Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
Dislover1991
DIS Veteran

How do our dining plans look?

Since we are going the week before Christmas, all the prices are a bit higher and after spending a TON on food on our last trip, we decided we needed to really budget on this trip

We're staying at BWV so on days we don't have a breakfast ADR, we plan to just eat oatmeal or something from the Boardwalk Bakery.

12/15 - snack/small lunch at Les Halles, early dinner at Garden Grill (CP package)

12/16 - lunch at Backlot Express or Starring Rolls (haven't decided - suggestions?), dinner at Sci FI

12/17 - Ohana breakfast, late lunch/early dinner at either Contempo Cafe or Roaring Fork (not sure which one)

12/18 - Kouzzina breakfast, dinner at Earl of Sandwich

12/19 - lunch at Kringla Bakeri, dinner at Sunshine Seasons (this is our budget day! )

12/20 - Kona Cafe breakfast, dinner at Cosmic Ray's

12/21 - breakfast at Olivia's Cafe, late lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express before heading home

We are paying OOP for all - the dining plan probably wouldn't save us any money considering we usually order water when out to eat and we don't always order dessert.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
Melanie B
DIS Veteran

Looks good to me.

There is a free dining offer going on up until Dec 22nd. Might be worth checking out to save you some additional money

Feb 2015 Port Orleans French Quarter
Nov 2013 All Star Music
July 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Aug 2010 Caribbean Beach
Melanie B is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #3
Dislover1991
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie B View Post
Looks good to me.

There is a free dining offer going on up until Dec 22nd. Might be worth checking out to save you some additional money
We called about that and since we booked BWV through RCI, we would have to pay about $60 a day per person for the standard dining plan so we decided against it...especially since 2 of us may split meals at some places.

Thank you though!!
Old 08-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #4
Kelleigh710
Mouseketeer

The only one I would question is Kouzinna for breakfast. When I was there in May the service was super, and I mean super, slow. there was hardly anyone there but the waitstaff was nowhere to be found. For us, the menu wasn't very good. However, if you walk on over to the Dolphin, there is a restaurant called FRESH with one of the most amazing and little known breakfast buffets in Disney (you can also order off the menu). It's local to BWV so you can easily walk it. I would check it out. If you are on the dining plan and need to use a table service credit, another great option is the Captain's Grill for breakfast at the Yacht Club. Thye also have a buffet or you can order off the menu
11/2013 Dolphin/BLT ~ 11/2014 BLT
Just me and DH
Kelleigh710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
NicoleLarson
DIS Veteran

If you are looking at saving money, you could switch your kona res and eat at capt cooks instead ( if Tonga toast is what you are going for). Its about half price, plus no tip.
NicoleLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #6
Haygar2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislover1991
Since we are going the week before Christmas, all the prices are a bit higher and after spending a TON on food on our last trip, we decided we needed to really budget on this trip

We're staying at BWV so on days we don't have a breakfast ADR, we plan to just eat oatmeal or something from the Boardwalk Bakery.

12/15 - snack/small lunch at Les Halles, early dinner at Garden Grill (CP package)

12/16 - lunch at Backlot Express or Starring Rolls (haven't decided - suggestions?), dinner at Sci FI

12/17 - Ohana breakfast, late lunch/early dinner at either Contempo Cafe or Roaring Fork (not sure which one)

12/18 - Kouzzina breakfast, dinner at Earl of Sandwich

12/19 - lunch at Kringla Bakeri, dinner at Sunshine Seasons (this is our budget day! )

12/20 - Kona Cafe breakfast, dinner at Cosmic Ray's

12/21 - breakfast at Olivia's Cafe, late lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express before heading home

We are paying OOP for all - the dining plan probably wouldn't save us any money considering we usually order water when out to eat and we don't always order dessert.
We were not impresses with Cosmic Ray's. For us, it was mediocre, at best. I know you are paying OOP,, but look into The Liberty Tree Tavern. The food is delicious, we thought so anyway. You could always eat a late lunch there and it shouldn't be much more than Cosmic Ray's.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #7
Haygar2
Mouseketeer

We LOVE Earl of Sandwich. That is a great choice. Another QS in MK, that is supposed to be good, is Columbia Harbour House. It got very good reviews. That's where we are headed for our QS.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #8
Dislover1991
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelleigh710 View Post
The only one I would question is Kouzinna for breakfast. When I was there in May the service was super, and I mean super, slow. there was hardly anyone there but the waitstaff was nowhere to be found. For us, the menu wasn't very good. However, if you walk on over to the Dolphin, there is a restaurant called FRESH with one of the most amazing and little known breakfast buffets in Disney (you can also order off the menu). It's local to BWV so you can easily walk it. I would check it out. If you are on the dining plan and need to use a table service credit, another great option is the Captain's Grill for breakfast at the Yacht Club. Thye also have a buffet or you can order off the menu
If service is slow, we don't mind too much because that's the day after MVMCP and we're considering that our "relaxing day". We just plan on walking around the Boardwalk and heading out to DD later.

I've heard of FRESH but didn't know much about it. I'll have to google the menu now & check out some reviews. Thanks!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: