Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
Mickeyhugger
DIS Veteran

What kind of low season rates were available earlier this year at deluxe resorts?

DH and I are looking to book one night before our cruise.

We usually stay at Hyatt MCO or Marriott Courtyard (by the airport.) This year, (actually, January 2014) our flight arrives 10:30 a.m. and I thought it would be fun to use our leftover parkhoppers, even if it's just one day. I know rates drop for selected resorts.

Thought about Wilderness Lodge or Beach Club?

I guess another question would be, if I book the normal rate now, and a lower rate becomes available, would Disney honor the new rate?

Thanks!

Mickeyhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyhugger View Post
DH and I are looking to book one night before our cruise.

We usually stay at Hyatt MCO or Marriott Courtyard (by the airport.) This year, (actually, January 2014) our flight arrives 10:30 a.m. and I thought it would be fun to use our leftover parkhoppers, even if it's just one day. I know rates drop for selected resorts.

Thought about Wilderness Lodge or Beach Club?

I guess another question would be, if I book the normal rate now, and a lower rate becomes available, would Disney honor the new rate?

Thanks!
Rates are set by the date of travel, not date of booking. If you booked now and a discount was released that you qualified for, you could call, and pending availability with the discount have the rate adjusted. The rate itself won't go down from now until then regularly.

Rooms around $350/night or so depending on type and actual dates. I just checked out Monday, Jan 6 and it was $356 for the night (pretax I believe).
Old 08-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Mousesavers has a chart that lists historical discounts offered at WDW. It includes the release date, type of discount, and effective dates. Here's a link:

http://www.mousesavers.com/historica...ts/#codetrends

If you book a room now and a discount comes out that would be applicable for your resort during your stay, then it is up to you to call them and ask that it be applied to your reservation.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: