Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2014, 03:38 PM   #1
rteetz
DIS Veteran

A new rumor has been brought up at Epcot. As many of us already know Tom Fitzgerald has taken over creative leadership at Epcot recently and he is just finishing Ratatouille at Disneyland Paris. Well these new rumors suggest a new ride will be coming to epcot in the France pavilion this being the new ratatouille ride that will be opening July 10th in Paris. This ride also has a connecting restaurant. who knows that may come along with it as well. This ride is supposedly using the same trackless technology that is in mystic manor in hong kong. This is just a rumor at this point but if it becomes true that would be great for Epcot.

Last edited by rteetz; 05-10-2014 at 11:13 PM.
rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:43 PM   #2
OnSpaceshipEarth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
A new rumor has been brought up at Epcot. As many of us already know Tom Fitzgerald has taken over creative leadership at Epcot recently and he is just finishing Ratatouille at Disneyland Paris. Well these new rumors suggest a new ride will be coming to epcot in the France pavilion this being the new ratatouille ride that will be opening July 10th. This ride also has a connecting restaurant. who knows that may come along with it as well. This ride is supposedly using the same trackless technology that is in mystic manor in hong kong. This is just a rumor at this point but if it becomes true that would be great for Epcot.
That would be great for EPCOT...but where would they put it? I don't think there's enough space in the France pavilion, is there?
OnSpaceshipEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2014, 04:30 PM   #3
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnSpaceshipEarth View Post
That would be great for EPCOT...but where would they put it? I don't think there's enough space in the France pavilion, is there?
Sure, there's space. They just need to use some more of the back-stage area (i.e. push out the back wall) or just add on in the vacant plot next to it.

However, I'm wondering why this place pavilion needs a 4th restaurant. And two attractions (or will the present movie go away?)
Old 05-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #4
sndral
DIS Veteran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD7kBhRU2n0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnSpaceshipEarth View Post
I'm not sure how much space the ride alone would need - the 'land' w/ new restaurant, gift shop & ride in DL France looks big,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHaaupLOsYA
but the ride alone might fit in the space next door between France and Morocco.
http://wikitravel.org/en/File:Map_-_...cot_-_park.png
http://www.yesterland.com/worldshowcase.html
Old 05-10-2014, 05:01 PM   #5
disney meema
DIS Veteran

Epcot could use more rides, and I love this idea. If they add a frozen ride to Norway and then this one in France it would really be fabulous ... Hoping this happens : )
disney meema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #6
OnSpaceshipEarth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney meema View Post
Epcot could use more rides, and I love this idea. If they add a frozen ride to Norway and then this one in France it would really be fabulous ... Hoping this happens : )
Ratatouille in France would be crazy-great! If they added this *plus* gave desperately needed attention to Future World...EPCOT could really be hoppin' again. It's the park with the highest capacity for guests, so it makes sense for Disney to really focus on it.
OnSpaceshipEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:10 PM   #7
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Are you saying that a new ride they haven't even started building yet will open in Epcot July 10th? Or do you mean the one in DLP? Was a bit confusing in your post...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:16 PM   #8
luisov
Mouseketeer

That would be great. Personally I'm not against the idea of adding more Disney to Epcot, although I understand that it is a big deal for some people. I would love a trackless ride at WDW (God, it's incredible that America doesn't have one of those yet).

Bring it on.
luisov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:13 PM   #9
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Are you saying that a new ride they haven't even started building yet will open in Epcot July 10th? Or do you mean the one in DLP? Was a bit confusing in your post...
fixed that thanks

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:53 AM   #10
Vito
Looking for Imagination!

Personally I am not sure I like either Idea.

With Ratatouille and brining a clone would be very great addition....but I think they need to bring some of the effects and trackless ride system of Mystic Manor to Imagination and bring it back to an E ticket status then adding one to France.

Originally I loved the idea of the Maelstrom getting a Frozen overlay but the ride is quite short and as sea vessels were present in the movie it really doesn't feel like the right ride system to bring Frozen to life (after all the water was frozen).....I also do love the Maelstrom ride but if they update it with the current system I would rather see it just redone as Norway.....OOORR gutted out, expanded and better ride system for a Frozen overlay.

World showcase is great as it is, the real work needs to happen in future world to bring epcot back...

but any of these are feasible and wouldn't upset me...just figure it needs to be focused elsewhere. I miss how awesome Epcot was and how it could again be!

Last edited by Vito; 05-11-2014 at 02:55 AM. Reason: added a line.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:44 AM   #11
ErinTwinmom
Earning My Ears

I never expected a whole frozen overlay. I do suspect that eventually they will add A scene with the frozen trolls.
ErinTwinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:51 AM   #12
Disneyworld Kirk
Earning My Ears

Quote:
That would be great. Personally I'm not against the idea of adding more Disney to Epcot, although I understand that it is a big deal for some people. I would love a trackless ride at WDW (God, it's incredible that America doesn't have one of those yet).
Actually, Ghostwood Estates at Kennywood Park in Pittsburgh is a trackless haunted ride. It's pretty cool.
2000-All Star Movies
2002-All Star Music
2003-Carribean Beach Resort (HONEYMOON!!!)
2005-Pop Century
2009-Pop Century
2011-Wilderness Lodge
2013-Wilderness Lodge
2013-Pop Century (10th ANNIVERSARY!!!)
2014-Pop Century
Disneyworld Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:51 AM   #13
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Isn't Tower of Terror technically trackless? And Great Movie Ride? I believe they follow guides but do not run on track rails...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:04 AM   #14
luisov
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyworld Kirk View Post
Actually, Ghostwood Estates at Kennywood Park in Pittsburgh is a trackless haunted ride. It's pretty cool.
I was thinking of Disney parks in America. We kind of need one of those

And sure, Tower of Terror has a trackless bit, but if I recall, there's nothink like Tokyo DL's Hunny Hunt ride or Mystic Manor at Hong Kong at either Disney park in America. You know, something that would allow much more freedom in regards of vehicle movement.
luisov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:05 PM   #15
WDWChloe
WDW Annual Passholder

July 10th of THIS year? Im an impatient person when it comes to new attractions, but isn't this a little too soon?

IG: @chloelovesdisney
WDWChloe is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: