Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #316
kenly777
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
We just got back from AK, man the heat did me in today. We headed back to hit the pool and cool off but it been closed this afternoon because of a chance of a thunderstorm. Oh well, enjoyed having time to relax.

We have reservations at cape may @ 6:30 for dinner can't wait!
It's open again now I am currently sitting by the quiet side. Not much sun, but no rain for now.

Many years of staying off site before 1990, 1990 CBR Honeymoon, 1999 CSR, 2005 Rental House, 2008 SS, 2010 Rental House, 2012 POR, 2013 OKW/BCV, 2014 BWV
Old 08-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #317
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Rapid Fill mug refill stations at BC/YC will be turned on tomorrow. I hope it doesn't slow down the process. And allows me to mix my lemonade with the brewed ice tea.
Will post on my experience tomorrow!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #318
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Or, if you are nerdy with too much time on your hands...

Purchase Walmart/Sam's Club gift cards from your kid's school fundraiser (2.5% of purchase price to school) and then use those gift cards to purchase Disney gift cards there (6% discount)
Ok and if you live in Western PA buy Disney giftcards during giant eagle double fuel perks using your chase rewards card during 5% bonus at Getgo and earn 17% off your gift cards. YEP. I buy 4k over the year and feel like I get a 17% pin on food, rooms, tickets, tours etc. Makes me feel better!
DP
Old 08-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #319
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Bear View Post

We were at MK we actually got stuck on splash when it broke, we were on there about twenty minutes before they sent two CM's to 'rescue' us! We had to climb off the boats and got to walk through the ride, it was quite fun having a behind the scenes tour! We saw where they keep the parade floats too then got given a FP for any ride at MK.
Sounds like you're having a great time.
So glad all was well. I personally love any kind of behind the scenes stuff.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #320
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post

The Aquatics shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. Whatever they have.....my daughters like it too.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Ok. I will try to get by there tomorrow. I have been schlepping kids from activity to activity today. Lol.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #321
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Rapid Fill mug refill stations at BC/YC will be turned on tomorrow. I hope it doesn't slow down the process. And allows me to mix my lemonade with the brewed ice tea.
Will post on my experience tomorrow!
Thanks for letting us know and promising to report back. Good point about mixing drinks! Could also be an issue for someone who wants to combine regular and decaf coffee in one mug (don't get the wrong idea- NOT ME!)
Old 08-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #322
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

How do you know where to go for the reserved area for parade/wishes? Is it posted at the front of the park or something?

Last edited by YCFAN; 08-25-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #323
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Oh and for anyone concerned about the large bugs, they are Palmetto bugs. Extremely common to Florida.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #324
3mama3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
Oh and for anyone concerned about the large bugs, they are Palmetto bugs. Extremely common to Florida.
Ugg, is this the season for the bugs?! I arrive in 9 days
Old 08-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #325
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Thanks for letting us know and promising to report back. Good point about mixing drinks! Could also be an issue for someone who wants to combine regular and decaf coffee in one mug (don't get the wrong idea- NOT ME!)
I found a first hand report of the rapid refill mugs. It looks like it's smart enough to know how much is in the cup, so you can mix different drinks until you reach the cup's capacity. That's pretty cool!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/0...ts-now-in-use/

Old 08-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #326
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mama3 View Post

Ugg, is this the season for the bugs?! I arrive in 9 days
I think you're thinking about the love bugs and they are around usually in May and September. It's a Florida thing.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #327
Claire Bear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
How do you know where to go for the reserved area for parade/wishes? Is it posted at the front of the park or something?
When you make your reservation it says preferred viewing at... So ours said Rose garden (I didn't notice anyone actually on the grass just I the walkways so I must have been blind!). There are signs there saying FastPass+ too.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #328
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Bear View Post

When you make your reservation it says preferred viewing at... So ours said Rose garden (I didn't notice anyone actually on the grass just I the walkways so I must have been blind!). There are signs there saying FastPass+ too.
Great! Thanks for the info.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #329
Claire Bear
Mouseketeer

Been to animal kingdom today the wait times were minimal, Kali river rapids was 5 minutes if that and we went on EE twice in a row and walks straight on, it's the first time I've been on it so got a shock when we started going backwards! Had dinner at Yak and Yeti which was nice. Just sat on the balcony before we go for a swim in SAB then hoping to go to MK for EMH if we can stay awake!
I've accessorised our elephant towel animal, today we got the animal on the left, I think its a sausage dog?
Old 08-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #330
maa
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabean1 View Post
I saw on another post that Disney has changed the boats at Pirates of the Carib and that people are now getting wet. For anyone that is there and done this ride, is this true?
We did last week. I got less wet than 2 years ago before the refurb. I sat in the front seat too!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: