Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
AnaRig
Earning My Ears

First Cruise EVER....Any Suggestions?

Let me introduce myself, my name is Ana. My hubby and I are so excited because we are counting down until our first ever Disney Cruise aboard the Magic in November! Since neither of us have been out of the country, we are a little overwhelmed with our planning. We already have some ideas for our stop at Castaway Cay, but we have no clue as to what we should do at Cozumel. We will have our DD with us, who will be celebrating her 4th birthday. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 08-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaRig View Post
Let me introduce myself, my name is Ana. My hubby and I are so excited because we are counting down until our first ever Disney Cruise aboard the Magic in November! Since neither of us have been out of the country, we are a little overwhelmed with our planning. We already have some ideas for our stop at Castaway Cay, but we have no clue as to what we should do at Cozumel. We will have our DD with us, who will be celebrating her 4th birthday. Does anyone have any suggestions?
No suggestions really, as we are going on our first cruise too! But I share your excitement!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2013, 05:16 AM   #3
boundfordisney
I think my finger prints are still on the grab bars to this day

we did the dolphin swim at cozemel, well my 9 year old grandaughter and dh actually did the swin while I watched . They loved it!
Old 08-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #4
Big Al
Earning My Ears

Quote:
You & your daughter will LOVE the Magic...Cozumel is great for beaches IF that's what you all like..Mr. Sanchos, Paradise Beach ( they have a new inifinity pool there with a great beach and only $2 pp entrance fee)..Nachi Cocum is popular and is private- only 100 people allowed to enter daily, BUT it's $55 PP ( less for kids) and includes ALL you can eat AND drink, lounge chairs & umbrella, pool, hot tub ..it's gorgeous, but of course more $$...Chankanab is a nature water park that includes Dolphin encounter ( she may be a little young for that..), beaches, river rafts, etc. VERY NICE...it really depends if you want a beach day, or something more exotic, but with a 4 yr. old, I would think a beach day is what you all would like...you may want to check out the Cruise Critic boards and go to "boards" at the top, then scroll down to "ports of call", click "caribbean" , then "cozumel" and do some research there..tons of suggestions & info...let me know if you need any more help- we've been to Cozumel 10 times over 28 cruises...

Alan ( Big Al)
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #5
bbn1122
DIS Veteran

I second...Chanakaab....

We went there in 2010... For snorkeling....but they had so much... Dolphins....beach...pool...botanical garden.....bar...food...very nice....
AKL - Aug 2011,
HHI - August 2012
OKW - August 2014
Vero Beach - August 2014
Magic - West Carib April 2010, 2 night NYC June 2012
Dream - 3 night - August 2011 3 Night Dream - August 2014
bbn1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
PrincessForLife
Walt Disney World Junky

If you go on the DCL website and go to the port adventures section and look at Cozumel, they will have all the activities with prices and if it is a child friendly excursion vs older children/adult excursion. Anything through DCL will be fun!
Old 09-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #7
alecony
Earning My Ears

Hi! I am Alessandra I am brazilian, this is my first cruise. I will travel with my 2 kis (7 and 2 years old).
Do you have suggestions to Nassau? Attractions?
alecony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #8
PrincessForLife
Walt Disney World Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecony View Post
Hi! I am Alessandra I am brazilian, this is my first cruise. I will travel with my 2 kis (7 and 2 years old).
Do you have suggestions to Nassau? Attractions?
Do a port adventure to the Atlantis Resort for the water park. It's really fun for the whole family and the Disney transport is an excellent convenience! Most don't offer lunch but the resort has plenty of options.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #9
calebspeaks
Origami Disney Master

My first cruise is in a week. I cant wait!!!
calebspeaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #10
aftaco
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Don't plan too much, let some things just happen. My first cruise I was hooked on this forum for advice and tips. I missed out on some things and became frustrated. My advice would be just relax, read up on the basics, relax, and have fun. There are thousands of tips on here but only read them if it really excites you. Don't over plan!
aftaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #11
AnaRig
Earning My Ears

Thank you all for the great suggestions

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: