Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2014, 11:22 AM   #256
jcathey
Earning My Ears

free dinng for sept 2014

hi were going to Disney in sept 2014 and I was wondering has anyone heard if Disney is doing free dinning?
jcathey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:49 PM   #257
jlynnbnet
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcathey View Post
hi were going to Disney in sept 2014 and I was wondering has anyone heard if Disney is doing free dinning?
We are going in Sept as well. Our agent said free dining won't be released until late spring to mid summer.
Hope that helps
jlynnbnet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2014, 02:12 PM   #258
sbarisch
Mouseketeer

Fall discounts

Last year they were released in the beginning of May.
sbarisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:49 PM   #259
oldtink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
Your travel agent is misinformed. In the past it has worked that if free dining starts before or on the first day of your trip that you would have it for your entire stay, up to 14 nights. If it starts part way through your stay, you would have to do a split stay and apply the free dining to your reservation after its start date and regular rates for the previous nights.
Yes, my agent said there is ALOT of shifting already. We have the last two days of Sept booked into October, so that if there is FD, we can lock on for our trip. If it ends earlier, we can move a week earlier. If there is FD, she will land it.
oldtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:54 PM   #260
SGMCO
Vintage Style is Sweet--Rumbleseat Fashions

Also waiting to book our September Trip. The more people to book the less likely Disney will offer FD. If the rooms are already booked there will be no need to offer FD to fill the rooms, so people don't book!!! This messes up the chances of a discount.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #261
AKies47
Earning My Ears

I think it's safe to say free dining won't be available for my Aug. 24-29 at CSR as it didn't start until Sept. 2 in '13, I don't see why Disney would bring it back into August. I originally had my hopes up, but have basically ruled it out now.

I suppose it's possible to receive a free dining bounce back offer from my stay this May '14, but I've noticed the majority of bounce backs tend to be for Room Only discounts?? And as that stands the current Memory Maker + 15% actually saves me more (was planning on getting the MM regardless).
2010 May - Grand Floridian
2011 August - Port Orleans: French Quarter
2014 May - Beach Club
2014 August - Wilderness Lodge
2015 November - Coronado Springs

AKies47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:28 PM   #262
j71
Earning My Ears

Hi...Just a quick question...?

Hello Disney Kids,

I wasn't sure where to put this question and didn't feel the need to start a whole new thread....so, here is our story....

We last visited Disney in Nov 12....We haven't thought much about visiting again.........until just recently.....

Its Feb 10th.....Its cold as heck in NJ, More SNOW coming soon, We need to leave for Disney and were late, waaaaaay behind as we usually plan things out, well in advance....

I was hoping to get your feedback on visiting in May 14 & Any FREE Dining that may already be available or is rumored to be available??

Our last two stays have included Free dining and has made the trip much more financially pleasing for our family of 5...

So, there it is....what can you tell me about free dining in May or room discounts, anything to save a dollar....

Kynd Thanks,
Your friends in NJ.
j71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:35 PM   #263
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by j71 View Post
Hello Disney Kids, I wasn't sure where to put this question and didn't feel the need to start a whole new thread....so, here is our story.... We last visited Disney in Nov 12....We haven't thought much about visiting again.........until just recently..... Its Feb 10th.....Its cold as heck in NJ, More SNOW coming soon, We need to leave for Disney and were late, waaaaaay behind as we usually plan things out, well in advance.... I was hoping to get your feedback on visiting in May 14 & Any FREE Dining that may already be available or is rumored to be available?? Our last two stays have included Free dining and has made the trip much more financially pleasing for our family of 5... So, there it is....what can you tell me about free dining in May or room discounts, anything to save a dollar.... Kynd Thanks, Your friends in NJ.
I am May 2014! Unfortunately free dining hasn't been offered and I haven't heard any rumors of it being offered in May either. I was able to use the room discount + free day of tickets promo that's being offered for my dates.

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
April 27-28, 2009: All Star Music Resort - Country Western Area
This was our quick-take-a-Disney-vacation-to-get-a-feel-of-what-it's-like-before-we-have-kids-to-drag-along trip.
Planning in Progress:
May 4-10, 2014: Coronado Springs Resort
This is our the-kids-are-only-little-for-so-long-so-lets-make-this-as-magical-and-as-awesome-as-possible trip.
KaLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:04 AM   #264
Liberty Belle
I was going to reply, but I see I already did...three years ago!
Hey, I warned you. Now go have a drink. It's the only thing that takes it away
Makes sleestack noises when her throat itches

We are tentatively planning a visit from September 28th to October 4th. If free dining is for September, will that extend to our October days?

DH: Me: DS (20): DS(10):
(Hunter) (Leo) (Anatevka) : (Cookie)
Liberty Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:32 AM   #265
Cdn Mickey
Earning My Ears

We are planing September 13-20ish, hoping to hear around May.
When we went in 2012 we booked around then
Fingers crossed group of 15 going for Wedding Anniversary/birthdays
Cdn Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:52 PM   #266
DonoMoose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Belle View Post
We are tentatively planning a visit from September 28th to October 4th. If free dining is for September, will that extend to our October days?
If it runs until the 28th and your very first day of check in is the 28th than yes, your in!

9/13(POP) 3/13(AKL) 3/09(Pop) 3/07 (ASM)
9/06(Pop) 04(OP)

ME DH DS11 DS2 DD8
DonoMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:33 PM   #267
malorieg86
Earning My Ears

How do you know if you have a bounce back offer?? How close to your last trip do you have to travel to get one of these offers??

malorieg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:05 AM   #268
oldtink
Mouseketeer

I just called Disney because we have moved since our last trip 18 months ago and some of our email has not been getting through, so wanted to make sure there wasn't any pins waiting for me.
A Bounce back is only offered while you are staying at the resort (according to the happy gentleman).

There were no pin codes for our account but he said any FD will be announced sometime in April or May, and at this point he said there is a good possibility there will be something. He couldn't say when or what, but ......
oldtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:22 AM   #269
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Question

Disney has annoucned that the Epcot Food & Wine Festival for 2014 has been moved up one week, starting on 9/19/2014. I wonder if this change will mean the death of free dining for September?
crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:40 PM   #270
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You can book a bounceback offer for a future stay only while you are still at a WDW resort. Once you leave the resort, you're not eliglble.

You must receive a PIN (or have one on your account, which is why people call to ask) to use one.

As for a general public offer in May, don't count on it. There has only been one that included any dates in May, and it was the end of May.

Quote:
If September 28 counts as a check-in date for the promotion, then it will apply to your full stay. If the last possible check-in date is the 27th, it won't apply to any of your stay unless you book two reservations.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: