Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 01:06 PM   #3481
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Great photos!!! Thank you so much for posting these pictures!!! I do have a room (view) thread for BC and YC but nothing for BCV. I would love to put a link to this extremely helpful post on one of the BCV sections on the first page of this thread. Thanks, again!
Thank you and please do so. I spent a lot of time looking for this information before we went. Glad I can help.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
Old 01-02-2014, 01:07 PM   #3482
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrentinos View Post
Thank you so much for this!! We are still debating about doing a 1bedroom versus CL... Looks wonderful!

Glad I can help

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2014, 02:12 PM   #3483
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Oh Henry!!

Scott, You, Tom and Grace have my deepest condolences...

((((( Hugs )))))

~NM
Old 01-02-2014, 03:32 PM   #3484
kimmy85
PROUD US ARMY MOM!

BCV picture link

Quote:
Great photos!!! Thank you so much for posting these pictures!!!

I do have a room (view) thread for BC and YC but nothing for BCV.

I would love to put a link to this extremely helpful post on one of the BCV sections on the first page of this thread.

Thanks, again!
Thanks for starting a link with BCV pictures. DH & I aren't going until November 2015 (already on the Be Our Guest list - thanks!) but we are seriously leaning towards a Studio in BCV. Hoping that maybe other posters will have some photos to add of a BCV Studio (especially the kitchen area).

Thanks!
Old 01-02-2014, 04:23 PM   #3485
luvallprincesses
DIS Veteran

We are getting very excited for our first stay at BC in 15 days. My family thinks we are staying at the Dolphin and are going to be SO excited when they find out (I suppose when we board DME if I get the luggage tags past them at the last minute) that I switched us to BC. I have a couple of questions:

(1) I made plans for park hopping mainly on Epcot/HS days rather than MK/AK days, thinking about the distance and bus riding necessary for the Kingdom's. Am I thinking along the right lines in that type of planning (for FP+ of course)?

(2) Approximately how much time should I plan for a breakfast at Cape May at around 8 am on a low crowd morning?

(3) Is it a much faster return trip from MK to just bus it, or is it a shared bus and might not be much longer to monorail/change at TTC/walk through Epcot (if our feet aren't screaming and it's not those pesky times when the monorail is down.)

TIA!

Aug 1997 CBR, April 2005 POP, May 2005 ASM
Dec 2006 POP, Nov/Dec 2009 POR, Nov/Dec 2011 POFQ
Nov/Dec 2012 WL Jan 2014 BC
Old 01-02-2014, 04:31 PM   #3486
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallprincesses View Post
We are getting very excited for our first stay at BC in 15 days. My family thinks we are staying at the Dolphin and are going to be SO excited when they find out (I suppose when we board DME if I get the luggage tags past them at the last minute) that I switched us to BC. I have a couple of questions:

(1) I made plans for park hopping mainly on Epcot/HS days rather than MK/AK days, thinking about the distance and bus riding necessary for the Kingdom's. Am I thinking along the right lines in that type of planning (for FP+ of course)?

(2) Approximately how much time should I plan for a breakfast at Cape May at around 8 am on a low crowd morning?

(3) Is it a much faster return trip from MK to just bus it, or is it a shared bus and might not be much longer to monorail/change at TTC/walk through Epcot (if our feet aren't screaming and it's not those pesky times when the monorail is down.)

TIA!
Here's an answer combining your question 1 and 3. We almost always hop from MK to EPCOT. We visit MK in the morning, have lunch there (Columbia Harbor House is our fave) and when we are done, we take the mono to EP and spend some time there on the way back to the resort.

The bus is a quicker, more direct way to get back to BC from MK, though, usually about a 15-20 minute ride.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:40 PM   #3487
luvallprincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Here's an answer combining your question 1 and 3. We almost always hop from MK to EPCOT. We visit MK in the morning, have lunch there (Columbia Harbor House is our fave) and when we are done, we take the mono to EP and spend some time there on the way back to the resort.

The bus is a quicker, more direct way to get back to BC from MK, though, usually about a 15-20 minute ride.
I wondered about splitting MK/Epcot for that purpose...I may rethink some days now. Makes sense. With the monorail being closed mid-day, though, will having to ride the boat to TTC add a significant amount of time since everyone will be traveling that way?

Old 01-02-2014, 04:43 PM   #3488
catho72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post

We saw "Saving Mr. Banks" yesterday, too. We thought it was really good. P.L. Travers came off as very human and believable. I was annoyed by the Southern accent they gave Walt Disney, though, since he was born in Chicago and grew up in Missouri and moved back to Chicago for high school. But other than that, it was fine.
As someone who grew up in the city of Chicago and moved to the 'burbs as an adult, Walt's "Midwestern" accent was not genuine. I agree his accent sounded Southern. That was the only thing that I found not genuine. I'm glad they showed Walt smoking....he smoked three packs a day and died (two years after Mary Poppins was released) from lung cancer.

It is not a young kid-friendly movie. I took our girls ages 14 and 10 to see it and we had a conversation about suicide and alcoholism on the way home. Ironically, the 10 year old liked it more than the 14 year old. That being said, I loved the movie! Not as much as I loved Frozen (which I've seen twice AND have the movie soundtrack on my computer) but I loved it!

I received the book Dream It! Do It! by Marty Sklar for Christmas. Mr. Sklar was Walt's right-hand man when it came to building the theme parks. I can't wait to read it!!!!

And I'm so excited.......I can officially say I'll be at YC next month! But that means I also need to run 13.1 miles next month! Better up my training so I don't die!

Scott, I'm so sorry to hear about Henry.

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 01-02-2014, 04:45 PM   #3489
cocoabean1
Mouseketeer

With a snowstorm on our doorstep and below zero temps expected I wish I was at the YC right now!!!!!
Old 01-02-2014, 04:51 PM   #3490
dledger
Earning My Ears

So excited! Just booked my first trip to the BC for August 28-September 2nd.... time needs to hurry up!!!

~Danielle~
April '93- CBR.April '05- POR.May '06- POR.May '11- POR.Sept '12- CBR.June '13- DLR.Sept '14- BC
Old 01-02-2014, 04:58 PM   #3491
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Scott and Tom- I don't mind at all. I can't emphasize enough that in addition to being a resource for information about the Yacht and Beach Club resorts, this is also a place for friendship, caring and sharing.

We can do both here.
And this is why this thread is so special!!

Scott, Tom and Grace, so sorry for your loss... our fur pets are so special to our families!

~N
Old 01-02-2014, 05:01 PM   #3492
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

I'm still in Dallas visiting with my daughter and thought I would post about the commercials here... DisneyLAND!!! I so see a trip there when I move here next STRIKE THAT... THIS YEAR!!!! It's cold here brrr... BUT better than what's about to hit at home... SNOW! Hope I get home on Saturday!!!

Also checking the countdown to YC!!!

~N
Old 01-02-2014, 05:20 PM   #3493
luvallprincesses
DIS Veteran

Considering that we are staying at BC, what are our best transportation options for the following schedule: Fastpasses at MK from 12:30-3:30 at MK, followed by a DTD Raglan Road dinner at 5:00? Or would you move the dinner later? I think I originally made it an early dinner with thoughts of going back for 8 pm Wishes, but with a Dessert party scheduled earlier in the week it's not necessary. Now I'm thinking of heading from Raglan Road to Fantasmic instead. What is the most time efficient way to get from MK to DTD and then from DTD to DHS...or back to BC.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:46 PM   #3494
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Wow! There has been more action here in the last hour than there has in the last week

Quote:
I wondered about splitting MK/Epcot for that purpose...I may rethink some days now. Makes sense. With the monorail being closed mid-day, though, will having to ride the boat to TTC add a significant amount of time since everyone will be traveling that way?
Tell me more about the monorail being closed mid-day. When did or does this start? Is that both the resort monorail loop AND the MK to TTC route?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabean1 View Post
With a snowstorm on our doorstep and below zero temps expected I wish I was at the YC right now!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dledger View Post
So excited! Just booked my first trip to the BC for August 28-September 2nd.... time needs to hurry up!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

I can't speed up time for you, but this is a great place to hang out until your trip!

Quote:
Considering that we are staying at BC, what are our best transportation options for the following schedule: Fastpasses at MK from 12:30-3:30 at MK, followed by a DTD Raglan Road dinner at 5:00? Or would you move the dinner later? I think I originally made it an early dinner with thoughts of going back for 8 pm Wishes, but with a Dessert party scheduled earlier in the week it's not necessary. Now I'm thinking of heading from Raglan Road to Fantasmic instead. What is the most time efficient way to get from MK to DTD and then from DTD to DHS...or back to BC.
I love playing the transportation game.

There is no direct transportation from MK to DTD, but here are a couple of options

1) Walk to CR, about 7-10 minutes. Take a bus to DTD. Not sure of the time, maybe 20 minutes plus wait time for the bus

2) Take a bus from MK to one of the DTD resorts, then take the boat to DTD.

For the return back to BC or HS, take a cab. It will be the best $15 you spend on vacation. The bus from DTD to BC (or anywhere for that matter) is miserable!

When we are not in a rush, and it is before 9 pm, we have taken a boat to one of the DTD resorts, which is a pleasant ride, and then hopped to EPCOT for some fun before heading back to BC. Could do the same with HS, too. This takes a while, though.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:41 PM   #3495
natebenma
DIS Veteran

January Activities Schedule

Movies by the Beach January 2014 Schedule,

Sun- Planes (PG)
Mon- Cinderella (G)
Tues- Robin Hood (G)
Wed- Brave (PG)
Thurs- Mary Poppins (G)
Fri- Tangled (PG)
Sat- Hercules (G)

Last edited by natebenma; 01-02-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: