Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 06:47 AM   #151
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Runner View Post

Just wanted to thank everyone for all of the great information on this thread. Only 1 more day left until our first stay at the BC. I am as excited as a little kid at Xmas! Guess I should start packing!!!!
Have fun!!!
Old 08-23-2013, 06:47 AM   #152
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dukers View Post
We have been here since the 21st and wow the YC is awesome!!! We were upgraded, paid for a standard view but the gave us a beautiful view of SAB!!! So cool!!!
That is fantastic!
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2013, 07:01 AM   #153
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

I see a lot of October check ins are now getting FP+, MBs or both.

I check in to the YC on 30th Sep, but when I try and do FP+ all I get is this:

Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

Old 08-23-2013, 07:13 AM   #154
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Trip Report Alert!!!

I have started the Disney/Beach Club part of my trip report from my July vacation. I am still posting updates from the Dark Side portion- I will probably be alternating posts/going back and forth.

I have indexed the chapters with links on Page 1, Post 2 of the report if you just want to follow the Disney parts.

Right now I have my arrival at the Beach Club chapter (Page 19) and will be posting my room pictures in a couple of days.

Hope to see you over there! Click on the Hijinks and Shenanigans link in my signature.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:24 AM   #155
mantysk8coach
Proud member of the DIS chapter of NKOTB Anonymous!

Two hopefully easy questions - I apologize if this is covered but I'm running out the door to work.

Status of:
1. Refrigerators in regular (non-villa) rooms?
2. RFID (???) mug refills?

Thanks much - ahhhh! Leaving tomorrow!
Old 08-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #156
mantysk8coach
Proud member of the DIS chapter of NKOTB Anonymous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Runner View Post

Just wanted to thank everyone for all of the great information on this thread. Only 1 more day left until our first stay at the BC. I am as excited as a little kid at Xmas! Guess I should start packing!!!!
Ha! We leave tomorrow too, glad I'm not the only one not packed! I work all day today too...ugh. We do have a 4 p.m. flight tomorrow though, so that buys me some time!

Safe travels and enjoy!
Old 08-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #157
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Loving that my ticker is closing in on less than 3 months! +

Not loving what JetBlue is doing to my anxiety.

Here's the situation.

I work until about 2:50, and we live about 35 min. from the airport. Since we're not checking any bags for this short trip (4 nights), we rolled the dice and booked a great deal on a non-stop flight that will get us to Orlando that night at 8:10 P.M. That puts us at the YC by hopefully 9:30-ish. This of course means that the flight is at 4:50 P.M. That's right. We're giving ourselves 2hrs. to get me from work to the airport, through security and to the gate. Bags will be packed ahead of time, DP will be waiting outside of my work in a running car, and we will book it to the airport, park in the closest lot, we'll have our boarding passes printed...and though we won't have time to relax at the airport, we figure we should be fine....

Well....
JetBlue keeps bumping our flight up, as in posting it to leave earlier than originally planned. Instead of 4:50, as of this morning, we are leaving at 4:37. I know it's only 13 minutes, but if they keep inching the time up...we're going to get to a point where we have to back out of this flight and that will royally screw things up.

Has anyone else had this experience with JetBlue? Do they just keep inching it up as the trip gets closer?
Old 08-23-2013, 07:40 AM   #158
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantysk8coach View Post
Two hopefully easy questions - I apologize if this is covered but I'm running out the door to work.

Status of:
1. Refrigerators in regular (non-villa) rooms?
2. RFID (???) mug refills?

Thanks much - ahhhh! Leaving tomorrow!
Check out the "Breaking News" Section on Page 1 for a convenient source about the latest updates.

1. We have been told all defective refrigerators have been replaced at Y&B
2. Should be activated any day now- maybe Sunday.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #159
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
I see a lot of October check ins are now getting FP+, MBs or both.

I check in to the YC on 30th Sep, but when I try and do FP+ all I get is this:

Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Don't know! The system is so buggy and not everyone has been able to book their selections or customize their bands at the same time, even if the check in day is the same.

There was (is) also a problem specifically with Sept 30 according to another poster on this thread- not sure if that is part of the issue you are experiencing.

Some people have been assisted by Disney's IT, but this might be difficult for you being in the UK.

Keep trying. As others have said, they have nothing for awhile and then the right windows magically appear on their MDE accounts.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #160
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I have started the Disney/Beach Club part of my trip report from my July vacation. I am still posting updates from the Dark Side portion- I will probably be alternating posts/going back and forth.

I have indexed the chapters with links on Page 1, Post 2 of the report if you just want to follow the Disney parts.

Right now I have my arrival at the Beach Club chapter (Page 19) and will be posting my room pictures in a couple of days.

Hope to see you over there! Click on the Hijinks and Shenanigans link in my signature.
Cool! Love your trip reports!
Old 08-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #161
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Loving that my ticker is closing in on less than 3 months! +

Not loving what JetBlue is doing to my anxiety.

Here's the situation.

I work until about 2:50, and we live about 35 min. from the airport. Since we're not checking any bags for this short trip (4 nights), we rolled the dice and booked a great deal on a non-stop flight that will get us to Orlando that night at 8:10 P.M. That puts us at the YC by hopefully 9:30-ish. This of course means that the flight is at 4:50 P.M. That's right. We're giving ourselves 2hrs. to get me from work to the airport, through security and to the gate. Bags will be packed ahead of time, DP will be waiting outside of my work in a running car, and we will book it to the airport, park in the closest lot, we'll have our boarding passes printed...and though we won't have time to relax at the airport, we figure we should be fine....

Well....
JetBlue keeps bumping our flight up, as in posting it to leave earlier than originally planned. Instead of 4:50, as of this morning, we are leaving at 4:37. I know it's only 13 minutes, but if they keep inching the time up...we're going to get to a point where we have to back out of this flight and that will royally screw things up.

Has anyone else had this experience with JetBlue? Do they just keep inching it up as the trip gets closer?
Oh my.... Why can't they just leave the the time alone. Lol. I think you could definitely make the 4:50 ( assuming you aren't terribly far from the airport). I wonder if you can call and get a real person with JetBlue and ask if this is normal?
Old 08-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #162
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Don't know! The system is so buggy and not everyone has been able to book their selections or customize their bands at the same time, even if the check in day is the same.

There was (is) also a problem specifically with Sept 30 according to another poster on this thread- not sure if that is part of the issue you are experiencing.

Some people have been assisted by Disney's IT, but this might be difficult for you being in the UK.

Keep trying. As others have said, they have nothing for awhile and then the right windows magically appear on their MDE accounts.
Got my MBs customised now, but still getting this same problem on the FPs. I'm just not patient enough to wait it out!

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

Old 08-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #163
Claire Bear
Mouseketeer

Hope this helps, the room closest to the YC quiet pool entrance is 1071

The door is almost opposite room 1071

The door out to the pool
Old 08-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #164
TPTraveler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceLuvsWDW View Post
We check in a beach club day after tomorrow!! So excited, first time staying there.
Have a fabulous trip!

Yacht Club 2014 Beach Club 2014 * Yacht Club 2013 * Polynesian 2012, 2010, 2008 * Boardwalk Inn 2011, 2006 * Contemporary 2006, 2005 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2003, 2000, 1999, 1998 * Coronado Springs 2002
Old 08-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #165
TPTraveler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
from YC! Checked in on the 20th. Loving it! On 19th had dinner with our Teena before she left for Vegas. Afternoon breaks at SAB are wonderful!
We've bern in wdw since 17th. Did a little resort hoping
We have our magic bands. They work pretty well, but trying to get on MDE at the parks to look up your FP times or look up wait times, dining, etc sometimes is very frustrating. wifi isn't the best. And I need it to avoid roaming charges.

Today we walked to Epcot, then spent the afternoon at quiet pool doing laundry. At YC quiet pool they only have 3 washers. Totally inadequate especially since 1 was broke.
Tonight we watched the movie on the beach.
Sounds like you had a busy day. Sorry to hear about the laundry situation, I keep reading about that, you would think given the number of times sometone has reported this as an issue, it would have been fixed.

Yacht Club 2014 Beach Club 2014 * Yacht Club 2013 * Polynesian 2012, 2010, 2008 * Boardwalk Inn 2011, 2006 * Contemporary 2006, 2005 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2003, 2000, 1999, 1998 * Coronado Springs 2002
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: