Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
SDTeaGirl
Mouseketeer

? About DDP....

we got the DP that has 1 QS, 1 TS and 1 Snack per person per day- we have all the TS figured out- my ? is about the QS- it will be me, DH and DD-9yrs old- do you get a desert for each one of the QS meal (other than bfast)? Also I am not a big eater- can I or my DD get a QS meal and share? and save the credit for another day or time? I have tried to download the DDP online but it doesn't work for me. Would love to know. Thanks
Old 08-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Yes, you get a dessert with all meals except breakfast.

Yes, you can share.
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
SDTeaGirl
Mouseketeer

Since we can share- does it show up that they will be some many adult QS and so many child QS?
Old 08-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #4
happyleesh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDTeaGirl View Post
Since we can share- does it show up that they will be some many adult QS and so many child QS?
Credits are assigned per room, so if you were to share, the other adult and child in your party could go sit down, you would take your KTTW card up and order one adult meal and one kid's meal, they would deduct those two credits from your total room credit allowance and it's as simple as that! It will show up as XX adult meals, XX child meals, XX snacks.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #5
kaybird
DIS Veteran

Just to be clear, your credits are per nights stay, not per day.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #6
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDTeaGirl View Post
CS credits are not seperated into adult and child credits, but the child must order from the children's menu (where available).

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
Old 08-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #7
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyleesh View Post

Credits are assigned per room, so if you were to share, the other adult and child in your party could go sit down, you would take your KTTW card up and order one adult meal and one kid's meal, they would deduct those two credits from your total room credit allowance and it's as simple as that! It will show up as XX adult meals, XX child meals, XX snacks.
It wouldn't show the number of child QS meals only how many QS meals there are, you have to keep tab of the QS part yourself as the computer doesn't know the difference

Me 29,DH 33,DS 12, DS"Twins"9
Old 08-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #8
alc571
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea View Post

It wouldn't show the number of child QS meals only how many QS meals there are, you have to keep tab of the QS part yourself as the computer doesn't know the difference
So, my question is, if the computer doesn't know the difference, why do you have to keep tabs? Meaning, if my son and I go sit down and my husband goes and orders, what's to stop him from ordering three adult meals even if there are kids meals available? We only run into this scenario at a few restaurants, where our son can't find anything he likes on the kids menu. Also, it's pretty hard to share a kids meal if we have been sharing adult meals along the way. Just curious - thanks!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #9
zy144622
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alc571 View Post

So, my question is, if the computer doesn't know the difference, why do you have to keep tabs? Meaning, if my son and I go sit down and my husband goes and orders, what's to stop him from ordering three adult meals even if there are kids meals available? We only run into this scenario at a few restaurants, where our son can't find anything he likes on the kids menu. Also, it's pretty hard to share a kids meal if we have been sharing adult meals along the way. Just curious - thanks!
This is sorta possible. The catch is ages will be on your KTTW card. You would be allowed to order 2 adult CS meals and bank the third meal for another time. Or after getting 2 adults meals you could return to the counter and order another adult meal.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #10
alc571
DIS Veteran

So, if one of us was always sharing, we could essentially use them all as adult meals?

ie. DH doesn't eat breakfast, and I'm not a big lunch fan (rather eat a big breakfast and an early dinner), so we could get two adult breakfasts and two lunches and we wouldn't get stuck with a bunch of kids meals at the end?
Old 08-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #11
FrostedSteph
Earning My Ears

Unhappy

The only exception I have found to this is at Sunshine Seasons inside the Land Pavilion at Epcot. They do not allow you to purchase adult meals with your child's quick service entitlement. They were VERY strict about this the last time we were there.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:09 PM   #12
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Why not just claim he is 10? Then you are covered and he has far better options than the kid menu even at the ts.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #13
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I am closing this now because it is clear the discussion is now about using the children's credits for adult meals, and since Disney has specifically asked that guests not do that, this board has a policy of not discussing it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: