have excluded the values.
11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Next trip: 11/2014 ~ Wine and Dine Half 5th Anniversary

°o°Find Me on Flickr°o°My Blog - The Disney Chef°o°
Tropical Wilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:55 PM   #304
mejo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Wilds View Post
For Sept/last week of August, high, through the end of Sept. From the first week of Food and Wine through Columbus Day weekend, low. October through to the 31st, moderate. First and second week of November, low. Thanksgiving week, from the Thursday before to the Tuesday after... None. After that through mid-december... Moderate. Unless you're staying at a value. Then I'd not bank on FD, but getting free Memory Makers instead. All of the recent limited FD deals have excluded the values.
I got free dining at a value last sept and booked a bb with free dining for this sept at a value, so I'm not sure when they were excluded

mejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:04 PM   #305
SPOERLX3
DIS Veteran

I have never seen the Values excluded.
We stayed at POP in January and September last year with Free Dining.
It was the QS free dining but we had the option to pay and upgrade to the full service or deluxe dining plan.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:39 PM   #306
donp
Mouseketeer

It does look like things will be lining up for FD in September again--this is the same pattern as last year as I recall with the room discount ending on the end of August, and the September FD starting the 2nd of September. With the BB offers as well, I suspect that FD is not completely dead yet (maybe just "mostly" dead!) We have only stayed at POR with the FD. This year, we are booked for POFQ--has that ever been excluded that anyone recalls?
donp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:49 PM   #307
a*lil*bit*goofy
If only I had a brain! :O/
Oh wow now i am even more excited for the odd nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by donp View Post
It does look like things will be lining up for FD in September again--this is the same pattern as last year as I recall with the room discount ending on the end of August, and the September FD starting the 2nd of September. With the BB offers as well, I suspect that FD is not completely dead yet (maybe just "mostly" dead!) We have only stayed at POR with the FD. This year, we are booked for POFQ--has that ever been excluded that anyone recalls?
What do you mean FD 'not dead yet, mostly dead'? Has WDW said that they were going to reduce or eliminate the FD offers?

Back from Oct 2014 trip...Where we were engaged, and brother and fiance were too!
a*lil*bit*goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:13 PM   #308
oldtink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Wilds View Post
For Sept/last week of August, high, through the end of Sept. From the first week of Food and Wine through Columbus Day weekend, low. October through to the 31st, moderate. First and second week of November, low. Thanksgiving week, from the Thursday before to the Tuesday after... None. After that through mid-december... Moderate.

Unless you're staying at a value. Then I'd not bank on FD, but getting free Memory Makers instead. All of the recent limited FD deals have excluded the values.
Doesn't F&W start the middle of Sept? I thought the official date was the 19th with a soft opening on Thursday the 18th? So you think there is a strong chance for only two weeks???
oldtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:50 PM   #309
donp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*lil*bit*goofy View Post
What do you mean FD 'not dead yet, mostly dead'? Has WDW said that they were going to reduce or eliminate the FD offers?
No, just responding to the general banter surrounding FD and people's suspicions that it is going away. I have not seen anything in print from Disney.
donp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:28 AM   #310
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mejo View Post
I got free dining at a value last sept and booked a bb with free dining for this sept at a value, so I'm not sure when they were excluded
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOERLX3 View Post
I have never seen the Values excluded.
We stayed at POP in January and September last year with Free Dining.
It was the QS free dining but we had the option to pay and upgrade to the full service or deluxe dining plan.
They were excluded this spring with the limited Free Dining offers that took place. They got Memory Makers, everybody else quietly got a small window of FD.

When I've stayed at Pop, traditionally when FD came out, I got it too, but this year so far, to my knowledge, the Values have gotten Memory Makers, not any FD offers, outside of people using PINs possibly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*lil*bit*goofy View Post
Disney has already severely reduced FD offers. Last year, they offered it a fraction of what they had in years past. And they advised TA's that they should start discussing the benefits of Stay, Play, Dine as that was going to be an increasingly common standard replacement for their general discounts and deals there.

Remember, Free Dine used to be just one month a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtink View Post
Doesn't F&W start the middle of Sept? I thought the official date was the 19th with a soft opening on Thursday the 18th? So you think there is a strong chance for only two weeks???
I think it'll start mid-late August, maybe cover that first weekend of Food and WIne, but be done by the end of Sept as they have a major event (Tower of Terror 10 Miler) and a holiday weekend (Columbus Day) all coming up, and some schools have breaks around that time. They usually black out dates that involve that level of built-in attendance from events, holidays, etc.
11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Next trip: 11/2014 ~ Wine and Dine Half 5th Anniversary

°o°Find Me on Flickr°o°My Blog - The Disney Chef°o°

Last edited by Tropical Wilds; 03-13-2014 at 09:37 AM.
Tropical Wilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:09 AM   #311
ammama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by donp View Post
We stayed at POFQ with FD in Sept 2012.

ammama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:27 PM   #312
oldtink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammama View Post
We stayed at POFQ with FD in Sept 2012.
Our TA told us that the only time POFQ is left off is the resort discounts. They don't seem to have a problem filling the smallest resort so they are left off. That she says doesn't happen with FD though, so here's crossing fingers for our Sept trip!
oldtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:47 PM   #313
a*lil*bit*goofy
If only I had a brain! :O/
Oh wow now i am even more excited for the odd nights

Quote:
Disney has already severely reduced FD offers. Last year, they offered it a fraction of what they had in years past. And they advised TA's that they should start discussing the benefits of Stay, Play, Dine as that was going to be an increasingly common standard replacement for their general discounts and deals there.

Remember, Free Dine used to be just one month a year.
What is the Stay Play Dine?

Back from Oct 2014 trip...Where we were engaged, and brother and fiance were too!
a*lil*bit*goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:54 PM   #314
SPOERLX3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
There are more room discounts coming out tomorrow for Disney Visa holders...Monday for the public.

They cover dates from June 15 - August 28.

As I've been saying, I don't look for free dining outside of September. While technically they could start on August 29 (and be great if they did), that's Labor Day weekend and usually the last peak of attendance before the crowd level plummets for most of September. Releasing free dining on the 1st would fall in line after the "weekenders" have checked out. Plus there's Halloween Parties on August 29 and September 1st as well.
Black562, you seem to be a wealth of knowledge and I always look forward to seeing your insight since it is normally spot on
I agree with you that outside of PIN codes, I think free dining will be scarce outside of September. What are your thoughts, if FD is offered in September, when the offer will come out? Mid April? are you thinking all of September will have FD or limited weeks? I know each year is different but just wondering what your thoughts are about 2014?
Old 03-13-2014, 10:31 PM   #315
I<3theMouse
Mouseketeer

Following along! I'm really really hoping FD is avail in Nov, though it appears the thoughts I'm reading are it may be Sept only?
FD will be the difference in us staying onsite vs offsite.
Need some pixie dust for my 40th birthday trip!! Lol

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: