Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #811
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl61 View Post
Getting ready to board our plane! Next stop Magical Express!
See you Sunday!
Old 09-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #812
DT83097
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl61
Getting ready to board our plane! Next stop Magical Express!
Awesome!

Aug 1997 CBR; 2000 CSR; April 2002 Offsite; April 2007 Poly ; Aug 2007 CBR
Aug 2009 Poly; Sept 2010 YC; Sept 2011 Poly; Aug 2012 YC ;Feb 2013 BLT; Sept 2013 BC
CSR Feb 2014-upgraded to YC! ; June 2014 GF
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #813
weswife
DIS Veteran

44 days!!! Oh yeah!!!!

I love reading all of the posts! I have wanted to stay at BC forever! Can't wait to check in and see it in real! AHhhhhhhh
Old 09-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #814
BuckeyeBama
DIS Veteran

Well, we enjoyed our visit at Beach Club - stayed for 10 days in August. A few comments:

* We experienced great customer service from everyone the entire time that we were there.
* We loved the theme, had a room near the elevator, full balcony, etc.
* We loved the pool, though all of us are too old for the slide.
* We loved Cape May Cafe, and being so near Beaches n Cream.
* Loved running every morning on the Boardwalk and back/forth to DHS.

That said, we will probably not stay here again. Each of us said on different days, and for different reasons, that we preferred other resorts. Great resort, but not our favorite.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #815
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Excited for all the PP's on their way or going soon...as I stand here in a cold ice rink already into hockey season. Blah, wish I was still sipping a sunken treasure at SAB or floating around the lazy river.

Old 09-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #816
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Hi everyone! Two questions? What wait time apps do you like for your phones while in the park?

Also, where is a good spot to lounge at the SAB that might have a shade option for DH. Our kids are 13/11/7 and great swimmers however I want my eyes on them.

Thanks! Getting soooooo excited!
I really liked the touring plans app $12 per year but a great app.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #817
francileb
Mouseketeer

This may be kind of off-topic, but is there much advantage to having a rental car at BC rather than using the busses? We're doing a split stay (WL 10/25-30, BC 10/30-11/4) and were planning on using Disney transportation. However, I couldn't leave well enough alone, and kept checking on rentals. When I initially booked our trip, the rental prices were close to $500, making it an easy choice for us to use Disney transport. Prices have gone down considerably, and we can get a rental for all 11 days for less than $200 (all taxes and fees included.) I don't know which way to go now.

I was thinking that if we got the car, we would use the car primarily for visiting resorts, DTD, and just in general in case we find the buses not to our liking.

So what do you all think?
Old 09-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #818
Tinkerbell's mama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebeeryan View Post
Excited for all the PP's on their way or going soon...as I stand here in a cold ice rink already into hockey season. Blah, wish I was still sipping a sunken treasure at SAB or floating around the lazy river.
Our hockey season has started as well. We are already on our second tournament. We will be there in 6 days and we will have a sunken treasure and float around the lazy river for you!

Old 09-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #819
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francileb View Post
This may be kind of off-topic, but is there much advantage to having a rental car at BC rather than using the busses? We're doing a split stay (WL 10/25-30, BC 10/30-11/4) and were planning on using Disney transportation. However, I couldn't leave well enough alone, and kept checking on rentals. When I initially booked our trip, the rental prices were close to $500, making it an easy choice for us to use Disney transport. Prices have gone down considerably, and we can get a rental for all 11 days for less than $200 (all taxes and fees included.) I don't know which way to go now.

I was thinking that if we got the car, we would use the car primarily for visiting resorts, DTD, and just in general in case we find the buses not to our liking.

It is very easy to visit CR, the Poly, GF and FW from the WL. Just take a boat to FW and CR. From CR you can hop on the monorail to go to the Poly and GF. We were at WL and found the buses to Epcot, HS and AK to be a little annoying, since they shared with GF or FW. If I had a car I may have been tempted to drive to those parks from the WL.

From the BC it is very easy to visit the Epcot resorts and get to Epcot and HS. You wouldn't need a car for that.

We haven't rented a car in a very long time. We prefer to use the Disney transportation system.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 09-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #820
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattK67 View Post

Thanks! I had already done some research on where Guest Services was, and planned to go there. The plan is check in, drop the bags in the room if its ready, head to the International Entrance, get the GAC, go in and get the PhotoPass and then MISSION:SPACE, which my son is so ready to go on. I've been teeing up our visit for him by showing lots of park walk around videos and ride videos. The more familiar something is, the more accepting he is of it, so those videos have been wonderful.
My son is just like that too....everything is much better when he knows what's coming.

Have an awesome trip!
Old 09-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #821
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareHeartsDisney View Post
I can't answer both questions since I haven't stayed at BC yet but the app I use is WDW Waits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
I really liked the touring plans app $12 per year but a great app.

Thanks!
Old 09-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #822
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by suetoo View Post
My FIL is Obsessed with the Earl of sandwich! It has become our nickname for him. I just had to put it on the band!
How cute!!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 09-07-2013, 02:20 AM   #823
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francileb View Post

I am firmly in the no car camp. With 3 teen boys we are pretty much on different touring schedules as it is... so off site and/or only one transportation option (renting a car) will not work for us. That being said I do find that in certain circumstances there is a need to deviate from only relying on Disney transportation.

For example, the trip either to or from Downtown Disney is a disaster using Disney supplied transportation! This is generally true no matter what Disney resort you are staying at, so it's not endemic to the Yacht or Beach Club. Also, getting to a dining location situated in a different resort can also be a pain in the tuchas (i.e. a**) when having to depend on the Disney transportation system.

For these instances we have learned to utilize a CAB!

With tip, most cab rides from point A to point B on Disney property run twenty dollars or less, with the majority in the 12-15 dollar range. Depending on our plans we might have to use a cab 3 to 5 times per trip so we are talking about $100 for cabs. The convenience of this arrangement really outweighs the temptation to rent a car or leave 90 minutes before a reservation for a meal at a resort because we have to depend on Disney transportation.

Now keep in mind that there are 5 of us but we have never had a problem finding a mini van type of cab that can accommodate this number. They do have cabs of this size floating around Disney. I can't speak for what you would do if you needed car seats since my boys have not been using them for years. (Thank God for THAT! )

Here is another helpful tip concerning cabs at WDW. The preferred Cab company that is allowed to operate on WDW property is a Mears company that goes by the name of Yellow cab. I keep the number in my cell phone so I know I am calling the right company (1-407-422-2222). Most of the time you can easily find a cab departing from the lobby of any Disney hotel and there are a couple of Cab stands at Downtown Disney. When I take a cab to Walmart for my breakfast and room snacks shopping trip I call the cab company by phone to come and and pick me up when I am done shopping. On my last trip it took only 15 minutes from the time I called until the cab arrived. Sweet!

There are other cab companies that run around the Orlando/WDW area but some are disreputable and people have problems with them. The Yellow Cab company cabs are welcomed on Disney property so I don't have to worry if I've gotten in a 'gypsy' cab and face the possibility of getting ripped off.

I've pretty much found the buses to and from Disney resorts to the parks not to be a problem. The thing that I find ironic is that even if you take a car to the parks, chances are you will find yourself on some sort of a tram or boat or monorail to get to the parking lot where you will then have to hoof it to your car. Using the combination of buses to the parks and cabs to other resorts or to go one of the ways to Downtown Disney has proven to be the most convenient for my family and our touring needs. As they say, your mileage may vary!

Good luck with your planning.

~NM
Old 09-07-2013, 05:49 AM   #824
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBama View Post

That said, we will probably not stay here again. Each of us said on different days, and for different reasons, that we preferred other resorts. Great resort, but not our favorite.
Nor should it be everyone's favorite. Think how crowded that would be!

I have several favorites but Y&BC is home. Thanks for the review.

Old 09-07-2013, 06:44 AM   #825
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post

Here is another helpful tip concerning cabs at WDW. The preferred Cab company that is allowed to operate on WDW property is a Mears company that goes by the name of Yellow cab. I keep the number in my cell phone so I know I am calling the right company (1-407-422-2222).

~NM
Ninja Mom - Thanks for providing the cab phone number. I'm going to add it to my cell phone contacts now, while I think of it.

Although I will say this -

A few years ago, I had a sort-of emergency (idiot woman drove through a red light and smashed into my car, I was fine but standing on the side of the road with a car that couldn't be driven). My cell phone key pad wasn't working right, but I could make a call using my contacts. That's when I realized that I hadn't put people in as contacts if I knew their land line phone numbers by heart. So the people I most wanted to call were the ones I couldn't call.

So what numbers were saved in my cell phone as contacts?

Three pizza parlors in the Orlando area.

Also Owner's Locker, DVC Member Services and Tiffany Towncar.

Not real helpful when you're stranded on the side of the road in your home town, but I'm ready for anything when I'm at Disney World.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: