Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 08:15 AM   #1
vicb224
Mouseketeer

Question: re place for character breakfast

If i want a character breakfast ( have park tickets so either resort or park is fine) and I aim to go to DTD right afterward, what is my most practical choice in terms of transportation to DTD?
vicb224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

If you are going to a character meal in a resort, then simply take the bus to DTD from that resort. At the resort bus stops, there is a place to stand for DTD, but sometimes you have to wait a bit longer for the DTD bus then if you were to go to a park. If you were to go to a character meal inside a park, I believe there is a special stop for DTD at each bus depot (not sure 100% on this though), but if there isn't then just take a bus/boat/monorail (depending on which resort you are going to) to the closest resort from that park and then go to the DTD bus stop at that resort.

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

There is no transportation between the parks and Downtown Disney. You would have to take a bus/monorail/boat to one of the parks and then a bus to Downtown Disney. Therefore, the easiest choice would be to do a character breakfast at one of the resorts. Afterwards you could just hop on the bus directly to DtD.

If you go with an in-park choice it really isn't much more difficult. It will just add 15-30 minutes to the journey.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
Sugardimples
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicb224 View Post
If i want a character breakfast ( have park tickets so either resort or park is fine) and I aim to go to DTD right afterward, what is my most practical choice in terms of transportation to DTD?
There are no buses from the parks to DTD. You must go to a resort first. So logically it is more convenient to go from a resort to DTD.
Sugardimples is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #5
hedberg1661
DIS Veteran

So given that there is no transportation between the parks and DTD you should either look at the Crystal Palace at MK (Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Eyore) or Chef Mickey's at CR and you could walk/monorail to CR and catch the bus there. PS walking is faster for both locations and the bus stop is right at the bottom of the resort. Second Option: Cape May Cafe at the BC has a really good breakfast and you could catch the bus to DTD from there as well.

Hope that helps!

And as always: Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

hedberg1661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #6
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedberg1661 View Post
So given that there is no transportation between the parks and DTD you should either look at the Crystal Palace at MK (Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Eyore) or Chef Mickey's at CR and you could walk/monorail to CR and catch the bus there. PS walking is faster for both locations and the bus stop is right at the bottom of the resort. Second Option: Cape May Cafe at the BC has a really good breakfast and you could catch the bus to DTD from there as well.

Hope that helps!
You could also do 'Ohana at the Polynesian, Cinderella's Royal Table at the MK or 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian.

Personally, I would choose the characters you want to see and then look at your options...
  • Pooh characters? Your only option is Crystal Palace.
  • Princesses? Cinderella's Royal Table would be easiest.
  • Mickey/Fab 5? Chef Mickey's or Cape May Cafe would have the least complicated routes to DtD.
  • Lilo & Stitch? 'Ohana at the Polynesian
  • Mary Poppiins & Friends? 1900 Park Fare
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #7
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
You could also do 'Ohana at the Polynesian, Cinderella's Royal Table at the MK or 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian.

Personally, I would choose the characters you want to see and then look at your options...
x2

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: