Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #61
kapoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
You're welcome, glad I could help. And as for the last part- maybe try getting up on the other side of the bed.

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #62
kapoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyThomas View Post
Thank you for the delightful lesson on how absolutely stupid I am. It's a wonder i am able to get out of bed in the morning without bumping into a wall.
Well you make accusations about someone and accuse of being racist by your standards, and without really knowing any of the facts, what do you expect?

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #63
BuddyThomas
Mouseketeer

Quote:

You're welcome, glad I could help. And as for the last part- maybe try getting up on the other side of the bed.
Well, that was funny, at least. I'll try that tomorrow.
BuddyThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #64
toodycat
DIS Veteran

The Poly. The CM at check in was grumpy and the pool was full of dead bugs. DH and I stopped swimming ommediately because it was so gross. None of the restaurants appealed to us. Tonga toast is OK, not brilliant. The constant drumming of Spirit of Aloha got old fast. The lobby felt small and crowded. The biggest plus was the monorail.
Grand Floridian 00, 01, 09 '11 12
Polynesian 06, 00
Wilderness Lodge 05 Grand Californian 04
Animal Kingdom Lodge 02, 10 Coronado 02, 01
Disney Magic 12, 09, 06, 02, 01
Disney Wonder 05
offsite 83, 89, 91
toodycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #65
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

I've stayed at almost all of the Disney resorts and the only one I wouldn't stay at again is CBR.

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #66
rosiebean
Mouseketeer

Have stayed at BCV, Poly, CBR, and Swan. Even though the Swan/Dolphin aren't 'Disney' resorts, they are the only from that group that I would not want to stay at again...not because there was a problem, but because they aren't Disney. They're great hotels, but just...hotels that I could stay at in any city, any time. When I go to Disney, I want to stay in a Disney themed resort.

Of the Disney resorts I've stayed in, I'd stay in any one again...though if I had to pick a fav, it would be the Poly. CBR was my least favorite, but it was still just fine, and I'd stay there again gladly. I loved BCV, though I found the BC lobby very crowded and loud. We're staying in YC our next go round simply because when I walked through the lobby there during our BCV stay it was so calm and sedate compared to BC. And it has the wonderful asset of being close to Epcot and having SAB etc. I don't do refillable mugs, so that's not an issue, nor is counter service restaurants.

I would love to go back to the Poly and probably will when VC construction is finally finished (though the recent Poly hotel room refurb does *nothing at all* for me). I also want to stay at BWI and CR (just so I can stay at CR with the monorail going through it).

The theming of the Values isn't my thing, or that at WL or some of the other VCs (Key West, SS). I find GF's current in-room decor horribly outdated for the cost per room per night.

But even those Disney resorts that I find lacking...I'd probably stay in any rather than an off-site hotel. I just love being on site.
rosiebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #67
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapoof View Post

Go in July sometime...btw other South American groups are also appalled by their (btg) behavior as well.
Bingo!!!!

I hope to never return in July after our last trip!!!

BTW: BTGs did stay at Poly this past year, so they don't just stay at values. And from the posts about them over there, they weren't very well mannered!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD23 DD17 Maud Marie:cat

Last edited by ocalla; 08-21-2013 at 09:41 PM.
ocalla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #68
MyPrinceWillCome
Mouseketeer

I have stayed at CBR, CSR, POR, Poly, BWI, BC, WL, and one of the Swolphins... I can't remember which one!

I wouldn't be thrilled about returning to CBR or CSR... for most of the reasons already discussed here. My favorite mod is by far POR. It was the first Disney resort I ever stayed at... back when it was Dixie Landings!
MyPrinceWillCome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #69
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

I have stayed everyplace but WL and Poly. My least fav moderate is CSR. Front desk is clueless (gave them 3 try's they made major errors every time) disliked the food court and a desert theme in the Orlando summer just screams HOT

The never again award goes to Grand Floridian. What a disappointment and rip off
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:29 AM   #70
clapton
Mouseketeer

Having stayed at almost every resort I would have to say the Poly. Just seems very old and worn and outdated to me. Hope it will be better after the refurb!
clapton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:20 AM   #71
ronfin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You are still a novice on these boards, and your ignorance of the BTG situation is apparent. I would suggest you educate yourself by reading some of the BTG threads on this board before screaming your outrage at our 'bigotry' and 'prejudice'.

First of all it is not racist. Brazillians are not a race of people, but a nationality. The feelings towards BTGs are not directed against that entire nationality but towards the groups which have such a negative impact on the other WDW guests because of their behavior.

Secondly, some cheerleader groups have also been roundly criticised for their behavior, especially at the resorts. Not because they are cheerleaders, but because of their negative impact on the rest of the guests.

Thirdly, Brazil is NOT a continent, but a country. Perhaps a geography or sociology lesson might also be of educational benefit for you. Again, I would like to emphasize that no one is stereotyping the entire population of Brazil- only those teenage groups which descend on WDW and behave badly.
Just wanted to say thank you. This was SPOT ON! I just came back from a 10 day stay, and I could not believe the amount of rude people from these particular "groups"! It's not a coincidence. Almost ALL of the line cutting, pushing & shoving, and obnoxious behavior I witnessed was from South Americans. Mostly young, but holy crap I just couldn't believe how bad they were acting. Does this mean that EVERY person from Brazil is like this? No. It just means that EVERY a-hole I ran into coincidentally was Brazilian. I'm sure there are plenty of great people from South America. Unfortunately though, and everyone that's been to Disney, has witnessed these same types of rude, and obnoxious behavior from a large percentage of them. So why is that? The people I ran into weren't all young, so it's not an age issue. Is it a cultural issue? Are the things I consider rude, like screaming on a crowded bus or cutting a line, considered "normal" in South America? Is it "OK" to push people aside to get on the Monorail for a seat "OK" in South America? Am I just missing a difference in cultural normalities here? Whatever the reasons, they exist, whether or not we call it stereotyping or not, there's a problem in that culture, and I'm definitely not the only one that sees it. Many people around us from all over the World were commenting on it throughout our trip.
2012 Trip Report: Entry #1
2012 Trip Report: Entry #2
2012 Trip Report: Entry #3

Like pictures of Disney? Check-out my Flickr by clicking HERE.
ronfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #72
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenji124 View Post
My least favorite is Coronado Springs. I wanted to like it but it just didn't do it for me. Didn't like the theming at all. Just didn't 'feel' like Disney for me.
I was going to type this exact sentence! Nothing negative, just didn't have the feel for us.
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Beach Club, 2015 Polynesian

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:11 AM   #73
mom2_3girls
Mouseketeer

I've stayed at Pop, CBR, BC and AKL. My least favorite was CBR...just too spread out and too long of a walk and I hated the multiple bus stops! My dh's least favorite (he didn't stay at CBR with us) is AKL. While the resort is beautiful our room was all the way down at the end of the hallway and it was just a long walk to get to the lobby and to fill the mugs. It may not of been so bad if we hadn't just stayed at BC where we had an awesome room!
2012 POP Century/CBR, 2013 BC/AKL, 2013 AoA/Disney Dream, 2014 WL, 2014 BC/Disney Fantasy
mom2_3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #74
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

I've never stayed at any values and the only moderate I ever stayed at was CBR. It turned us off so much that now we'll only stay at Deluxe. Which is a shame because I am sure there are really nice moderates out there... I just have flashbacks to the CBR bus situation and it makes me cringe.
Ginny Favers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #75
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny Favers View Post
I've never stayed at any values and the only moderate I ever stayed at was CBR. It turned us off so much that now we'll only stay at Deluxe. Which is a shame because I am sure there are really nice moderates out there... I just have flashbacks to the CBR bus situation and it makes me cringe.

My DD and DSIL hated that aspect so much they will never stay there again. All of the mods are not that bad though., thank goodness!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: