Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 07:58 AM   #46
Radiorox
Live from the city of Magic.

CBR - Too spread out, the rooms need some major love. The main pool was insanely full most of the time. Leave me with POR and CSR.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:59 AM   #47
kmb584
DIS Veteran

I've only stayed in 1 value resort, ASMu, and even that was just for a single night. I wanted to shave a bit off of the total cost for our April '11 trip so I decided on ASMu, but the moment I stepped into the room I knew it just wasn't going to work. The themeing of the resort was/is fantastic but the room was just way too small for us (and it was only myself and DD, 2 at the time). I also had to factor in that DD is an incredibly light sleeper and didn't do well at all that night; each time I got up to use the restroom, she woke up. By 8am I was showered and had our luggage packed, crossed my fingers and called to see if there was any availability at a mod. There was and by 10am we were settled in at CSR.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 08:04 AM   #48
Sleepyshopper
Earning My Ears

All though we have never stayed there, I would have to say the All Star Resorts are our least favorite. They just don't appeal to us

Sept. 2008 POP
Sept. 2012 POP
Sept. 2013 POR
Me , DH , DS16 , DD11, and DD3
Sleepyshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #49
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyThomas View Post
Nope. It's racist. And it is allowed to remain. Wow. If I posted about how I hated gigantic groups of American cheerleaders I would probably be kicked off the boards. But you can totally stereotype an entire continent and somehow that is okay? This makes me really sad, but not surprised.
You are still a novice on these boards, and your ignorance of the BTG situation is apparent. I would suggest you educate yourself by reading some of the BTG threads on this board before screaming your outrage at our 'bigotry' and 'prejudice'.

First of all it is not racist. Brazillians are not a race of people, but a nationality. The feelings towards BTGs are not directed against that entire nationality but towards the groups which have such a negative impact on the other WDW guests because of their behavior.

Secondly, some cheerleader groups have also been roundly criticised for their behavior, especially at the resorts. Not because they are cheerleaders, but because of their negative impact on the rest of the guests.

Thirdly, Brazil is NOT a continent, but a country. Perhaps a geography or sociology lesson might also be of educational benefit for you. Again, I would like to emphasize that no one is stereotyping the entire population of Brazil- only those teenage groups which descend on WDW and behave badly.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #50
BuddyThomas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post

You are still a novice on these boards, and your ignorance of the BTG situation is apparent. I would suggest you educate yourself by reading some of the BTG threads on this board before screaming your outrage at our 'bigotry' and 'prejudice'.

First of all it is not racist. Brazillians are not a race of people, but a nationality. The feelings towards BTGs are not directed against that entire nationality but towards the groups which have such a negative impact on the other WDW guests because of their behavior.

Secondly, some cheerleader groups have also been roundly criticised for their behavior, especially at the resorts. Not because they are cheerleaders, but because of their negative impact on the rest of the guests.

Thirdly, Brazil is NOT a continent, but a country. Perhaps a geography or sociology lesson might also be of educational benefit for you. Again, I would like to emphasize that no one is stereotyping the entire population of Brazil- only those teenage groups which descend on WDW and behave badly.
Thank you for the delightful lesson on how absolutely stupid I am. It's a wonder i am able to get out of bed in the morning without bumping into a wall.
BuddyThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #51
mefordis
Imitation: the sincerest form of flattery

Quote:
Yes that's better. "rolls eyes". No reason an entire race of people should be singled out when we all know that everyone is capable of bad behavior despite the country where you happened to be born.
Brazil is made up of many ethnicities. In general, Brazilians trace their origins from four sources: Amerindians, Europeans, Africans and Asians.

Brazil is a country not a continent. It resides in the continent of South America.

Edit: Sorry minnie mum, I posted this before reading your post!!

Oct 2013 Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2010 Wilderness Lodge
May 2009 DLR Grand Californian
April 2008 POFQ
Aug 2007 - Condo
May 2007 Yacht Club
Sept 2006 CSR/POR
mefordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #52
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Thankfully, I haven't stayed at any WDW resort that I've disliked. For value, I've stayed at ASMovies and AoA. I prefer AoA. Moderate, I've stayed at POR and POFQ and slightly preferred POFQ. Deluxe, I've done WL and the Poly and loved both.( Poly is getting pricy though)
Old 08-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #53
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

PopC is probably the least favorite of mine. (I prefer the all the All Stars over it big time). I don't like the set up of the store/CS area at all. The courtyards feel cramped and uninviting to me. I feel like the designers gave up space everywhere you look.

I've stayed at all levels and in most of the resorts.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #54
calngavinsmom
DIS Veteran

Hello there! We have stayed at POFQ, POR, CSR, ASMu and POP.

Our favourite all around resort so far is POR We just love it. However our least favourite was definitely POP. Way too large an occupancy rate compared to the size of the resort and its' amenities.

We didn't like having the uncovered bus stops in the hot sun or pouring rain, and with such a high occupancy rate, the bus lines were always so long (and we were value season, September) The stops at ASMu were uncovered as well, but since there is a lower occupancy, the bus stops were never crowded for us. We could wait under the overhang and when the bus pulled up, we were always able to get a seat

The same goes for the common areas, too crowded. POP is just soooo busy, we never really felt we got a "break" from the hustle and bustle of the parks.

ASMu was quite a bit quieter, so for that reason, if we stay value, that would be our choice. But money permitting, we would stay with the PO resorts (LOVE that riverboat )

Take care!

calngavinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #55
VP037388
Mouseketeer

We have stayed at Deluxe, Mod and offsite. The last trip was WL and we were disappointed. It's a beautiful resort, and I'm glad we got to experience it, but I feel scammed. We paid a fortune for a deluxe for a family reunion and the rooms were tiny. TINY. I swear the rooms at POFQ are bigger and (as a Mod) cheaper! Also, again, you are paying for a deluxe but have the transport options of a Mod or less. The boats to TTC, Contempory or MK were great. The buses were awful: long wait times but only 1 stop! We all were thinking they designed this to be a Mod and then last minute billed it as Deluxe. The food court was great, clean, good flow, good choices. Whispering Canyon, please don't go there. We have been there 3 times, twice on another trip, once this trip. It is always bad (not the schtick they do, just the food and general service).
VP037388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #56
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Thank you for the delightful lesson on how absolutely stupid I am. It's a wonder i am able to get out of bed in the morning without bumping into a wall.
You're welcome, glad I could help. And as for the last part- maybe try getting up on the other side of the bed.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #57
katiee37
DIS Veteran

It seems like I'm not alone with this, but CBR. You need to be in a preferred room here (which I was) but I'm not a fan of paying more just to avoid incredibly long walks or using the internal bus. We had a rental car here so the Custom House and Old Port Royale distance wasn't a huge deal, but even driving around the resort was confusing.

I'm glad I stayed once and since it was my first trip I had nothing else to compare it to. I don't intend on ever staying there again though.
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

katiee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #58
jenji124
Earning My Ears

My least favorite is Coronado Springs. I wanted to like it but it just didn't do it for me. Didn't like the theming at all. Just didn't 'feel' like Disney for me.

Caribbean Beach Resort (2/89, 2/90, 2/92, 2/96, 12/00, 5/04, 9/08), Coronado Springs Resort (9/09), Wilderness Lodge (9/07), Beach Club (5/05, 6/12), Port Orleans Riverside (9/13).
jenji124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #59
Michigan_Minnie
Disney Darling

Thanks for all the info about CBR. I had no idea!
2008 February @ Beach Club
2009 February @ ASMu Family Suite
2010 February @ ASMo
2010 October....MNSSHP
2011 February @ POR
2012 February @POR FQ
2014 February @ Pop Century

[
Michigan_Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #60
carmelhp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapoof View Post
Cheerleader groups get complained about all the time.
I'm not sure how I missed the nude Brazilian cheerleaders.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: