Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #2086
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

Just checked in. Great cms. Our room is far far away from everything but overlooks the quiet pool. Only thing is we have nothing in the room except for 2 beds. No chairs to sit in at all other than chairs on balcony!! Called desk & they are supposed to be getting some to me.

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Old 10-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #2087
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Anyone stayed in adjoining rooms in YC CL Lagoon view?

We are staying in YC CL LV in Nov and have requested adjoining rooms for our party of 6. Does anyone know which rooms are connecting on this floor? Are there options/many rooms that connect? Trying to determine how good our chances are to actually get these rooms adjoining? Thanks
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #2088
monica9
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=laura428;49821679]Ok, I can now officially say it --

SINGLE DIGITS!!!!!!!!!

I spent a GOOD chunk of yesterday making last minute changes to FP+, finalizing itineraries, printing up pressed penny targets, ]

printing pressed penny targets? What is this? Is there a map of where the machines are and which kinds of pennies you can press there?
Old 10-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #2089
laura428
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Woohoo!! I will be there Sunday to Friday so I will look for you in the CL or SAB. I also have a DD7.

What is the penny targets?
Oh how fun! That would be great!

So, the penny targets just refer to the pressed penny machines we plan on hitting for the kiddos. They both collect them, and after printing up a list from Allears, we've got our targets ready for each of them. I'll bring rolls pennies and quarters, stashed in re-purposes Nuun canisters (or M&M canisters work, too), for each of them. Cheap souvenirs and great way to re-energize them in the middle of the day!
2014 Princess Half Marathon
Old 10-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #2090
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's My Favorite View Post
Just checked in. Great cms. Our room is far far away from everything but overlooks the quiet pool. Only thing is we have nothing in the room except for 2 beds. No chairs to sit in at all other than chairs on balcony!! Called desk & they are supposed to be getting some to me.
Still waiting now over 2 hours later. Went to concierge desk on way out & discussed issues while getting breakfast res. but really wish they would get us the furniture, and fix the running toilet. Guess ill be calling again.

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Old 10-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #2091
maa
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura428 View Post
Oh how fun! That would be great!

So, the penny targets just refer to the pressed penny machines we plan on hitting for the kiddos. They both collect them, and after printing up a list from Allears, we've got our targets ready for each of them. I'll bring rolls pennies and quarters, stashed in re-purposes Nuun canisters (or M&M canisters work, too), for each of them. Cheap souvenirs and great way to re-energize them in the middle of the day!
That was of our favorite activities as well! Thank goodness for the mechanical crankers!
Old 10-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #2092
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post
We are staying in YC CL LV in Nov and have requested adjoining rooms for our party of 6. Does anyone know which rooms are connecting on this floor? Are there options/many rooms that connect? Trying to determine how good our chances are to actually get these rooms adjoining? Thanks
I have stayed in connecting rooms YC CL LV before. The two rooms directly over the back entrance are LV connecting. I'm sure there are also many more. It will just depend on whether your request can be accommodated on your particular check in day (meaning who else will be checking out, etc.).

Definitely put the request on your reservation and ask again at check in whether they were able to grant your request. If not, ask if it would be possible to move when it becomes available if you are willing to do that. Good luck!! The LV at YC CL is amazing!!
Old 10-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #2093
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Still waiting now over 2 hours later. Went to concierge desk on way out & discussed issues while getting breakfast res. but really wish they would get us the furniture, and fix the running toilet. Guess ill be calling again.
Do NOT call front desk. Call housekeeping and if you do not get a quick response, ask a housekeeping manager to come up to your room to discuss.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #2094
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Glad you arrived safe & sound! Very strange that the chairs are missing, that would be something hard to steal ! Are you on CL?

We liked being by the quiet pool when we were on 4& really liked that the 2nd elevator was right near us.

Quote:
What was their response! I hope the get it fixed soon! Where was breakfast & what fun stuff are you doing today?
Old 10-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #2095
laura428
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maa View Post

That was of our favorite activities as well! Thank goodness for the mechanical crankers!
Good way to build up those arm muscles. Or tire out the kiddos, whichever is more important.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #2096
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Just got back on Friday from another amazing stay at the BC. Our room was ready when we got there. 3rd floor but roof view. And the worse part was 4 LONG hallways to get to our room. I was just happy to be there as I was not sure I was going to make this trip. My ankles were really swelling from the walking & med's so my angel Miss Teena took care of me & we got our room changed. Can I just say-first room off the elevator. I did not care about the view or anything else & come to find out the view was better also.

Teena you rock!! We ended up buying into DVC on this trip. Did not plan to but it all came down on Wed. when we went to AK & stared talking to a CM about DVC & took the tour. The GFV are amazing!!!! My DH needed convincing & walking in to the model just blew him away!!!! So our trip is booked for next May but we WILL be in to see you Teena. Thank you again Teena for going out of your way to make sure my ankles got a rest.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #2097
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
I have stayed in connecting rooms YC CL LV before. The two rooms directly over the back entrance are LV connecting. I'm sure there are also many more. It will just depend on whether your request can be accommodated on your particular check in day (meaning who else will be checking out, etc.).

Definitely put the request on your reservation and ask again at check in whether they were able to grant your request. If not, ask if it would be possible to move when it becomes available if you are willing to do that. Good luck!! The LV at YC CL is amazing!!
Thank you! Those sound like a great pair of rooms!! Have you stayed in one of them?

It would be amazing to get these, but I am sure that they will all be great!

fingers crossed!!LOL

I am so excited!!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:07 PM   #2098
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Just got back on Friday from another amazing stay at the BC. Our room was ready when we got there. 3rd floor but roof view. And the worse part was 4 LONG hallways to get to our room. I was just happy to be there as I was not sure I was going to make this trip. My ankles were really swelling from the walking & med's so my angel Miss Teena took care of me & we got our room changed. Can I just say-first room off the elevator. I did not care about the view or anything else & come to find out the view was better also.

Teena you rock!! We ended up buying into DVC on this trip. Did not plan to but it all came down on Wed. when we went to AK & stared talking to a CM about DVC & took the tour. The GFV are amazing!!!! My DH needed convincing & walking in to the model just blew him away!!!! So our trip is booked for next May but we WILL be in to see you Teena. Thank you again Teena for going out of your way to make sure my ankles got a rest.
Congrats!!!! I hope you will book at the Beach Club Villas every once in a while too!!! I look forward to seeing you in May ... I am always at Jeanne's for Mother's Day though. Next year I'll probably be heading out there on May 6th and come back on May 16th. When are you coming?
Old 10-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #2099
laura428
DIS Veteran

Apologies if this is already explained somewhere in this thread, but what is storage like in the BC rooms? Whenever we've stayed at POR, I've brought a hanging closet sweater organizer and hanging shoe rack to give us more storage, but didn't need them at the Poly with all of the closet and drawer space. Does anyone know if the BC rooms offer the same kind of storage options? I'd love to not have to take up valuable luggage space with the organizers if I can help it.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:35 PM   #2100
TJA
DIS Veteran

I have spent a good portion of the day searching this thread and I can't find an answer, so....my question is: is there somewhere that tells how many CL lagoon view rooms there are? And of those rooms, which ones have daybed and full balconies? I found info on the GV CL rooms, but I just can't find LV CL detailed info. Thx!
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: