Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #106
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookbabe_disneynut View Post
I've been asking the same question. In one thread, everyone insists you have to do online checkin, in another people have said that they didn't but were still able to do FP+/MBs, some said only at the 30 day mark, though, and in another the claim was without online checkin you can do FP+ but only get the grey bands. :headdesk: It's really frustrating me, because we check in 10/10 and there have been reports of those dates being open for FP+ bookings already. I'll check in online if I absolutely have to, but I'd prefer not since we booked our room through Expedia and they had trouble putting a room request on it (want to try for a king bed).

I really this is all in a testing phase so some confusion is unavoidable, but really? This is unreal!
I have not checked in on-line and I do not plan to check in on-line. I have done everything from ordering and customizing my magicbands (see Magicband Buffet posted by Dee) to setting up fastpass plus and BOG lunch reservation. I was able to do it all. SO you do not have to do on-line check in. Happy planning.

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
Old 08-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #107
wlake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Banana Bunny arrived today!!!
Bananas for Banana Bunny! So glad she's safely at home with wonderful tales of her extra vacation time!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #108
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIME4DIZ View Post

Not true, there is no connection between online check-in and the MB. if you are arriving at a MB test resort during a test period you get a band.
Oh good! And should be able to customize too? Thanks!
Old 08-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #109
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPTraveler View Post

This was definitely not true for me. I have not (and do not plan to) check-in online and was able to customize my MagicBand and get Fastpass+ selections no problem. The MagicBand option just popped up on Monday and the band itself is being delivered today. whoo hoo
Great! Thanks!
Old 08-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #110
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post
I noticed here were still some requests for SV pics. These are not great but I snapped then early this morning before check out. Hope t helps someone. As someone who has in the past asked for a different room based on a bad standard view, I was content with the view we had this time.

We were facing the bus stop, which you really cannot see through the trees. Had a view of the roof. Spaceship earth to the right. Could see illuminations to the far right.
Beth were you at YC or BC? Thanks
Old 08-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #111
mom_of_2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIME4DIZ View Post

We just saw them in the gift shop located at the international gateway entrance to Epcot. They had Mickey, Minnie, and the Castle.
Oh Great! Thank you so much. I will head there first!

Me, DH, DS (6), DD (4)
June 2011 OKWJuly 2012 Hilton Head Island Resort August 2013 BC CL November 2014 WL
Old 08-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #112
prune1977
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know what the refrigerator situation is at BC? I thought they had all been replaced but now yesterday i received a letter in the mail. This is what it says. Recently we became aware of an issue that affects two of the refridge models in our Guest rooms. As a result, we decided to disconnect the affected in-room refridges until replacements can be installed. then they apologized & gave a # to call for assistance.

: Christmas surprise AKL: Jan 2012

dream stay? plus Mom & dad went with us Poly: Jan 2013

Surprise trip for the kids, 1st time waterparks Beach Club Sept 13,
Old 08-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #113
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prune1977 View Post
Does anyone know what the refrigerator situation is at BC? I thought they had all been replaced but now yesterday i received a letter in the mail. This is what it says. Recently we became aware of an issue that affects two of the refridge models in our Guest rooms. As a result, we decided to disconnect the affected in-room refridges until replacements can be installed. then they apologized & gave a # to call for assistance.

We believe all refrigerators at YC and BC have been replaced, as of a couple of weeks ago. CMs there have been told that.

Has anyone there in the last week been without a fridge?

You should be all set.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #114
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prune1977 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #115
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
I know there's a happy little one at your home tonight!!
Old 08-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #116
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
I know there's a happy little one at your home tonight!!
I remember being about 4, and losing my stuffed cat, "Old E," and at 10:00 at night going to the hospital where my mom was a social worker (and where we'd been earlier picking her up)and getting a huge thrill out of the secretary paging over the system, "Attention staff and patients...if anyone has seen a small, gray, corduroy cat, answering to the name, "Old E," please call the switchboard."

I don't remember whether or not we found him there, but we found him...and I still have him 30 years later.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #117
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
Someone asked a few pages back about the old blue H2O+ toiletries. The Marketplace sold the bath gel or the after sun gel only when i was there in July. (I cant remember which gel it was....sorry!). In the health club, it is available in the dispensers in the shower....unfortunately you can't take that with you as they are attached to the wall.

The Aquatics line is available on the H2O+ website for purchase. I have also found them at Carsons (a Midwest department store). This scent is my favorite as well! The new grapefruit line is growing on me but my heart will always be with Aquatics.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I have also found it at TJMax, Marshall's and HomeGoods.....
Not sure if those stores are nationwide, but if you're in the Northeast, check them out.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #118
DT83097
DIS Veteran

Lovin' the new digs - Thanks Dee!! Of course by the time I made it over here we were on Page 8! This thread rocks 23 days and counting. Kids go back to school next week so I think / hope the next 3 wks go fast!

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
Old 08-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #119
VeronicaB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
HOORAY!!! I left my favorite pillow at a hotel in Pennsylvania somewhere when I was 4, it had Strawberry Shortcake on it. We stopped at a phone booth *gasp* (I feel like I aged 80 years just now) and called when we realized it was not in the car, it was never found

Me (Disney crazed woman) DH (Just along for the ride) DS 6 DD 2
Old 08-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #120
DT83097
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookbabe_disneynut View Post
I've been asking the same question. In one thread, everyone insists you have to do online checkin, in another people have said that they didn't but were still able to do FP+/MBs, some said only at the 30 day mark, though, and in another the claim was without online checkin you can do FP+ but only get the grey bands. :headdesk: It's really frustrating me, because we check in 10/10 and there have been reports of those dates being open for FP+ bookings already. I'll check in online if I absolutely have to, but I'd prefer not since we booked our room through Expedia and they had trouble putting a room request on it (want to try for a king bed).

I really this is all in a testing phase so some confusion is unavoidable, but really? This is unreal!
We did NOT do online check-in. At 30 days out the option to customize MB's came up on the DME site. It was a Friday - we customized and they were delivered the following Tuesday morning. I have been scheduling FP+ ever since! More options seem to be added as the days go on. I've set up Illuminations, TT, Soarin at EP / ETWB, Under the Sea, POC, Buzz, BTMRR, MSEP, & Wishes on MK days (along with BOG FP for lunch)! / Dinosaur, Safari and EE on AK day / and TSMM, Tot, Star Tours, RnR, and Fantasmic on our HS days!!
Can't wait to try them out in 23 more days!

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: