Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 05:02 AM   #211
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Well, this trip has pretty much been a bust for us. While things looked promising as of Tuesday night with my oldest feeling better, that changed quickly by Wednesday afternoon. Whatever she caught is not going away. While we managed to make it over to MK yesterday morning (our first full morning at a park), by the time we made our O'Hana dinner reservation, she was sick again and couldn't eat. Same happened this morning, woke up fine, we head over to AK, and by time we made our dinner res. at Narcoosee's, she was sick and couldn't eat. She's completely devastated and I'm just sad for her. Anyone who knows our family knows that she and I are the "Disney fanatics" so to see her so upset about not being able to enjoy this trip just plain sucks!

I do have to say that all the CL staff have been wonderful & am grateful that we are at least staying here vs. a moderate (which I originally had booked) since we have spent a lot of our time both in the room with her & at the resort itself. The upside is that we have a great view of the higher wishes fireworks from our room so at least she hasn't missed that. Plus, we keep telling her two things: 1. It could be so much worse and 2. There's always next year...
So sorry she isn't feeling well. Sure hope she gets better soon. Glad to hear no one else has fallen ill!

Old 08-24-2013, 06:21 AM   #212
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Page 10-15

When I gave pixarmom a heads-up about the new thread, she told me she is vacationing in Newport (CA) until school starts and to say hi to everyone. She will be visiting Disneyland and offered to answer any questions people have about that park when she gets back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoleWhipMom View Post
Have been able to use my wrist band for all purchases including dinning plan credits for 3 days. At at Ohanas, Chefs de France, and Garden Grill. They scanned my ban at the table. I have not had to get a band at the pool but I'm entering on the YC side. Getting in the parks are easy too. I will have 2 sets if room views for SV club. Moved yesterday. First room was... The only way to put is where you put people you don't want back lol. They had some room leak problems so had to wait to be moved. Talked to a CM yesterday and he said they try to have rooms ready for folks with bands because they know when you are here. Also used bands at magical express.
Sorry to hear about the issues you had with your first room. Glad to hear you are all settled in now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantysk8coach View Post
Two hopefully easy questions - I apologize if this is covered but I'm running out the door to work.

Status of:
1. Refrigerators in regular (non-villa) rooms?
2. RFID (???) mug refills?

Thanks much - ahhhh! Leaving tomorrow!
Questions were answered in another post, but forgot to give you a welcome.

Safe travels today, and enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Bear View Post
Hope this helps, the room closest to the YC quiet pool entrance is 1071
Quote:
Pictures from Marketplace: (Refill Mugs)
Quote:
Discovery Cove tomorrow, it'll be nice to relax a bit and have a break from the busy parks.
Claire Bear- thanks so very much for the info and pictures!!! These are the first I have seen of the Refill Mug stuff at the Marketplace. Will add these pictures to the proper sections of this thread when I have a chance.

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Hope your day at Discovery Cove is fantastic! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
DH has taken the kids to TL today - I'm not one for the water slides and I thought I would enjoy sitting my the pool or wandering WS more. The other mom decided she loves the water slides so I'm alone! Score!
Sounds awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl61 View Post
Just had to share, we have received 4 sets of magicbands for our upcoming visit. Yesterday I received 3 MORE sets. 2 sets are just for my DH and 1 is a complete set for everyone.

Now this morning I logged on to MDE and I have 4 messages saying "great news you may pick up your magicbands at your resort when you check in"

So I guess I am packing all of my bands, I want to make sure I have the correct ones and I don't want to take the chance that when I do get to the resort that they don't have my bands.

I am going to have lots of keepsakes
All I can think of is the letters that keep coming for Harry Potter in Sorcerer's Stone!!!

Pretty soon you may be receiving more bands through your mail slot and fireplace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebeeryan View Post
Checked in to YC and we were upgraded I think...looks like Garden View to me.
Fantastic!!!

I have never seen pictures of the resort tennis court(s) before!!! I actually asked recently whether they really existed!

I would be extremely grateful if you would post these pictures and a room description in the YC View Thread when you return from your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura428 View Post
Love all of these ideas! And yes, it actually is more fun to shop Disney than have someone else do it. For the kids, or me.
How about non-perishable Disney-themed snacks? I know they make fruit gummies (name is escaping me know) in various Disney character forms, and with Disney merchandising what it is, I am sure you can find a few things during a walk in the grocery store.

Quote:
Well, this trip has pretty much been a bust for us. While things looked promising as of Tuesday night with my oldest feeling better, that changed quickly by Wednesday afternoon. Whatever she caught is not going away. While we managed to make it over to MK yesterday morning (our first full morning at a park), by the time we made our O'Hana dinner reservation, she was sick again and couldn't eat. Same happened this morning, woke up fine, we head over to AK, and by time we made our dinner res. at Narcoosee's, she was sick and couldn't eat. She's completely devastated and I'm just sad for her. Anyone who knows our family knows that she and I are the "Disney fanatics" so to see her so upset about not being able to enjoy this trip just plain sucks!

I do have to say that all the CL staff have been wonderful & am grateful that we are at least staying here vs. a moderate (which I originally had booked) since we have spent a lot of our time both in the room with her & at the resort itself. The upside is that we have a great view of the higher wishes fireworks from our room so at least she hasn't missed that. Plus, we keep telling her two things: 1. It could be so much worse and 2. There's always next year...
Rosa, I am so sorry to hear that your daughter has been too sick to enjoy your trip! How heartbreaking for your family!

Hope she is well soon

Last edited by natebenma; 08-24-2013 at 06:27 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2013, 06:24 AM   #213
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Quote:

So sorry your DD isn't feeling well. During our many trips to Disney, a few of us have gotten sick enough to require medical care.
CL sent a can to pick us up & take us to the medical Clinic. The wait does take a bit, but if she has persistent nausea, the Dr.'s could give her some anti-nausea meds to at least keep her comfortable.
Hope things start looking up for you & your family!!
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 08-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #214
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
So sorry your DD isn't feeling well. During our many trips to Disney, a few of us have gotten sick enough to require medical care.
CL sent a can to pick us up & take us to the medical Clinic. The wait does take a bit, but if she has persistent nausea, the Dr.'s could give her some anti-nausea meds to at least keep her comfortable.
Hope things start looking up for you & your family!!
She actually got sick the day we arrived (last Sunday) and by Monday morning we were at Celebration hospital with her. She got an IV that day and meds to take with her back to the room. Fortunately the nausea stopped...it's what usually comes after, that isn't going away and she's got meds for that too. I called her pediatrician yesterday just to get his opinion & he said that it unfortunately a virus can take a bit to run it's course and the main thing is for her to stay hydrated - and she is. She will see him on Monday morning when we get back.

On another note: DH & I upgraded our tickets to A/P's since we are coming back this October and we also got the TIW & have used it several times already to cover our OOP meals and drinks this trip...it has already paid for itself. And while I've always been a huge advocate for the DP for my family (we had FD on this trip), we realized that we will be better off with no plan and using the TIW on future trips.
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

Old 08-24-2013, 07:39 AM   #215
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
The greatest advantage to AP is the Tables in Wonderland card, 20% off food and alcohol. It saves us enough to be worth the AP even if we only do one trip per year.
Amen! DP is a scientist (read:nerd) and we did a rolling spreadsheet comparing savings from purchasing the dining plan vs. Tables in Wonderland. Clearly, we had a lot of time on our hands that night, Because we sat and looked at menus for each of the restaurants we had an ADR for and we plotted what we would have and how much it would cost using Tables in Wonderland versus the dining plan. TIW was a no-brained for us.

Also, I believe a standard rule of thumb is that if You are planning to spend 10 or more days at a Disney Park, an annual pass is financially the right choice.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-24-2013, 07:39 AM   #216
tinkandonaldfans
DIS Veteran

We are heading to the beach club for the 8th September. I have downloaded the my disney experience app to my iPhone but when I put our confirmation number in, it says it doesn't recognise it! We booked through wdw travel company and used the number in the email! Would we be too late to get our magic bands? If we get them I don't want to end up with the grey ones as we haven't been able to log on

Our Disney Wedding Planning Journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2346010
Old 08-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #217
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Amen! DP is a scientist (read:nerd) and we did a rolling spreadsheet comparing savings from purchasing the dining plan vs. Tables in Wonderland. Clearly, we had a lot of time on our hands that night, Because we sat and looked at menus for each of the restaurants we had an ADR for and we plotted what we would have and how much it would cost using Tables in Wonderland versus the dining plan. TIW was a no-brained for us.
I created an Excel spreadsheet last night to calculate our savings if we bought a TiW card to use on our next trip. Using broad estimates for the ADR's we had planned for our six days trip, I figured we would save $84.60 with the TiW card in December. We have another trip scheduled in May and that is when we would start to see the savings on the card.

Although it is highly possible that I underestimated our expenses and will actually break even in December.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 08-24-2013, 08:02 AM   #218
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post

Also, I believe a standard rule of thumb is that if You are planning to spend 10 or more days at a Disney Park, an annual pass is financially the right choice.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
There is also the advantage of Disney math, i.e. I already have an AP & enough miles for free tickets so with the AP discount and TIW another trip is practically free! At least this is how my nerd brain works... :rotfl

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 08-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #219
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

To the uber nerdy types, buy gift cards at Target with their redcard debit card and prescription bonus...so 10% off, then buy the TiW

Friends if ours just did this
Old 08-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #220
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
To the uber nerdy types, buy gift cards at Target with their redcard debit card and prescription bonus...so 10% off, then buy the TiW

Friends if ours just did this
Or, if you are nerdy with too much time on your hands...

Purchase Walmart/Sam's Club gift cards from your kid's school fundraiser (2.5% of purchase price to school) and then use those gift cards to purchase Disney gift cards there (6% discount)

Last edited by natebenma; 08-24-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #221
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebeeryan View Post
Checked in to YC and we were upgraded I think...looks like Garden View to me.

Eating at ESPN now then we hit SAB!
Awesome view!!! Have fun and let me know how ESPN is. My DH and dSs are dying to go there.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #222
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_of_2 View Post
We are all checked into BC. We have a sv CL room with a view of illuminations...we just got finished eating from our balcony. We overlook the lobby...very nice view for standard in my opinion. So far we are loving it. All of the cast members have been so nice and helpful. I do have to say even though everyone says the lounge is small I have to say I was shocked at just how small. Otherwise the lounge has been great. We are close enough we could bring food back to the room. Off to HS tomorrow!
Oh exciting! Have a great trip!
Old 08-24-2013, 09:03 AM   #223
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post

Feeling pretty good. I have to be careful at the soccer field and not demonstrate myself the things I want the girls to do. All in all, I am lucky and am recovering quickly
Yes please be careful. My 13 year old plays a lot of soccer and his coach is right in the middle of all the practices. Lol. Try to restrain yourself.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #224
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLover0610 View Post
So on a whim, I logged into MDE today and was able to customize our Magic Bands! We don't arrive until October - 56 days from now! Beyond excited and had to share
DH chose pink for himself, which I knew would happen...
I was able to do mine as well yesterday!!!
Old 08-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #225
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalabubbles View Post

So sorry she isn't feeling well. Sure hope she gets better soon. Glad to hear no one else has fallen ill!
So sorry she isn't better. It takes a long time to kick the stomach sicknesses. Ugh!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: