Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #1
Islandmom71
Earning My Ears

Should I cancel one of these ADR's?

Hi all. First trip to Disney as a family of 5. Three daughters ages 5, 7 & 9. We are staying at the Polynesian with a dining plan. We have 5 table credits to use and I am thinking of cancelling one of these to keep within that number.

1) Which one do you think I should cancel?
2) If I keep them all, which one should I pay for out of pocket?

Day 1 - nothing
Day 2 - Coral Reef dinner
Day 3 - CRT breakfast
Day 4 - Dinner Hollywood & Vine or Sci Fi (not sure if 5 can fit in a car at sci fi)
Day 5 - Kona Cafe Dinner
Day 6 - Crystal Palace breakfast

Really appreciate any help.
Islandmom71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

5 can fit at Sci Fi but chances are one of you will sit alone-cars are 3 bench seats that seat 2 each. The atmosphere is fantastic though.

I would cancel Coral Reef. The kids choices for food aren't that good and service is spotty.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #3
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

I would drop H&V or Sci-Fi. Neither one appeals to me...Coral Reef kids menu had more options for my kids than many of the other restaurants, but you might want to check it out for our kiddos. That would be the other one I would consider dropping. Lots of other QS dining options at EP.

I would recco 50's Prime Time over H&V and Sci-Fi, if you want a sit down option at HS...fewer TS options at HS. Last time we headed over to eat at Captain's Grill at Yacht Club (for lunch)...and it took time, but was AWESOME.
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #4
CaffeinatedMama
Mouseketeer

I agree with previous poster about 50's Prime Time for HS, especially with kids that age. I'm biased though, it is my 8 year olds favorite. For out of pocket, breakfast is your best bet because that is usually the least expensive menu of the days service.

CaffeinatedMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:28 AM   #5
navywifetill2002
Mouseketeer

Remember you don't have to choose just one place to pay OOP. If someone wants just an app pay for that and save that credit. The buffets are the best use of credits for the most part so use your credits for those for sure.
navywifetill2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:32 AM   #6
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

I definitely would avoid Hollywood & Vine at all costs!!! It is one of only 2 restaurants in all of WDW that we will Never return to.
Another advocate of 50's PTC for lunch in DHS. We love their "comfort food" and I love their fried chicken.
I would also recommend you change Coral Reef. It gets consistently poor reviews. I love Via Napoli in Italy for the food and the atmosphere. They have the best pizza. It could be the place to pay OOP and share pizza and appetizers and sharing will save money.
Good Luck and Have Fun
Old 08-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #7
kethry70
Earning My Ears

Nevermind- missed CRT
kethry70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:11 AM   #8
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran

I would drop H&V and do 50's Prime Time instead. If choosing one to pay out of pocket, i'd got with one of the breakfast.

5/05 Pop, 12/06 POFQ, 9/07 Pop, 9/08 All Star Movies, 4/09 CBR/AKV/Disney Wonder, 12/11 Pop, 11/13 All Star Music, 11/14 CSR
momto2inKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #9
laughinplace199
AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
5 can fit at Sci Fi but chances are one of you will sit alone-cars are 3 bench seats that seat 2 each. The atmosphere is fantastic though.

I would cancel Coral Reef. The kids choices for food aren't that good and service is spotty.
Looking at the ages of the OP's kids, the kids can probably fit together in one row of the cars at Sci Fi.

My kids were 13, 11, & 6 on our last trip and they fit together fine, but they are all on the small/thin side.

I agree with getting rid of Coral Reef.

laughinplace199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #10
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

If it were me I would cancel both Coral Reef and Hollywood & Vine/Sci-Fi. I would then add 50's Prime Time and one of the World Showcase restaurants and pay OOP for whichever has the cheaper menu.

Alternatively, you could just add 50's and do the other meal at one of the quick service World Showcase locations. Tangierine Cafe is fantastic, as is Les Halles and Sommerfest.

As to the Sci-Fi question...typically a party of five will be split over all three rows of the car. Since your children are all young there would be enough room for them to share one seat and nobody would have to sit alone.

Have a great trip!
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: