Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
melidy
Earning My Ears

Fantasmic length

Hi, I've been a 'lurker' of these boards for some time and I've tried using the search feature but cannot find an answer to my question:

I have decided against the Fantasmic meal package and was wondering about maybe making a resort ADR after Fantasmic. The show is scheduled for 7:30 - how long should I give between the show start and the meal? We are 3 adults so late meals are not a problem to us.

Also are there any resort TS locations you would recommend near-by HS? Preferably that accept the DDP.
melidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #2
Dislover1991
DIS Veteran

I last saw Fantasmic in April 2012 so unless they have changed the show, it didn't last any longer than 30 minutes.

Since you are right near Y&BC and Boardwalk, i'd suggest taking a boat to one of those resorts and eating dinner at one of them- maybe Flying Fish or Kouzzina. We went to ESPN Club and while the food was good, it's more about the "atmosphere" and i'm not a huge sports fan so I mainly focused on the food I've heard Kouzzina has a great menu though!
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
catne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melidy View Post
Hi, I've been a 'lurker' of these boards for some time and I've tried using the search feature but cannot find an answer to my question:

I have decided against the Fantasmic meal package and was wondering about maybe making a resort ADR after Fantasmic. The show is scheduled for 7:30 - how long should I give between the show start and the meal? We are 3 adults so late meals are not a problem to us.

Also are there any resort TS locations you would recommend near-by HS? Preferably that accept the DDP.
The show is 30 minutes. Depending on where you are sitting, it will take you 10-20 minutes to get from your seat to the bus/boat transporation area outside the park...then 10-30 minutes for transportation. So, I would suggest a 9:00 PM reservation. If you're driving your own car, could probably make it to Epcot resort area hotel by about 8:30.

Epcot resort area restaurants that take DDP...

ONE CREDIT PER ADULT
Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club(buffet, seafood/picnic type foods)
Kouzzina, Boardwalk Resort, Greek
ESPN-no reservations, so can be a long wait. Sports-bar type menu
Captain's Grille- Yacht Club, basic Disney restaurant menu; entrees: fish/chicken/steak/vegetarian offering

TWO CREDITS PER ADULT
Flying Fish at Boardwalk...upscale, fish, duck, steaks
Yachtsman Steakhouse at Yacht Club...upscale, steak house menu

Have been to all of these, some many times. Liked all except Kouzzina and Yachtsman Steakhouse. Kouzzina was terrible service (think it was the kitchen messing up, not the waiter...foods all came out at wrong time, and not at the same time.) Yachtsman--overpriced for medium-quality steaks...had better steaks at Captain's Grill (at 1/2 the price)
January (twice) & February 2014 SSR December 2013 POFQ October 2013 Off-site, September 2013,POFQ March 2013 AoA Feb 2013 POFQ Feb 2013 POFQ Jan 2013 Caribbean Beach Nov 2012 POFQ Sept 2012 BC May 2012 POFQ Mar 2012 POFQ Feb 2012 POFQ JAN 2012 AKL Oct 2011 Wilderness Lodge Sep 2011 POFQ Feb 2011 Pop Century Jan 2011 Pop CenturyNov 2010 CSR Sept 2010 Boardwalk May 2010 POFQ Jan 2010 BCV 2009 Sept & 2009 May POFQ 2009 Jan Contempo 2008 Sept Pop 2008 May POFQ 2007 May Poly 2000 May FW Cabin 1992 May off site 1990 May off site
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #4
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Fantasmic! is just under 30 minutes. Depending on where you're seated in the amphitheater I would allow up to 20 minutes to get out. If you're among the first to exit you can head to the Friendship boat and take it to the Epcot resorts. If the line for the boat is long you can follow the path on the edge of the waterway and walk to the Epcot resorts.

I would make a dinner reservation for no earlier than 9:00.

Of the restaurants on the dining plan in the Epcot resorts area, my favorite is Flying Fish (signature, 2 credits per person). The Potato Wrapped Snapper is excellent.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: