Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #1
jessicamouse
Mouseketeer

Stretching our credits?

Hello,

We will be enjoying FD this November, and I am wondering if it is possible for my husband and I to "split" a meal at a TS restaurant and only use 1 credit, instead of 2? Same idea for our kids, too. We are going to CRT for breakfast one day, and rather than completely skip out of a TS meal, we'd love to share a meal on two different days to compensate, but I don't know if that is allowed on the dining plan. I'm sure we can not do this at any of the buffets, but what about restaurants like Be Our Guest, Chefs de France and Mama Melrose, where you order off the menu?

Thanks!

jessicamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

The only place (other than buffets, family style and fixed price restaurants) where I am sure it is categorically not allowed is Via Napoli, which is extremely strict about the dining plan.
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
melissafox18
DIS Veteran

Is this your first time using DDP? When DH and I did DDP for the first time we were SO FULL after our TS meals that we wished we would have picked a 2 credit location. We were struggling to use up all of our QS meals after some big late lunches/early dinners.

Just my two cents. DH and I both love to eat but we were still more than full the entire trip.

If you are looking to share TS credits, I've seen people do it when we've been down there in the past. I know VN does have rules with their pizzas while on the dining plan.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #4
maplevale
Mouseketeer

I was under the impression you cannot do that on your TS credits on the dining plan.

You CAN however split your CS meals... and we were able to do that to make all our credits fulfill all the meals we were doing. DD and I woudl split a CS (therefor using only 2 CS credits for a dinner and giving us 1 'unused' for each meal). We used our snacks for DD for a meal (sometimes she only wanted Fries... no sense getting her a meal when that was all she would eat).

We had 2A 1C and 1 infant (no meal plan but she was eating table food and sharing all our meals) for 6 nights. We did 5 TS (CRT) and used all our CS and had snacks left over at the end. We all still gained weight even with all the walking!!
maplevale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #5
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

You can definitely share meals at TS locations (except a select few, like VN). We have done this many times on DDP (and off) I shared with my DM and DD several times. At some locations we found if we didn't share we were taking our desserts back to the room. We don't normally have desserts with every meal.

We have shared at Kona, 50's PTC, HBD, Raglan Road, and Narcoossee's for a few.

And of course you can share at CS-no restrictions.
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #6
pooch
I feel so special now!!

and we have

ordered 1 TS meal and an appetizer to be served at the same time as the entree.

pooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #7
jessicamouse
Mouseketeer

Thank you for all of your responses! I am more of a "grazer" so my husband and I often share an entree and app when we go out. It looks like we could try this in WDW Thanks a bunch!

jessicamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:53 PM   #8
erikawolf2004
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

We have shared our TS meals on both of our trips with no problems while on the DDP and plan to do it again next spring. You just get too much food on the meal plan and there are so many great places to try! Good luck!

erikawolf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: